Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Bombers v Saints Sat March 30th 4:20pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What a salty post game thread pretty funny that the Saints belted us in pre season but it counts for nought
Saints fans are such sore losers..... It was the umpires fault! wait no it was because they had so many injuries! No wait it's your poor accuracy inside 50!

We have just as many valuable players missing.
We had more inside 50's and were less efficent.
Sure we won the free kick count but that doesn't mean we got a armchair ride. I actually think they got the better go from the umps lol so I guess we're all bias.

Quick head to head update…..144-71.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Bombers reliance on Stringer is very damning of their list. Jake is good but you cannot rely on him having a blinder to win games at his age.
Blinder? Did you watch 45 seconds?

Well done on beating our half strength team, I look forward to seeing how you go against our full strength team.
Steven, this is Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?

The client was very specific, they want you to stop whining about the things in your imagination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers fans certainly got more hope out of this game, the Saints dropped a big one again on every one of their supporters with this loss. Both teams had big outs, both teams had points to prove. Essendon were the winners and the Saints did a Joe Biden by stumbling while going up the ladder. St.Kilda missed a huge opportunity here while their fans clean off whatever it is that was dumped all over them.

Bombers fans certainly got more hope out of this game, the Saints dropped a big one again on every one of their supporters with this loss. Both teams had big outs, both teams had points to prove. Essendon were the winners and the Saints did a Joe Biden by stumbling while going up the ladder. St.Kilda missed a huge opportunity here while their fans clean off whatever it is that was dumped all over them.
Losing wright and having jones take a game by the scruff wasnt something i was expecting. Was close to the weideman "discard at seasons end" pile for me.
Setterfield a big out for us as he's the one who clears space for the smaller mids to work in. Watching a rusty parish lay that many tackles in his absence is more what the edge is/should be about.

Ive knocked them of late but heppell and mcgrath have been putting in shifts this year as experienced heads down back.

But the player i knock the most who did the clutch things late was draper.

Durham a loss next week against a good midfield. Hopefully setterfield back and tsatas shows some defensive efforts in vfl today to earn a recall.
Ridley should be back and hopefully rioli resists knocking him out

Saints have been a half strength team since the introduction of colour TV

using the same method, what's measures your period of half strength? The IPod ?

Losing wright and having jones take a game by the scruff wasnt something i was expecting. Was close to the weideman "discard at seasons end" pile for me.
Setterfield a big out for us as he's the one who clears space for the smaller mids to work in. Watching a rusty parish lay that many tackles in his absence is more what the edge is/should be about.

Ive knocked them of late but heppell and mcgrath have been putting in shifts this year as experienced heads down back.
Losing Wright was never going to be as big of a loss in the short term as it was hyped up to be. At his best he's capable of taking a team apart by himself but doesn't do it very often. He also tends to have less mobility than his opponents once the bill hits the ground (not surprising given his size) which means the ball comes out easier than it does when for example Langford is the main forward.

Essendon's young midfield also tend to use Wright as their go to at all cost option similar to what Hawthorn and to a bigger extent Sydney did on occasion with Franklin. I expect as Essendon's midfield get more experience and better at kicking the ball to Wright's advantage as well as picking when to use him as an option his output will improve as I'd expect him to take more marks and get more free kicks. If he's taking the ball at its highest point he's going to draw a few holding the man and arm chop frees just with his height let alone the marks he'll take by being able to outreach his opposition. Until that experience kicks in, Langford remains Essendon's most damaging KPF.

Losing Wright was never going to be as big of a loss in the short term as it was hyped up to be. At his best he's capable of taking a team apart by himself but doesn't do it very often. He also tends to have less mobility than his opponents once the bill hits the ground (not surprising given his size) which means the ball comes out easier than it does when for example Langford is the main forward.

Essendon's young midfield also tend to use Wright as their go to at all cost option similar to what Hawthorn and to a bigger extent Sydney did on occasion with Franklin. I expect as Essendon's midfield get more experience and better at kicking the ball to Wright's advantage as well as picking when to use him as an option his output will improve as I'd expect him to take more marks and get more free kicks. If he's taking the ball at its highest point he's going to draw a few holding the man and arm chop frees just with his height let alone the marks he'll take by being able to outreach his opposition. Until that experience kicks in, Langford remains Essendon's most damaging KPF.
KOing cunningham aside, it was nice to see him attack contests more.
He's a big lad with huge reach. Needs to be hitting every pack as if he has first rights on the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Bombers v Saints Sat March 30th 4:20pm AEDT (Marvel)

Back