AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

• Lions by a goal or less

• Swans by 7 - 20

• Lions by 7 - 20

• Swans by a lot

• Lions by a lot

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Google, Parkway Drive could have done it for $137k.

Support Aussie music Dillion!
And we would be waiting two hours at half time for them to setup their floating walkway, just like at their recent concerts in Syd and Melb.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Absolutely insane that Brisbane team gets to add Keidean Coleman, Levi Ashcroft, Tom Doedee, Oscar McInerney and Lincoln McCarthy into it on Round 1 2025

Dont think the fans should be too worried about Saturday. Another 5 years of GF appearances at a minimum. If they win on Saturday, it will begin the dynasty

Absolutely insane that Brisbane team gets to add Keidean Coleman, Levi Ashcroft, Tom Doedee, Oscar McInerney and Lincoln McCarthy into it on Round 1 2025

Dont think the fans should be too worried about Saturday. Another 5 years of GF appearances at a minimum. If they win on Saturday, it will begin the dynasty
I hope for a pineapple grapple granny

A Lions dynasty is one that I could get behind, much better than the fake dynasties of the Tigers and the extra fake 07-11 (but they try to shoehorn in 11-22) Geelong era :p

Time is now for Sydney

It may very well be.

I think a fired up Grundy + Sydney midfield may take advantage of a weakened Brisbane ruck outfit AND add the news about a proppy Lachie Neale... if Sydney can't get the job done (while having hogged top spot on the ladder for the majority of the season)..... to quote BT BOY OH BOY WOWIEEEEEEEEEE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who shall be completely, perfectly, incandescently happy this Saturday evening, Mr Darcy?

I hope the Lions, but think the Swans, by a modest margin, their brightest stars are brighter.

One of the big factors in a GF can be the fear of losing.

My initial thoughts were that Sydney would be more susceptible to this, due to their dominant season. I mean, finishing so clearly on top, and being the most dominant team in the comp - only to lose the GF?? That would be as demoralising as it would be humiliating.

Especially after seeing Brisbane throw caution to the wind in their two finals and play like they had nothing to lose.

But...

Surely the fear of losing back to back GFs must be an enormous monkey on the back of the Lions?

I think if Sydney will win for this reason. I think the fear of losing will engulf the Brisbane players.

Their only hope of avoiding this is if Sydney get out to strong lead relatively early in the game. If this happens, it will allow Brisbane to engage the 'nothing to lose' mentality again.

But if that doesn't happen, I reckon Sydney will have the mental edge which will be enough to get them over the line.
It seems more common for a team to win after losing a grand final than lose 2 in a row. Eagles 92, Eagles 06, Cats 09, Saints drew in 10, Hawks in 13. Only back to back grand finals losses in the AFL era are Cats 94 and 95, Collingwood in 02 and 03 and St Kilda 09 and 10 including the replay.

Who shall be completely, perfectly, incandescently happy this Saturday evening, Mr Darcy?

I hope the Lions, but think the Swans, by a modest margin, their brightest stars are brighter.
Mr Darcy will be making wildly inappropriate comments on Saturday on triple m

From a historical perspective, for this century, how consistent has Sydney been in contending, Horse has guided this club to a Flag and Four GF's in his tenure so far.

Bris, consistent contender for the last few years now, under Fages, plus their 3 peat with arguably the GOAT team, a long time ago now, but in the scheme of recent history things, it's well, recent.

For the game, well harder to pick than a broken nose.

Don't have a wish for a winner, just an except for an absolute ball tearer game with a heap of ball tearer moments.

With these two exceptionally talented and drilled teams, I think we get a game for the absolute ages.

Heeney v Dunkley, omfg!, Rayner if he gets off the chain, Warner the same, how about either Cameron or Paps. Gulden or Cobr Kai Lohmen.

The impenetrable Harris.

This game has all the makings of one of the all time greatest games, let alone a GF.

Tip, purely on being the fresher team, Syd. In saying that, geez this brions team is mentally immovable.

Can't pick it.

I was nervous heading into the GF last year but this year feels different, It feels like it’s meant to be ours and it’s just waiting for us to come in and take it.

The buzz is all around the Lions!
It'd be interesting, because both teams have gone through heartbreak the past 2 grand finals, they're both going to be extra motivated, hopefully it means it goes down to the wire.

I honestly think it's anyone's game, super hard to predict a winner. I can only think Brisbane might pull it off just off their superior recent form since half way through the season, but it could easily go the other way.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG) Teams in OP

Back