Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 18 - Hawks v Freo Sat July 13th 1:45pm AEST / 11:45 WST (Uni Of Tasmania)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn-vs-Fremantle.png

13th v 3rd

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 18
HAWTHORN V FREMANTLE
SATURDAY JULY 13TH 1:45PM AEST (UNIVERSITY OF TASMANIA)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:
HAWTHORN v FREMANTLE

Saturday July 13, 1:45pm at UTAS Stadium

HAWKS

B: J. Scrimshaw, S. Frost, B. Hardwick
HB: H. Morrison, J. Sicily - C, J. Impey
C: D. Moore, C. Mackenzie, C. Nash
HF: J. Ward, M. Chol, W. Day
F: N. Watson, L. Breust, M. D’Ambrosio
FOLL: L. Meek, J. Worpel, J. Newcombe

I/C: J. Weddle, K. Amon, C. Jiath, C. Macdonald, C. Dear
EMG: J. Serong, J. Gunston, F. Maginness

IN: J. Sicily, J. Ward, C. Dear
OUT: M. Lewis (Injured), J. Gunston (Managed), S. Mitchell (Omitted)

DOCKERS

B: H. Chapman, B. Cox, J. Draper
HB: C. Wagner, L. Ryan, J. Clark
C: H. Young, N. Fyfe, J. O’Meara
HF: S. Sturt, P. Voss, M. Frederick
F: J. Treacy, J. Amiss, S. Switkowski
FOLL: L. Jackson, C. Serong - C, A. Brayshaw

I/C: B. Banfield, J. Sharp, M. Johnson, M. Walters, J. Aish
EMG: W. Brodie, B. Walker, L. Reidy

IN: P. Voss
OUT: S. Darcy (Injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be an interesting game, long trip to Tassie and an in form Hawks, minus last round.

Hard to know exactly what happens in this one, the old cliche of the midfield battle deciding the game probably rings true here.
Inevitably we'll give up some sort of lead, then it's a matter of can we fight back into it or not.

Perth did its best to give something close to Tassie conditions last Saturday, if Freo wake up early enough and can play the way we've been playing it should be a tough win, if we don't I think we'll find ourselves in trouble this game.

Fremantle under Longmuir have dominated Hawthorn with an average winning margin of 6 goals. I think this will be closer being in Tassie

If Sicily plays, Hawks by < 10 points. If he does not play, Freo by < 10 points

Mitch Lewis out for the season with a ruptured ACL 😞

I hadn't seen this news. how sad for him and the team. Let's hope for a strong recovery for him.

If we want to finish top four we need this game... Hawks seem a different team to the one we played earlier in the year, one of the bigger turn arounds for a young team in season. To be commended for not just giving up on the year after their start.

I picked Freo by a goal... no idea though.

I hadn't seen this news. how sad for him and the team. Let's hope for a strong recovery for him.

If we want to finish top four we need this game... Hawks seem a different team to the one we played earlier in the year, one of the bigger turn arounds for a young team in season. To be commended for not just giving up on the year after their start.

I picked Freo by a goal... no idea though.
We haven't played against each other this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jlo gets to coach against his 🐰 Mitchell again

Yet Sammy’s the genius with hawks in a commanding 13th on the ladder whilst jlo “has had to save his job this year “ by getting freo to 2 points off second…

🤔

Anyway Decent midfield the hawks have assembled but they’re up against one of the best in the business this week.
Should be a good battle(Darcy’s a big out for freo tho)

Just not sure how hawks undersized backline can contain the jye and Josh show, especially if Sicilys out .

regardless Should be a decent contest and expect it to be close but I think jlo continues his dominance over Mitchell

Freo by 7

Yet Sammy’s the genius with hawks in a commanding 13th on the ladder whilst jlo “has had to save his job this year “ by getting freo to 2 points off second…
Kane Cornes, the one guy in the media who called Mitchell a "genius" and has been shit-stirred about it ever since... But he never described Justin Longmuir as a genius. Even had the temerity to question his coaching abiliity earlier in the year when the Dockers were struggling to kick 10 goals over 4 quarters.

And you're all bent out of shape about it. Geez, mate... Can't you just enjoy sitting 3rd on the ladder?
Life must be pretty good if the only thing you have to complain about are the footy opinions of Kane Cornes.

Here's a tip: If you don't like him, then tune out. Difficult to do, because he is everywhere
But nobody is forcing you to read his articles, listen to his shows on SEN or watch him on Channel 9

am glad Freo had that freezing game on Saturday night to prepare them for Tasmania
Do you really think trained athletes feel the cold weather when they play footy and run their guts out for 2 hours?
Most distance runners prefer colder temperatures to hot conditions.

BOM 7 day forecasts (top temperature)
Melbourne.... 14... 15... 13... 16... 13... 11... 11...
Launceston... 15... 15... 14... 13... 11... 11... 11...

Back