Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have an open player RIGHT THERE!!! GET UP YOU KENT!!! * IT I'LL TRY AND FIRE OFF A QUICK KICK AS SOON AS THIS GERIATRIC GETS UP .... SMOTHERED? OH * OFF!!!

Sigh
Can't forget once it's smothered, opposition would pick up the ball, you'd press tackle, and your player would just full "clothesline from hell" the opponent and give away a free

200.gif

Could be that the game is simulating reserves playing games in the backend, we just don't see anything about it in the UI (hopefully that is true and eventually we do get visibility). I've noticed I'm getting injuries for my reserves every 2-3 weeks. Still missing Josh Weddle indefinitely on an ACL he did after the grand final too
thats a good point too, much better than my theory.

Iā€™ve been getting away with player switch but also acknowledge it isnā€™t great, so I put in a feature request a week or so ago in regards to player switching to ba.

Could work in the following way:

If you Hold down L1, anyone letā€™s say within a 20 metre radius (determined by distance to ball or ball carrier) will be assigned a button (circle, triangle, square for example) and the player presses the button which correspond to the play they want to switch to. I feel this gives more accuracy.

Additionally, if you want to switch to a player not within that 20 metre radius, L1 hold plus right stick to select a different part of the field with multiple options of players to switch to.

I reckon that would be a more precise way of player switching. Especially with so many more players on the ground with such varied distances between them. Hard to be accurate with the current system.
My only gripe with that would be having to not only find the player I want to change to, but then check which button to press too. Works in NBA as there are only 5 players on the court and the player position corresponds with the correct button to press, meaning you don't even have to look for which button to press.

L1+flick RS

Anyone else notice that if a midfielder has a big first half, they barely spend any time in the middle in the second half ?
Merrett had 16 touches at half time and ended up with 17
Yesterday, De Goey had 13 at half time and ended up on 13

I get player fatigue should be a thing but this is too far the other way

Daily patches are not sustainable for the long term, as foreshadowed over the past couple of weeks, we will be moving to weekly patches, and it may not be exactly a week, maybe a few days less/more depending on testing.

I think itā€™s understandable at this stage that more resources are being put into the cricket game. Got to get that out the door.

Daily patches are not sustainable for the long term, as foreshadowed over the past couple of weeks, we will be moving to weekly patches, and it may not be exactly a week, maybe a few days less/more depending on testing.
Absolutely cool with me as long as the patches weekly arenā€™t a step backwards and weā€™ve got it for a week

I think itā€™s understandable at this stage that more resources are being put into the cricket game. Got to get that out the door.
Iā€™d love to know the situation right now.

Cricket 24 still reportedly coming this month but weā€™ve heard absolutely nothing apart from rumours of a delay but given it would cater to a much larger market, itā€™s understandable theyā€™d shift their focus to that.

Having said that, this game still needs huge amounts of work and content before itā€™s at an acceptable level so Iā€™d hate to see the support cut right back in favour of cricket but obviously the cricket crowd would disagree.

BA are definitely under the pump but developing so many games in such a small space of time is something they should have considered when committing to them.

Going to be a very interesting few weeks with Cricket 24, AFL on Xbox news, continued support for AFL and Pro Teams.

Iā€™d love to know the situation right now.

Cricket 24 still reportedly coming this month but weā€™ve heard absolutely nothing apart from rumours of a delay but given it would cater to a much larger market, itā€™s understandable theyā€™d shift their focus to that.

Having said that, this game still needs huge amounts of work and content before itā€™s at an acceptable level so Iā€™d hate to see the support cut right back in favour of cricket but obviously the cricket crowd would disagree.

BA are definitely under the pump but developing so many games in such a small space of time is something they should have considered when committing to them.

Going to be a very interesting few weeks with Cricket 24, AFL on Xbox news, continued support for AFL and Pro Teams.
Iā€™m part of that cricket crowd but personally would rather have it in time for the start of our home summer.
I follow The Ashes but itā€™s on at stupid oā€™clock, how many kids who will want the game will be interested in cricket during footy season when they arenā€™t watching it?
Would be more than happy to have footy remain the focus until around grand final time and then switch towards cricket in time for summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is crucial to the way I want to play is to try and play quick and fluid, handball chains, short kicks and playing on. I cannot do that at all in the game at the moment, hence Iā€™d rather play Evo 2 that AFL 23 in its current state.

Thatā€™s just me.
Doesn't Evolution 2 have pack marks, too? But I don't think 23 does. I wonder if the markers up mode mentioned in the 23 trailer was 1v1 or it was pack marks.

Will never get over the diving goalkeeper style mark they'd take when you're chipping it around or trying to move it to the other end quickly

Evo 1 and 2 are still great. If afl 23 clears up the bugs and glitches (which may take longer as focus moves to cricket and less frequent patching), it will be better. But until then.... it's still not close in my eyes.

And yes I'm aware for my whinging I still play 23 a lot lol. I still think it has potential, but the simple bugs/quirks are as annoying to me as my score update posts are to others here :p

Hearing a lot of people say we need to slow the game down, is this a consensus on here?

Please donā€™t turn the game speed down people complaining so much still it got to start to becoming a personal skill issue. If it turns down itā€™ll be slow and sluggish.

Itā€™s great to break out of the centre with a couple of quick handballs and a kick hitting the forwards on the chest, or rebounding down the wing on a switch. It should be turned down or offered to be turned down by a slider as everyone is going to have various speeds that they would like the game to play.

As others have said if control responsiveness is fixed itā€™ll play a lot easier.

Please donā€™t turn the game speed down people complaining so much still it got to start to becoming a personal skill issue. If it turns down itā€™ll be slow and sluggish.

Itā€™s great to break out of the centre with a couple of quick handballs and a kick hitting the forwards on the chest, or rebounding down the wing on a switch. It should be turned down or offered to be turned down by a slider as everyone is going to have various speeds that they would like the game to play.

As others have said if control responsiveness is fixed itā€™ll play a lot easier.

The issue with that (at least on pc) it usually plays like its going at 2-300 fps, even with the setting on 30-60fps it's still a little too fast.
Evolution was perfect as they had the slow, normal, fast speed settings which allowed us to choose the pace of the game we liked best. Evo 2 was crap - the sliders for player speed was the only way to slow the game down.

I guess (back tracking from being a grouchy person right now lol) it's not the end of the world, but it's just a little annoyance. The game is still playable at a fast speed when attacking, not so much when trying to stop the AI's run (which I'm able to do in the defensive half, just wish I could block them at the midfield/wing areas more often. But that in itself has it's own issues when you can't get close enough to the player with the ball as there are invisible walls blocking you from doing so).

If we want the game to be more realistic it needs to be slowed down. Itā€™s still a game, so rather than slowing it down 25% maybe just 10-15%

The slower the game is, once responsiveness and player switching is fixed the better the game will feel

Some of us want to play like Ross Lyon or John Longmire but with the current game itā€™s not possible

The issue with that (at least on pc) it usually plays like its going at 2-300 fps, even with the setting on 30-60fps it's still a little too fast.
Evolution was perfect as they had the slow, normal, fast speed settings which allowed us to choose the pace of the game we liked best. Evo 2 was crap - the sliders for player speed was the only way to slow the game down.

I guess (back tracking from being a grouchy person right now lol) it's not the end of the world, but it's just a little annoyance. The game is still playable at a fast speed when attacking, not so much when trying to stop the AI's run (which I'm able to do in the defensive half, just wish I could block them at the midfield/wing areas more often. But that in itself has it's own issues when you can't get close enough to the player with the ball as there are invisible walls blocking you from doing so).
The footy going through the goals sometimes move like a missile and there's little weight to the players. Slowing it down should bring more weight and gravity to the players.

If we want the game to be more realistic it needs to be slowed down. Itā€™s still a game, so rather than slowing it down 25% maybe just 10-15%

The slower the game is, once responsiveness and player switching is fixed the better the game will feel

Some of us want to play like Ross Lyon or John Longmire but with the current game itā€™s not possible
Maybe sliders would be the best option, but I wonder if that's possible.

I reckon before you muck about with game speed, fix responsiveness and see if speed is still an issue.

EDIT: And teleporting tackles, handballs etc. Fixing these fundamental issues might negate the need to fiddle with game speed

Hell, even acknowledging they're an issue would be nice. Seems to be so much focus on faffing about with goal kicking mechanics for example, at the expense of actual bugs.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back