Autopsy AFL 2023 First Semi Final (Week 2) - Demons v Blues Fri Sept 15th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 33.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 73 36.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Our midfield will be fine if not better head to head. Hewett will probably stand next to him at clearances but that’s about it.

I would put a hard tag on Bailey, keep a very close eye on Rayner, and pray to god Cameron doesn’t get off the leash.

Not much else you can do other than hoping they have an off day. Very good side.
Acres can go with Bailey.
Newman was huge tonight. On Pickett and Fritsch at times. Reckon he would be the go to for Rayner. Cameron you just have to hope his off day is 2-3 goals, because he’s always ready to go off.

the finals series is going to be a fizzer now. lets just call it out. Carlton struggled over the line against Sydney who aren't even a top 8 team. Then they relied on Melbourne to kick 17 behinds to scrape over the line. Now Brisbane will make the granny where they typically never show up to play at the MCG and in the meantime Collingwood advance to the granny by playing Port at the mcg.

Collingwood beat Brisbane by 45 in the granny.

Bring on next season.
Good one Nostradamus, GWS probably even get up tomorrow night haha

the finals series is going to be a fizzer now. lets just call it out. Carlton struggled over the line against Sydney who aren't even a top 8 team. Then they relied on Melbourne to kick 17 behinds to scrape over the line. Now Brisbane will make the granny where they typically never show up to play at the MCG and in the meantime Collingwood advance to the granny by playing Port at the mcg.

Bring on next season.
Off to bed salty

F6EgVJkaMAA4Jpx

Donald Trump Lol GIF by Election 2020
the big difference though, is that Melbourne is the only one in that list who were premiers

LOL! Until now they've had the fortune of playing teams that don't have a forward line that can put a score on the board. Their luck runs out here.

They should book tickets to Bali instead of Brisbane.

Don’t you get tired looking like a fool?

LOL! Carlton barely beat 8th at home by a goal. They won't bother Melbourne next week.

Giants have a better chance of winning their semi

1:45 left on the clock, Melbourne get a mark. All they had to do was run the clock down, or chip it around. Instead they play on and try get it forward desperately as if they were 5 points down, not 5 points up. Moment got to them and they just made to many mistakes in the last couple of minutes. Blues shouldn't have been allowed a 2 vs 1 in the goal square for the goal ahead goal either, someone lost their man.

Last edited:
Don’t you get tired looking like a fool?
LOL! so I tipped Melbourne to win, and was incorrect by 3 points.
How about the game before when I correctly tipped the Giants to beat Carlton?
Let's see who's the fool next week when the Lions should comfortably win.

1:45 left on the clock, Melbourne get a mark. All the had to do was run the clock down, or chip it around. Instead they play on and try get it forward desperately as if they were 5 points down, not 5 points up. Moment got to them and they just made to many mistakes in the last couple of minutes. Blues shouldn't have been allowed a 2 vs 1 in the goal square either, someone lost their man.
The Viney hack kick forward killed it for them

1:45 left on the clock, Melbourne get a mark. All they had to do was run the clock down, or chip it around. Instead they play on and try get it forward desperately as if they were 5 points down, not 5 points up. Moment got to them and they just made to many mistakes in the last couple of minutes. Blues shouldn't have been allowed a 2 vs 1 in the goal square for the goal ahead goal either, someone lost their man.
Ironic isn't it, when the more experienced finals (and not long ago premiership) team made that kind of mistake.

Felt all year that Melbourne was the best team in it.
The topliners, the depth, the fitness.
Just couldn't manufacture enough goals (I know that's obvious).
Really feels like they have left a flag on the table the last couple of years.
Shame, I like the way they go about it in general.
Hard to fault Carlton, two close wins and they did it with some of their guns gutting it out, good luck to them 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Viney hack kick forward killed it for them

-viney kick- shit kick and shit decision
-kozy snap- he should of passed
-gawn spoil teammates goal
-gawn missing goals straight in front
-fritzh shit kicking again
-lever kick down the line

one of the worst chokes I can remember

-viney kick- s**t kick and s**t decision
-fritzh s**t kicking again

It's an all-time epic choke, plus last week v Collingwood, they'll be having nightmares all summer

Bring on next season.

Felt all year that Melbourne was the best team in it.
The topliners, the depth, the fitness.
Just couldn't manufacture enough goals (I know that's obvious).
Really feels like they have left a flag on the table the last couple of years.
Shame, I like the way they go about it in general.
Hard to fault Carlton, two close wins and they did it with some of their guns gutting it out, good luck to them 👍
We could have that Blues v Pies grand final after all! We just refused to die out there. I'm just very proud of those players right now.

That was our greatest ever win since the 1999 prelim final against the Bombers imo.

when did I complain about the score review? I never said it was the wrong call. Nothing just went our way. Score reviews, hitting the post etc. We were better, just couldn't kick straight. Bad kicking is bad football though I guess.
You've been banging on about Melbourne beating Carlton for over a month now and your mob fell short yet again. Time to move on the result won't be changed , Carlton have proven to be the better side . Carlton took opportunities when it mattered most.
Enjoy your off season . You can talk what might have been for the next 6 months

LOL! so I tipped Melbourne to win, and was incorrect by 3 points.
How about the game before when I correctly tipped the Giants to beat Carlton?
Let's see who's the fool next week when the Lions should comfortably win.
You still here Rod .
Any more salt and you will have a heart attack.
Gutsy call by you tipping the Lions only a brave person would make that call.

-viney kick- s**t kick and s**t decision
-fritzh s**t kicking again

All those moments just reinforce that Carlton didn't win it, but rather that Melbourne lost it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 First Semi Final (Week 2) - Demons v Blues Fri Sept 15th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Back