Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Blues v Saints Sun Aug 25th 3:20pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know why you are determined to make it about the Suns?

We get another good fixture and no doubt we will find a way to muck it up once again haha.

Fair crack to the Saints. That Higgins goal got me off the couch. Carlton supporters would all be on their phones on the train back to the north.
no malice intended, I'm in QLD and watch them a lot, just felt them slipping into bottom 6 again was just as cursed as the Blues being denied

Absolutely deserved to lose Carlton. Could only cheat to win and coulsnt even do it
They were horribly undermanned and had a legit crack.

Hats off to them. Realistically, on paper, they probably should have lost by a fair bit today. But their efforts and pressure nearly got them over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta commend the Saints for fighting out the win, I know we were without so many of our best players but that was a gutsy win by a young group who were playing like they had a finals campaign on the horizon
Gotta admit, I was sitting there watching it and wondering to myself why the hell St Kilda players even gave a shit.

Especially with the heat that Carlton were bringing, I just assumed they'd throw in the towel. And I wouldn't have blamed them either.

After that final kickout from defence with under a minute to go Blues lost 3 consecutive contests. They only had to win one of them to guarantee finals.

The script was written for a Carlton win but Higgins changed the script with his great late goal.

It cost us pick 5 but a win like that is worth more than a better draft pick and gives us more momentum going into next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Blues v Saints Sun Aug 25th 3:20pm AEST (Marvel)

Back