Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Blues v Saints Sun Aug 25th 3:20pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Roll up roll up! Get your pre-game excuses for failure in now Carlton Posters.
Now is the time to do it. Don't wait till after the game! That just gets embarrassing.

Sorry witg but the reality is NO excuses will be accepted. This is the Saints you are playing!!! Time to show us all who you really are Carlton.
All I said was Curnows not even playing in response to your post mentioning him playing... 🤡🤡🤡

Should be an interesting game. We’re no.1 in the comp for the season for scoring from the back half, while Carlton have struggled to defend the ground all year (even when they were top 2 they were ranked 14th or something like that defensively), and now we’re scoring freely almost every week (99 points or more in 4 of our last 5 games).

While both teams will have very short forward lines, with no-one over about 194cm in either. Unless we move Howard forward, if there isn’t an obvious match-up for him down back. We didn’t replace Caminiti with a like-for-like, so Howard could potentially be it.

If not, he’ll be the only tall bloke for either team up the other end.

The tactics from both teams will be fascinating.

Should be an interesting game. We’re no.1 in the comp for the season for scoring from the back half, while Carlton have struggled to defend the ground all year (even when they were top 2 they were ranked 14th or something like that defensively), and now we’re scoring freely almost every week (99 points or more in 4 of our last 5 games).

While both teams will have very short forward lines, with no-one over about 194cm in either. Unless we move Howard forward, if there isn’t an obvious match-up for him down back. We didn’t replace Caminiti with a like-for-like, so Howard could potentially be it.

If not, he’ll be the only tall bloke for either team up the other end.

The tactics from both teams will be fascinating.
I'm quite keen to watch too. Would have to be one of the shortest all round team selections from both sides in recent memory. You'd think the few big units out there should dominate the airways but when so many smalls are playing the pace of the game may be too frenetic to get them involved.

My tip is still the Saints as I think we rely on our talls more than they do but if our midfield gets on top anything can happen

I'm quite keen to watch too. Would have to be one of the shortest all round team selections from both sides in recent memory. You'd think the few big units out there should dominate the airways but when so many smalls are playing the pace of the game may be too frenetic to get them involved.

My tip is still the Saints as I think we rely on our talls more than they do but if our midfield gets on top anything can happen
One thing you guys could have in your favour is the element of surprise, given you won’t be playing the same way we’d have been scouting you all year, although you’d think it would be similar to how you played last week.

Who do you think Weitering will play on? Sharman, Membrey, Owens and Wood (who will presumably play mostly forward, if we don’t move a Howard/Battle forward) are all pretty mobile types, so it will be interesting to see who he plays on. We’ll need to keep the ball away from him in the air.

McGovern just confirmed out for Blues too. Orazio in
Frustrated Jason Segel GIF by NETFLIX

We are gunna need Port to drag us in the finals. No way we win this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing you guys could have in your favour is the element of surprise, given you won’t be playing the same way we’d have been scouting you all year, although you’d think it would be similar to how you played last week.

Who do you think Weitering will play on? Sharman, Membrey, Owens and Wood (who will presumably play mostly forward, if we don’t move a Howard/Battle forward) are all pretty mobile types, so it will be interesting to see who he plays on. We’ll need to keep the ball away from him in the air.
Honestly I have no idea whats going to happen today with match ups. McGovern out throws a spanner in the works and Young and Weitering are far more traditional KPD's who you really don't want out on the hybrid style forwards like Membrey, Owens etc

AFL already has tickets sold to the Carlton Saints game and people will watch it. Mission 1 of 2 complete. Mission 2 is to ensure a Saints win so that the last game means something and has even more eyeballs on it. Surely they dont let Carlton win this

AFL already has tickets sold to the Carlton Saints game and people will watch it. Mission 1 of 2 complete. Mission 2 is to ensure a Saints win so that the last game means something and has even more eyeballs on it. Surely they dont let Carlton win this
AFL doesnt need to do a thing and we aint winning regardless with this team.

All we can do is barrack for Port now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Blues v Saints Sun Aug 25th 3:20pm AEST (Marvel)

Back