AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

• Lions by a goal or less

• Swans by 7 - 20

• Lions by 7 - 20

• Swans by a lot

• Lions by a lot

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to see Fage's get a flag as Sr Coach. I'm willing to set aside his adoration of Ed Sheeran for the day.

Even though I tipped Sydney a Brissy win would be just as good.

Just had a look at the MCG on the tele and Dylan Grimes is STILL hangin' on to Betts in the goalsquare now !!!

Biased though I am, there were far worse grand finals. 2014 wasn't a great contest, but it was one of the greatest games a team has played in the modern era, packed with scintillating highlights. Compare it to the much more competitive snorefest of 2013.

It was the greatest grand final in existence

The defending champion going up against the people's favourite and the media bandwagon of "Buddy's Swans".
Hawthorn had other ideas against the media's "fairytale" ending and smashed Sydney from start to finish. Have never seen a better demolition job.

Will Langford's goal on the run was THE goal of the grand final
Ted Richards' dummy spit when he was outmarked was priceless
Adam Goodes' punch to the back of Luke Bruest a low light.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring 10 years ago now, and obviously I haven't rewatched the game, I don't recall this. You(it anyone else that reads this and wants to chip in) wouldn't have vision?

Doubt it would be worse than what Lake/Harris got away with against buddy lol

It was a jumper punch (maybe a push if AFL actually cited it lol) during a Luke Bruest mark :(

Enhanced my hatred of him and the Swans in general!!!

Biased though I am, there were far worse grand finals. 2014 wasn't a great contest, but it was one of the greatest games a team has played in the modern era, packed with scintillating highlights. Compare it to the much more competitive snorefest of 2013.

2014 was over half way through the second quarter. No one wants GFs like that from a neutral.

2014 was over half way through the second quarter. No one wants GFs like that from a neutral.

Second quarter? Generous. Only two of our players turned up Chad (who was near best on despite the putrid performance) and Robbie Fox. Rest of them were trash.

That said that side was so young weirdly it was the loss we had to have

That reserves game was something else, before the salary cap the rich clubs stocked up on quality players.

90% accurate, I think

HAWTHORN RESERVES GRAND FINAL 1985
B: Eade, Abbott, Roberston
HB: Morrisey, Knights, Wittman
C: Teal, Howard, Considine
HF: Buckenara Curran Sullivan
F: Bennett, Byrne, McGrath
Foll: Dear, Flintoff, Malaxos
Int from: Bailey, Ellingworth, Jencke, Collins, Lovett

In their defence, Hawks weren't particularly rich. Carlton on the other hand ...

CARLTON RESERVES GRAND FINAL 1985
B: Nixon Austin Perovic
HB: Kenny Bortolotto English
C: Hanna Hartney Marchesani
HF: Muller Howell Gaghan
F: Shine Ralph McKenzie
Foll: Jones Robertson Marcou
Inter: Baynes Burke Kennedy

Memories of the 80s are why I feel no sympathy for Essendon and Carlton fans going on about how long-suffering they are, or how Geelong have an unfair advantage. Teams like mine were just fodder for them for two decades.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG) Teams in OP

Back