AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

• Lions by a goal or less

• Swans by 7 - 20

• Lions by 7 - 20

• Swans by a lot

• Lions by a lot

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's supposed to be windy throughout the day, will make kicking for goal interesting for both teams that won't be fully used to how the wind carries the ball around the ground!

yep..check in last night to see its a big no.
is it that hard to just marathon classic G.F/finals all night.
it's only one night of the year you fools!

I usually offset it by playing the occasional (Hawthorn and non Hawthorn) finals match throughout August/September.

yep..check in last night to see its a big no.
is it that hard to just marathon classic G.F/finals all night.
it's only one night of the year you fools!
(well fox footy ran four GFs in full and Ch7 ran two ... but it ain't exactly a marathon like the good old days)

Especially since fox footy have access to a lot of ABCTV versions which haven't seen the light of day since they were first aired or part of the '87 marathon.

Bring it back

I was there that day. Got two tickets,took a Hawk mate to see his side get smashed by the Bombers. The brawl was in front of me.

That reserves game was something else, before the salary cap the rich clubs stocked up on quality players. Hawks had Buckenara Whitman Morrissey Abbott Dear etc and Carlton seemed have as many senior grade players stuck on the ressies. Jamie Bennett used to live near me, VAFA legend and a great coodabeen (think his knee went?).

Had they fielded their twos as senior clubs they would have finished ahead of several senior sides in the VFL.

Brisbane by 11 points
First goal: Hugh McCluggage
Norm Smith: Patrick Cripps...

...I mean, Cam Rayner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring it back

will be interesting to what they do, once they have a fully fledged AFL reserves comp.

do you hold more curtain raisers to main games? do you hold their GF the week prior, or integrate it into AFL GF day? (same holds true for the AFLW comp. do you align the comp with the late part of the men's season, or keep it separate?)

Oh, and a random note. The OSH limit for the MCG 100,024. So that's what they'll always claim even if the crowd is thousands more than that in reality.
Surely they wouldn't let in more than the regulated capacity crowd in this day and age. Someone on Bigfooty said the opposite idea that perhaps the AFL is reporting an exact capacity crowd regardless of it falling a bit short to send a message that not one seat or standing place went to waste.

pretty please Lions. Don't get pipped last 5 minutes again.

Prediction: winner will be who gives up the least amount of territory while busy mouthing off . Zorko or Papley

Brisbane by 11 points
First goal: Hugh McCluggage
Norm Smith: Patrick Cripps...

...I mean, Cam Rayner.

I know it wouldn't happen (professionalism and all that) but I would LOL if the former player that announces this years Norm Smith medalist trolls everyone by saying THE WINNER OF THE 2024 NORM SMITH MEDAL IS PATRICK CRIPPS!!!

I hope it doesn't end up like 2014. The build up was crazy and it had all the markings of a close classic. Absolute fizzer.

Biased though I am, there were far worse grand finals. 2014 wasn't a great contest, but it was one of the greatest games a team has played in the modern era, packed with scintillating highlights. Compare it to the much more competitive snorefest of 2013.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG) Teams in OP

Back