Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ginni might still go to Sydney. Watching his mate play in a prelim. Perhaps what he meant all along? :) "See you in two weeks" might have been the same as the famous "Kennett must die" court case. It was perhaps an inevitability, irrespective of the result. Storm in tea-cup. Hope he sends Ken a selfie of himself on the plane on the way up.

classic, that would really show Ken!

So many classes people in this thread.

I guess being Hawthorn's bunnies for 4 decades has really jaded you.

As for Port and Kenny...

If you thought 14 days was ammunition, Hawks will pummel Port by 14 goals in each game after disrespecting Breust while he's chaired off, absolutely classless club. That's an extra 8 points will have next season, thank very much.
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story mate.
Hinkley was standing nearly at chf when he had a crack a Ginivan.
Sic reacted to Hinkley as they were walking to the boundary to line up to applaude bruest off, Hinkley from the moment they got to the boundary, just kept saying " good game" over and over.
(I'm sure in a smug a condescending way I know)
I'm all for Sic sticking up for Gunnivan by the eau, shows great leadership, but let's not add a narrative that's not there because your feelings are hurt.
I would prefer that Hinkley didn't do it but it's done, he can cop it on the chin, but not disrespectful to to Bruest at all imo.
Bruest a champion imo and I hope that's not how he felt.

Made alot of mistakes early Burgoyne I thought. Willie would get my votes from Port.

Thought Drew was outstanding for Port almost gave him BOG for me

I don't mind if Hinkley wants to chirp back but can he not do it when a guy is about to be chaired off the ground for his 300th.
There is literally no other time to chirp. if he wanted to trash talk Ginnivan, waiting until after the chair-off would be dumb because he wouldn't even get the opportunity afterwards. so when do you suggest he do it?

Hodge you fool, having a whinge you sore loser. Sicily has had one coming for sometime
Your comment is foolish. You think Hodge cares so much about a bunch of guys he didnt even play with, 7 years ago. Hell he played for Brisbane at the end of his career and you think his opinions in the media are going to be shaped by some old school loyalty despite him not even playing with 90% of the players? I'm pretty sure Hodge was critical of Ginnivan's comments on instagram. Where was his hawks loyalty then?

Hinkley looked like a twat. It was entertaining but it was such a soft target after scraping over the line in a tight win. It would've been much better before the game. But after the game when you're in a luxurious, no lose position, it's classless to pot the opposition.

Wondering if Sicily has stopped crying yet; what a sensitive princess is Sicily.

How embarrassing is the take on this by Jordan Lewis, Luke Hodge etc., cry me a river
why are you so triggered by their opinions? Hell it's an emotional game and Sicily wasn't even crying. And who cares if he was? Hell you may want to look in your own backyard before acting tough about other teams.

neale1.jpeg

The red mist had well and truly worn off by the time Hinkley was in the press conference, seemed like he was pretty contrite.
He did overstep the mark.
Sicily fine, sticking up for a player as captain, reckon that’s what you want to see.
Ginnivan a bit of a goose but there wasn’t that much in it, to be honest.
Just probably better left for a group chat, but he’s just not wired that way.
Distracts from a good game of footy and an excellent season and effort last night by the Hawks.

It’s an emotional game. These people are human. They keep it together all the time and follow a script. Ginnivan is a grown man and needs to accept his comments have spurred on the opposition and come to a head after the game. No issues with it at all and I think internally Hawthorn will have words with Ginnivan to address his behaviour. Sicily did the right thing, but Ginnivan made his bed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it’s concerning that a senior coach was riled up by a social media post that wasn’t actually targeted at Port but actually at Grundy …with the game truly well over and players shaking their hands after a good win Kenny thought it was appropriate to start mouthing off while everyone is celebrating Bruest’s achievement.

Really does show the pressure Kenny was under and he has prior form acting like a flog after a win, no doubt Hawks will address Ginni behaviour internally which should had been addressed a long time ago anyway…but for a senior coach to think that was an appropriate time to mouth off is bizzare and then act like a smug prick when Sicily calling it out as not the appropriate time is telling.

You win, you shake hands and any issues are over or you address it privately…not when you just won a final and are chairing off a champion in his 300th game and being a prick to a aggravated captain

One is a light hearted joke pre-match with a friend.

The other is an opposition coach going completely unhinged pretending to be an aeroplane and getting verbal post-game.
Not really.

A light hearted joke is a text message not a social media post for the world to see. Ginnivan is either very dim or knew what he was doing.

It wasn’t unhinged. It’s an emotional game. It was a huge response after a 14 goal loss at home.

Best to not defend your player after he gave plenty of ammo for the opponent pre game. These people are human, emotions boil over. JG needs to own it and his club needs to not treat him like a baby.

Don’t think anyone was out of line bar Ginnivan.
We will agree to disagree. A coach in this day and age doing what Hinkley did is way out of line. That can't be what coaches no matter what team should be doing in a professional sporting organisation. He has apologised, which was needed and hopefully Mitch takes Ginni to ask over his lack of professionalism.

We will agree to disagree. A coach in this day and age doing what Hinkley did is way out of line. That can't be what coaches no matter what team should be doing in a professional sporting organisation. He has apologised, which was needed and hopefully Mitch takes Ginni to ask over his lack of professionalism.
Sorry, it’s about taking responsibility for your behaviour. JG seems like a big man child to be honest, and mouthing off like that definitely highlights it. Ken apologised immediately, JG didn’t delete the post.

Big difference.

lol it is hilarious seeing people from outside Vic think that we give a shit if there is another Melbourne team in the finals. What is it like carrying a massive inferiority chip on your shoulders all your lives. WoW...
You give a shit alright . . . your elected government paid a gazzilion dollars to lock the GF to Victoria until all current people living in the world are dead. . . .and they did it because you give a shit.

Oh please your mob have been disrespecting opposition all year with the celebrations and then tweets. You got a bit back and suddenly can’t handle it.

Might be too late.

You give Ginnivan an inch and he takes a mile.

I think a lot of people have been suffering Hawthorn through gritted teeth and that most people will quite enjoy Hinkley’s antics after the game.

It was such a beautiful old fart way to troll a bunch of cocky Gen Z’s or whatever they are.

Normal people don’t want footballers wearing wizards hats and taking selfies with crowds. Normal people don’t like Hawthorn’s players. Ken has called it out. Good on him.
Even a geelong supporter couldnt say it better then this post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back