Game Day AFL 2024 Season, Round 21: St Kilda Saints v Brisbane Lions, Sunday 4th August 4:40pm Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is this what the people who hoped we wouldn’t win were advocating for?
No.
Nobody wanted a thrashing.
A close-ish loss would’ve been ok.
This is heading to be our worst loss of the season.

Reckon he’s one of about three players who is actually trying. Midfield and forwards getting pants pulled down.
Defense is fighting a losing battle, pardon the pun, for sure when your midfield is totally obliterated. -26 contested ball is absurd. Meaningless game I guess.

Just to say as well, the AFL is an absolute joke having people like Jonathon Brown commentating Brisbane games. Like why would you want purposeful bias, he couldn’t get them out of his mouth if he had a crowbar.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No.
Nobody wanted a thrashing.
A close-ish loss would’ve been ok.
This is heading to be our worst loss of the season.
Caught between a rock and a hard place. Can’t see us getting out of this funk for at least 6 seasons of development.
Current senior players in the team are no where near it. Kids at best are maybe.
So if we keep Battle then the development should be seen as needing to happen over a duration of about 5 drafts.

Caught between a rock and a hard place. Can’t see us getting out of this funk for at least 6 seasons of development.
Current senior players in the team are no where near it. Kids at best are maybe.
So if we keep Battle then the development should be seen as needing to happen over a duration of about 5 drafts.
That’s why we need good mids.
Si as irritated as I am about the way we are playing, we’re playing a vastly superior midfield.
Finish low. Nail the picks. There is no other option.

The difference is that they have one of the best midfields in the comp. We have one of the worst. Everything else stems from that.

Our back six are getting absolutely smashed and it doesn’t help when we don’t use the ball under pressure.

It’s not throw the baby out with the bath water type stuff, but we can’t think about flags until we invest heavily in our midfield. We know that, the club knows that.

This game is going to be a brutal watch, but we can’t let this get out of hand in the second half.

Also, please understand we are likely playing the team that will win the flag.
Great post
At game and this is ok
We are miles off it and it’s showing
Anyone pretending we don’t need to be aggressive at draft or go hard for mids (and not 1 top at a time) is delusional
I’ve seen some say “oh with Pou coming on we’ll be ok…plus Windhager….maybe Owens..) it’s nonsense
We need absolute A grade mid class - a high pick doesn’t guarantee that but it does guarantee you get a go in front of others..,,use it …choose well
IF you are throwing 900+ around you don’t do it in Battle …you might on an LDU
Time to get real - the club absolutely knows where it’s at… I’m sure Lyon does …
Time to be ruthless at the draft/trade table IF you want to seriously compete at pointy end

I 100% agree but I actually don't see it happening in 6 season. Look at Hawthorn, they are developing some elite players and their time actually looks half decent. We don't look like there is any end in sight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting smashed in clearances and contested possession.

Pretty difficult to win games against good skilled teams when your only real hope is they turn it over.

Getting a full audit!

We aren't winning this game but I wasn't expecting to, hopefully we can show something in the 2nd half and not get blown away.

Watching Phillipou emerging as an elite mid is at least one positive, I just blew my last Supercoach trade to get him into my team.

This group doesn't appear to respect Lyon at all. This is one of the worst efforts I have seen from the club.

Barely trying. Work rate is comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back