Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ginni might still go to Sydney. Watching his mate play in a prelim. Perhaps what he meant all along? :) "See you in two weeks" might have been the same as the famous "Kennett must die" court case. It was perhaps an inevitability, irrespective of the result. Storm in tea-cup. Hope he sends Ken a self of himself on the plane on the way up.
Here comes the aeroplane
Plane Airplane GIF

So next time they meet SM will use kens spray to fire the Hawks players up....just as Ken probably used ginniven's stupid post to gee the port blokes up.
It's happens all the time in sport ..WGAF.
I can see it now, Sam uses Kens spray for a 41pt 3qtr time lead, Ken uses sams disapproval for a fulltime 42pt comeback.

I agree with Hodgy. having a crack at a losing player is classless. I don't mind a bit of spice from the players but the coach should be better than that.
Why should the coach be “better than that”?

They are all adults in a combative sport. All year Hawthorn have used a vibe of confidence on and off the field, tonight they got beaten and got some back…deal with it.

This world is so full of loser snowflakes. If you can’t cop it then concentrate on running both ways, tackling, kicking straight and STFU.

I think what Kenny did may get frowned on by the virtue signalling AFL media, but his players would have absolutely loved it.

This will only galvanise them and make them want to win even more for him.

Jack Ginnivan cost Hawthorn a second round draft pick and a premiership!
Not really. The trade was in the end effectively a 3rd round pick for a 4th round pick
Hawthorn receives: Jack Ginnivan, a second-round pick (currently No.39), a future second-round pick (tied to Coll) and a future fourth-round pick (tied to Coll)

Collingwood receives: a second-round pick (currently No.33), a future second-round pick (tied to Haw) and a future third-round pick (tied to Haw)
Plus we weren't beating Sydney next week anyway

Hinkley reaction was of relieve after reporters asking him about his coaching future next year and he reacted at those question which seem to suggest there is a trigger clause that he can be sacked with probably less money pay out if he doesn't make the Preliminary Finals so Ginnivan's Insta comment added fuel to these reporters questioning his coaching future.

Why should the coach be “better than that”?

They are all adults in a combative sport. All year Hawthorn have used a vibe of confidence on and off the field, tonight they got beaten and got some back…deal with it.

This world is so full of loser snowflakes. If you can’t cop it then concentrate on running both ways, tackling, kicking straight and STFU.

I think what Kenny did may get frowned on by the virtue signalling AFL media, but his players would have absolutely loved it.

This will only galvanise them and make them want to win even more for him.
I for one, applaud him. He’s gained respect from someone that lost it. Keep up the fighting, shit stiring attitude. Back it up next week with the same effort. I don’t expect a win. But don’t capitulate. All I ask. Put in a ****ing contest.

Newcombe BOG another great game.
Had Burgoyne, Sweet and Drew as the best 3. Newcombe was good but 7 kicks 24 handballs wasn't the most balanced game especially with the pressure Port brought

I for one, applaud him. He’s gained respect from someone that lost it. Keep up the fighting, shit stiring attitude. Back it up next week with the same effort. I don’t expect a win. But don’t capitulate. All I ask. Put in a ****ing contest.

The thing about this season is that anything can happen.

I am sure both prelims will be 50/50 games.

We could easily have rematches of the 2004, 2007 or 2022 Grand Final this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well. An amazing season. 0-5 to a semi with a young group. I'd say Hawks fans are fairly pleased selfie or not.
Yeah true. Savour that finals win.

I savour freos 2022 Elim final win vs the dogs. That was our 1st finals win since 2015.

When you went through a tough 6 year rebuild from 2016-21 like I did, you wonder when that next finals won was coming.

Hawks won a final last week. Their 1st final win since 2015. That was a 9 year gap. How many guys are left from that 2013-5 finals wins? Only breust and Gunston

I don't mind if Hinkley wants to chirp back but can he not do it when a guy is about to be chaired off the ground for his 300th.
That is where Ken's apology should really have gone to

His own team mates couldnt stand him, shit bloke
Even the fans when they meet him out. Mitchell was hitting on my hawks supporting mates Mrs. If it wasn’t a hawk player he would’ve had a proper go rather than just words.
This was a long time ago now.
Mate is still a Hawk fan but was peeved at Mitchell becoming coach.

Looking forward to Sydney taking Port apart next week. I'll be looking forward to what Ken will be saying then.
I guess that's all you have to look forward to footy wise, after your team s**t the bed at home in final round.
Carlton gave you a chance and your team wasn't up to it.
I feel disappointed we haven't won a gf in 20 years and then I remember.... oh yeah, Fremantle 🤣

Great win Port, they deserved it, it would have been a highway robbery if the Hawks pinched it with all their umpiring gift goals.

Looks like Kenny was giving a bit of lip back to the Hawks players which is fair enough after all the lip they gave before the game.

What lip did we give before the game? What one player saying to an ex magpie mate "see you in 14 days"... fmd. Mitchell was pretty respectful to Ken and even Butters when asked if we would target him all week.

You really think kem just said "haha, 14 days?"

1. The level 1 coaching course specifically states coaches are not to engage with any opposition player other than to say "good game," that's level 1. Hinckley would be at a minimum level 2. He needs to do better.

2. Swearing and mouthing off after you've won isn't just arrogance, it's just poor sportsmanship.

It’s not fair mummy, Mr hinkley told be off after I was an idiot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back