Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Dogs v GWS Sun Aug 25th 12:30pm AEST (Mars)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues had a very much overrated win last week and GWS were imperious last weeks. Fremantenth won't be beating Port.
GWS has been beating teams by kicking straight. In the last 7 weeks they've only beaten Fremantle by having more shots and were comfortably beaten all other times. They've been doing enough but they're beatable.

They have only had a couple of comfortable wins all year.

Dogs also smacked them in Western Sydney

GWS has been beating teams by kicking straight. In the last 7 weeks they've only beaten Fremantle by having more shots and were comfortably beaten all other times. They've been doing enough but they're beatable.

Round 10 is ancient history and they've won 7 in a row. You have won one in a row.

Calling it now, this is the GF preview.
Not unless we learn to kick a bit straighter.
Hopefully Sam Darcy gets his kicking boots on again.

Not unless we learn to kick a bit straighter.
Hopefully Sam Darcy gets his kicking boots on again.
Lloyd described his technique as sus and it does look a bit clunky. Gives him something to work on as otherwise he's the complete package (no relation to Jake Stringer).

Despite a seesawing season I feel the Dogs should have way more hype going into finals. The Hawks have probably stolen your thunder a bit, funnily enough there's a strong probability you play them in an elimination final. That would be bloody harsh as both teams have been in, mostly, ripping form.

There were one or two Brisbane fans cocky in here two weeks ago.

Never Surrender isn’t just a catchy line in a song.
Definitely not cocky... it's 50/50 at best.

I just find it strange that the dogs are being written off when the GWS form isn't actually as strong as it looks. Most of those games were close and won through good kicking. Something that isn't that prevalent in Ballarat as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely not cocky... it's 50/50 at best.

I just find it strange that the dogs are being written off when the GWS form isn't actually as strong as it looks. Most of those games were close and won through good kicking. Something that isn't that prevalent in Ballarat as well
I agree …. A definite 50/50 game

I agree with this. They've had a number of games where they've had less scoring shots than the oppo but won.
Full credit to them, but at the same time, most grand finals and prelims are won whereby the winning teams have more scoring shots. Seems obvious, but it's worth noting that you're probably not going to win a GF/prelim if you're relying on kicking 15.5 or 14.4 off a small amount of scoring shorts.

That it my only reservation about GWS in terms of wining or making a GF, but in fairness they beat Freo last week with more scoring shots.

With that being said, they're tasty odds at $2.65 for a team that hasn't lost in weeks.
A genuine 50/50 game IMO.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Dogs v GWS Sun Aug 25th 12:30pm AEST (Mars)

Back