Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

Had his head taken off last week no free.

Daicos flops gets 3 including a goal.
No matter how much you try to take solace in your teams failure in successive years, by using inane arguments to deride our flag, it won’t change the fact your club is a rabble.

And your persistent pettiness is truly comical.

You can tell the Collingwood supporters are already insecure about this one. They know it’s as illegitimate as any.

Go and celebrate you sad flogs.
I'll tell you what is illegitimate, it is Carlton's flags under the Elliot regime. Absolute, unforgivable cheating. Essendon earned their 16 flags and so have we now.

The sad flog is the one so upset by a Collingwood flag that he goes on BF to post jealous garbage like the crap above.

Pretty hard for your mob to get to GFs without cheating. Although it's a pity Brisbane were a better side than your mob, because we would have absolutely flogged the Blues today.

Because mummy said your a big boy doesn’t mean your an adult- especially when he is also your sister 🤷🏼‍♂️
I think you’ve just proved discussing football is way beyond your capabilities.
Clearly the experiences in your peer group have diverted you to unnatural past times, of which you speak, that give you both insight and authority.
Sadly none of that is relevant here.

If that’s the case Daniher was robbed of the Norm Smith. Kicked 3 and nullified Moore.
If you’re now comparing Frampton to Daniher its pure stupidity- but I see your continued saltiness is leading you down paths of absurd and infantile digressions.
Now - how many times am I going to ask if Melb won the Expected Score GF.

and youve only just managed to catch us on flags, well done, although this one has an asterix
I think the word you are looking for is “asterisk” but I can see how being a fan of Hird you would be obsessed with men taking performance enhancing magic potions.

I think you’ve just proved discussing football is way beyond your capabilities.
Clearly the experiences in your peer group have diverted you to unnatural past times, of which you speak, that give you both insight and authority.
Sadly none of that is relevant here.
How is what u do my unnatural past times? Eddie McGuire is your spokesman I think that’s enough to show what your club is. “We hate that people hate us” ha ha yeah being hated is what everyone aims for.

I'll be disappointed if Collingwood don't 4peat after today. No other team can match them.

Happy to celebrate today's success against quality opponents.

If the Pies disappoint you next year come here and we'll give you a hug.

How is what u do my unnatural past times? Eddie McGuire is your spokesman I think that’s enough to show what your club is. “We hate that people hate us” ha ha yeah being hated is what everyone aims for.

jonno, you think if Ashcroft plays, you win the game?

What if Collingwood didn't lose a player at the start of the game and they also had Adams & McStay out there?

Was it loud inside the stadium? Because channel 7's coverage made it seem like there were about 15k there, with their penchant for dulling out the crowd noise. They seriously need to buy some effects mic's.
Yep agree, I realise GFs have heaps of neutrals in the stadium but it didn't even sound like a normal Grand Final crowd on TV, it seemed subdued

Your team won a flag and you are on here talking about comprehension 👍 People hate your club because you are just a bit off, scum, no class, Joffa and Eddie faces of the club - it’s not a good thing.

Your team was magnificent and gracious in defeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The numbers over the past couple months came to fruition... I told my mates last night I reckon 13 goals wins it, Brissy kicked 13 and lost it.

Went our way, what a day.
The irony isn’t lost on me.

All week the talk was about Collingwood not kicking enough goals this finals series. We then win a flag and kicking less goals than the opposition.

Just got home (watched on the big screen in the city) and watched the highlights. Last 5 minutes it seemed to me on the tv the crowd noise was wasn't as loud as I expected, despite how close/tense it was. Was it just the broadcast? I imagine it was rocking at the G. Also the pressure/desperation seemed a little less than I expected, maybe heat/fatigue?
I was thinking exactly the same

Did you watch the game? No one from Collingwood had any impact outside of Hill and maybe Crisp. Brisbane we’re by far the better team but just weren’t clean enough at crucial moments going forward
I’ve never seen a post get 12 reactions and all of them being 😂 well done

EDIT: Make it 17/17 😂

Last edited:
The thing that will really mess with all you haters, what if Joe Daniher had marked the Bailey kick and then they pulled it back to Nelae as it wasn't advantage?

I'm sure then you would still be certain there was no advantage and would have fully supported Collingwood fans disappointment.

It would've been more consistent with how they were umpiring the rule during the game, and most of this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back