Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - Saints v Swans Sun July 7th 3:20pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by a goal or less

• Saints by 7 - 20

• Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope the embarrassment hurts like hell

It does for sure when you should just kick straighter and win, or the opposition get called for a hold occasionally,

We played like shit got up by 30 then played shittier, humiliating

Enjoy your premiership

What a fantastic Saints win. Back from a fair way behind, started taking risks, Philipou and co lookin real good, and the ex north winger was good too, that Higgibs bloke is a natural player, and the overall tackling and defensive zone made Swans look less dangerous. But another dastardly bounce in front of goal looked to have set up a Swans last gasp win, but finally, the McDonald Yips appeared for the 2nd week in a row.

Justice is served. Swans with 72% more frees is a bit worrisome when watching some line ball decishes going to the away team, and that swans defender trying to trick the ref into thinking a goal was a point. Max Props Saints.

I was listening to the game on the way to shops and Mick Malthouse was saying how St Kilda were looking like a bottom 4 team. He had given up on them early 2nd quarter. Amazing win against the clear flag favourite.

If Logan McDonald's contract is up this year, the value is going down by the week.
85159133558c8d100ebd296f9c842377.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two first year players Pou BOG in his second year.
NWM 21 second best on.

Lyon doing wonders with the kids.

So the MCG is a significant advantage for Victorian teams?

I wouldn't say it's purely the ground and being unfamiliar with it - maybe interstate teams get the jitters with the occasion ? Look at Nat Fyfe in 2013 for example and having trouble kicking for goal.

The MCG is just a footy ground, yes it can be unique with wind swirls and such too.

If there’s any karma in footy then Ross won’t win another game this year. Swans by 136 points after a close arm wrestle for the opening 1 and a half minutes.

This post didn't age well, the Swans got hit by the Saints karma bus today.

I hope the Swans can swim.

It turned out they couldn't swim, the Saints drowned the Swans in their own bathwater, we didn't even need to employ the flood.

I was listening to the game on the way to shops and Mick Malthouse was saying how St Kilda were looking like a bottom 4 team. He had given up on them early 2nd quarter. Amazing win against the clear flag favourite.
Mick has never gotten over being fired by Yabby Jeans.

St. Kilda are not a terrible side. Commentators today said they have lost 6 games by a kick. Win half of those and they are in or just outside the 8 and the narrative around them is completely different. Have the bones of a good team but need to recruit or develop a couple more mids and find another tall defender.

St. Kilda are not a terrible side. Commentators today said they have lost 6 games by a kick. Win half of those and they are in or just outside the 8 and the narrative around them is completely different. Have the bones of a good team but need to recruit or develop a couple more mids and find another tall defender.
Any sort of functioning forward line would have won those games. Our forwards have been absolutely terrible at positioning and our mids diabolical at delivering the ball into the forward line.

I wouldn't say it's purely the ground and being unfamiliar with it - maybe interstate teams get the jitters with the occasion ? Look at Nat Fyfe in 2013 for example and having trouble kicking for goal.

The MCG is just a footy ground, yes it can be unique with wind swirls and such too.
No one trains on it so the advantage isn't really there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - Saints v Swans Sun July 7th 3:20pm AEST (Marvel)

Back