Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

Was it loud inside the stadium? Because channel 7's coverage made it seem like there were about 15k there, with their penchant for dulling out the crowd noise. They seriously need to buy some effects mic's.
Comment made by Brian Taylor towards the end of the match was that the crowd was "one thousand and twenty-four"! My son quipped that he had more than that show up for his suburban footy practice match. Had to laugh out loud at that one :)

The free and goal to Daicos set the scene. In the end the umpires did what they were there to do.

Get Collingwood home.
I love it!!! Why didn't they get us home in 2018? Ump just had to blow his whistle and call the block on Maynard and job done!

To Pies supporters, we did it!!
To true neutrals, it was an awesome game. Nail biting from start to finish.
To Pies haters, OH HOW SWEET 16 PREMIERSHIPS ARE.
Now crawl back under your rock, you tossers!
Nothing gives us Pies supporters greater pleasure than knowing so many of you are hurting more than the team that lost!
Good night!

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn’t say capitulated. I thought we performed admirably. Brisbane are a very good side and hard to beat at home.
Have a look at the replay. The build up to the two goals where McInerney and Daniher were given the ball lace out. There was a third and fourth goal, one involved Hipwood kicking from the half back flank to Kideon. They were all well constructed goals by Brisbane but that didn’t happen today in fact you saw the frustration of the Brisbane players (Neale, Zorko) today on occasion when they were starved of opportunity on the half back line when they had possession.

Last edited:
I also find it funny how Brian and j.b say 'wow listen to the noise', not realising that the ch7 viewer at home can barely hear any crowd noise through their tv, coz of ch7's shit production team.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the end the script went to plan. AFL got the result they wanted. From the moment Maynard deliberately knocked out Brayshaw to the final advantage call. One of the worst administered finsls series in history.

flat-earth.jpg

Just got home (watched on the big screen in the city) and watched the highlights. Last 5 minutes it seemed to me on the tv the crowd noise was wasn't as loud as I expected, despite how close/tense it was. Was it just the broadcast? I imagine it was rocking at the G. Also the pressure/desperation seemed a little less than I expected, maybe heat/fatigue?

****ing cracker of a game.

1 moment goes slightly differently - McLuggage/Daniher convert their set shots, Berry doesn't give a 50 away, advantage doesn't get paid at the end and we're all talking about how Collingwood couldn't convert their chances and choked on the big stage along with brisbane's ability to ride out the opposition momentum, take their chances and sneak a win

Nevertheless Collingwood the better team overall and thoroughly deserving premiers. Brisbane also would've been had they snuck it. Both teams will be thoroughly in contention next year and dare i say we might see one (or both!) of them back here on the 28th of September 2024

Don’t care.

15 out directly in front of goal.

Set the tone

It is hard to read your posts through your tears. Oh your hurt and pain and immense jealousy is a beautiful thing. Sweet 16

Just got home (watched on the big screen in the city) and watched the highlights. Last 5 minutes it seemed to me on the tv the crowd noise was wasn't as loud as I expected, despite how close/tense it was. Was it just the broadcast? I imagine it was rocking at the G. Also the pressure/desperation seemed a little less than I expected, maybe heat/fatigue?

It was loud AF at the G. As loud as the prelim against GWS.

The heat might have been a factor but in my eyes the entire 2nd half was a high pressure affair as you'd expect of a closely contested GF.

It was a great game. Brisbane are a brilliant side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back