Game Day AFL 2024 Season, Round 21: St Kilda Saints v Brisbane Lions, Sunday 4th August 4:40pm Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2008
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Sunbury Lions
1722697003108.png
With congrats to Mitch on his 50th game for us, it shall summarily be overshadowed on telecast for Lesters 200th for them, as this is the way, no positive news cycles on game day, nope.

We finalised the two in 2 out with Hunter missing due to injury and Hugo with arse splinters, and thus we welcome back the Pou and the good Paddy? Maybe?

The only thing that's changed is that we're no longer $3 outsiders, it's now $2.40, so not as lucrative to go for the smokey as time progressed, whoda thunk that betting agencies aren't a good narrative to go by in terms of who might win a match.

I'm finishing off this post by stating that everyone should visit the AFL link if not for the Joe Daniher most goals picture. If that isn't French royal from 1742 that just saw the ankle of a fat woman before trotting off to go defecate into a bucket, then we might win this match.

Brissie by Camerons good bloke status - (Zorko / Dunkleys dogs days)*2.

qKFHobL.gif

I want to win.

I think no Clark leaves a hole.

Hopefully Pou has a big game.

It'll be interesting to see Stocker's role and how he goes.

Hopefully the forward line functions well again.

Go Saints.
It's a tough one. Get on a run and we could finish as high as 9th or 10th. I think I'd rather drop this one off the back of disgraceful umpiring and walk away with the moral win. Geelong and the Scum are more important to me.

It's a tough one. Get on a run and we could finish as high as 9th or 10th. I think I'd rather drop this one off the back of disgraceful umpiring and walk away with the moral win. Geelong and the Scum are more important to me.

I tend to agree with this sitting on my couch.

But in the heat of the last 5 mins, at the game, we're down by 5 points I know I'm screaming for a late goal.

Top spot is suddenly up for grabs, I can't see the Lions wobbling today. I think we give them a good scare though.

If I dig down deep I still just can't find a place where I'm ok to lose. If it was the last game of the season/Harley Reid kind of deal that would probably be different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look I mean I get it, I really do but the people wanting us to win 2 meaningless games will be first complaining about a one pace dogs**t clearance midfield in a couple of years time.

It's not like North ego victory giving up Harley Reid when you get given a glut of top 5 picks. With the clubs plan / view and Tassie this will be the closest we get to a top 5 talent in a VERY long time.

The effect and memory of the talent at that pick ( pending selection ) will be there looooooong after the memory of 2 meaningless wins will be.

N.B This does not mean I hope we get flogged and capitulate. Like someone above mentioned a moral victory will do me just fine.

Look I mean I get it, I really do but the people wanting us to win 2 meaningless games will be first complaining about a one pace dogs**t clearance midfield in a couple of years time.

It's not like North ego victory giving up Harley Reid when you get given a glut of top 5 picks. With the clubs plan / view and Tassie this will be the closest we get to a top 5 talent in a VERY long time.

The effect and memory of the talent at that pick ( pending selection ) will be there looooooong after the memory of 2 meaningless wins will be.

N.B This does not mean I hope we get flogged and capitulate. Like someone above mentioned a moral victory will do me just fine.
Plenty of occasions where the higher draft pick has turned out better than a low pick. I get where you are coming from but I still believe the culture of wanting to win is better than wanting to lose tank or whatever it is called. Picks 4-12 are a complete raffle imo.

No sorry just heard a player is a late test and was unlikely to get up before - still not confirmed though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wasn’t Battle apparently wearing the no contact cap at training?
Think I read that in someone’s training report.

Wasn’t Battle apparently wearing the no contact cap at training?
Think I read that in someone’s training report.
He did but completed the entire session fine and didn't have to sit out of anything.

Owens also had it on and went in earlier that expected. But not the best positional swap for McLennan being the in.

Which top five talent will change the pace of our midfield that isn't available in top 10 talent?

He did but completed the entire session fine and didn't have to sit out of anything.

Owens also had it on and went in earlier that expected. But not the best positional swap for McLennan being the in.
unless someone has come down sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back