Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Dogs v GWS Sun Aug 25th 12:30pm AEST (Mars)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Khamis isnt a 1 on 1 defender, more of an intercept role. Either Jones or Lobb (if not playing ruck) would go to Hogan IMO. If English stays out I would expect to see Jones on Hogan with O'Donnell playing second tall
He was being sarcastic being a smart arse

Second is still a big incentive.
I really don’t know if it is. I’d think Giants would probably back themselves over Sydney in Sydney compared to an Adelaide trip. If they get over Sydney then they wouldn’t have to leave Sydney until the grand final if they made it.

I don’t think the players would think like that though. They go out and try to win despite any consequences as a result.

I really don’t know if it is. I’d think Giants would probably back themselves over Sydney in Sydney compared to an Adelaide trip. If they get over Sydney then they wouldn’t have to leave Sydney until the grand final if they made it.
If we win and Freo win we possibly don’t leave WS until the GF.
Plus there is that nice little part about knocking you lot out 😉

Going to have to go with GWS for tipping sakes, but I think they could be a sneaky chance. They are playing some great footy at the moment.

Obviously Dogs are too, but chance for top 2 has to be a pretty big carrot to dangle.

Then again, Dogs need to win to not drop to 4th if Freo win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any incentive for GWS to win? They are currently looking at a home final vs the Swans. Why would they want anything else?
They can host a home final vs Port at Engie. Surely facing a travelling team is the best scenario?

They can host a home final vs Port at Engie. Surely facing a travelling team is the best scenario?
It's a risk though. Win and Port win then it's an away game in Adelaide. You wouldn't want to mess with the winning mindset though

GWS tanking to finish 4th and stay in Sydney as opposed to risking a trip to Adelaide?

Furthermore, GWS have won every final against Sydney. Think it’s 3-0.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Dogs v GWS Sun Aug 25th 12:30pm AEST (Mars)

Back