Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™ve tried to be quiet about it, but when the bell is Pro Team coming out? Itā€™s legit the only reason I bought the game and to not even get any news about it is soooo frustrating man. Wth

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Online needs heaps of work still so Iā€™d guess weā€™re another month or 2 away from ProTeam
Maybe around finals time even ?

Another couple of games this arvo and itā€™s feeling more and more like a tackle fest.
Maybe a tactics thing or is it everyone?

Also I feel the responsiveness may have gone backwards and itā€™s becoming to a point where itā€™s almost controller throwingly frustrating.

And the AI just donā€™t miss targets and have the responsiveness that we donā€™t have.
I hit handball or kick 2 or 3 times and nothing happens and theyā€™re hitting targets 20m away before theyā€™ve hardly taken possession.

For the first time in a very long time, I almost want to put it down until the next patch.
Iā€™ve been a big supporter of BigAnt here and will continue to be but thereā€™s a few things in this patch that arenā€™t doing it for me.

I love the tactics and will keep trying to figure them out and Iā€™m also certain thereā€™s a fair element of user error in everything Iā€™ve mentioned (I donā€™t claim to be a world beater, and Iā€™m not here smashing teams by 100 points). I love a challenge but this is just frustrating.

Last edited:
Iā€™ve tried to be quiet about it, but when the bell is Pro Team coming out? Itā€™s legit the only reason I bought the game and to not even get any news about it is soooo frustrating man. Wth
A few things need to happen first:

• Xbox version needs to release (if itā€™s still coming).
  • All platforms need to be running the same version of the game.
  • Online needs a hell of a lot of work before they can (morally) release a mode containing micro-transactions.

Given all the above and now weekly patches I think itā€™s a while away yet.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I reckon we are looking at early to Mid July approx based on online gameplay being fixed up.

A few things need to happen first:

• Xbox version needs to release (if itā€™s still coming).
  • All platforms need to be running the same version of the game.
  • Online needs a hell of a lot of work before they can (morally) release a mode containing micro-transactions.

Given all the above and now weekly patches I think itā€™s a while away yet.
Agree with this.

If they were to release Proteam prior to the online being playable and prior to Xbox releasing it would be immoral.

Would be interesting to know had the game been released the way it was meant to be if there would've been an Xbox release by now and Proteam?

BigAntStudios was Proteam ready to go prior to the game being released? Have BA continued to work on Proteam e.g. scans etc. or was this halted until the game is actually where it should be?

I did notice last night I had Jack Riewoldt not in the team 1 game, went to pick him the next game and he was injured.

could be training based injuries maybe?

Yeah thatā€™s what happened with me, Iā€™m not sure itā€™s weird. I had Charlie Cameron not in my sub or starting team, realised I accidentally had taken him out, finished the game went to put him back and he was injured for 4 weeksā€¦

Thereā€™s no training option though so it doesnā€™t make any sense. How exactly do players improve their rating? How do the Rookie players or whoever has the potential ratings eg: they are on 84 with an expected rating of 87-91

Can they only improve if they are in your starting line up? Are the players getting injured in a training mode setup that hasnā€™t yet been included in management mode. It still doesnā€™t make sense though cause their season average stats are also increasing but they havenā€™t played any games yet.

BigAntStudios was Proteam ready to go prior to the game being released? Have BA continued to work on Proteam e.g. scans etc. or was this halted until the game is actually where it should be?
As mentioned prior to launch, Pro Team would be after release.

The issue with that (at least on pc) it usually plays like its going at 2-300 fps, even with the setting on 30-60fps it's still a little too fast.
Evolution was perfect as they had the slow, normal, fast speed settings which allowed us to choose the pace of the game we liked best.

Iā€™ve never played on pc so Iā€™m not familiar with how it plays, but yeah that make sense.

I feel the best way for BA to slow it down is to give people those 3 options: slow, normal and fast. There is too much variety in peopleā€™s preferencesā€¦ If they put in one speed only there will be more angry people then satisfied. Also if they are only dropping patches weekly now for console weā€™re stuck with it for a week before they will be able to fix it.

Surely there is also an option of just putting in a slider and people can play exactly the speed they want. Iā€™m not a developer so I donā€™t know how hard or easy that is to make happen, perhaps BA can help by giving us some insight?

Online needs heaps of work still so Iā€™d guess weā€™re another month or 2 away from ProTeam
Maybe around finals time even ?

Surely they could drop pro team as an offline only for now until they sort out online. Ross did mention you can unlock stuff without paying micro transactions so I donā€™t see why they couldnā€™t add in online once itā€™s more stable.

Unless itā€™s a fairness thing with people on ps4 & 5 will be miles ahead before Xbox can play.

Another couple of games this arvo and itā€™s feeling more and more like a tackle fest.
Maybe a tactics thing or is it everyone?

Also I feel the responsiveness may have gone backwards and itā€™s becoming to a point where itā€™s almost controller throwingly frustrating.

And the AI just donā€™t miss targets and have the responsiveness that we donā€™t have.
I hit handball or kick 2 or 3 times and nothing happens and theyā€™re hitting targets 20m away before theyā€™ve hardly taken possession.

For the first time in a very long time, I almost want to put it down until the next patch.
Iā€™ve been a big supporter of BigAnt here and will continue to be but thereā€™s a few things in this patch that arenā€™t doing it for me.

I love the tactics and will keep trying to figure them out and Iā€™m also certain thereā€™s a fair element of user error in everything Iā€™ve mentioned (I donā€™t claim to be a world beater, and Iā€™m not here smashing teams by 100 points). I love a challenge but this is just frustrating.
Feel like itā€™s a tackle fest in patches which could easily be rectified with responsiveness to handballing
Should be able to chain together 3-4 handballs in a contest to get the ball clear of congestion

But yeah, responsiveness needs a lot of work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely they could drop pro team as an offline only for now until they sort out online. Ross did mention you can unlock stuff without paying micro transactions so I donā€™t see why they couldnā€™t add in online once itā€™s more stable.

Unless itā€™s a fairness thing with people on ps4 & 5 will be miles ahead before Xbox can play.
Yeah almost certainly connected to the whole Xbox debacle in some form I reckon

Feel like itā€™s a tackle fest in patches which could easily be rectified with responsiveness to handballing
Should be able to chain together 3-4 handballs in a contest to get the ball clear of congestion

But yeah, responsiveness needs a lot of work
I think a lot of my issues go hand in hand.
A fix in responsiveness will allow me to avoid more tackles and run more, therefore alleviating congestion.
Again not solely blaming the game, definitely user error and tactics that are probably involved too.

Just the superhuman AI left!

Despite my whinge earlier I still do think itā€™s a great patch.
Just a few things that are bugging me more than usual.
Overall more positives than negatives

I know some games can be frustrating and bugged etc but surely there is a point where for your own sanity you turn it off and go do something else , watch something or if you really want to game play something else.

Personal preference I guess but I have always kept my gaming to a style like one or two games of say NBA then flick over and have a race or two on F1 then another night might have a go at some WWE or MLB etc. Can't get frustrated when you don't play for long enough is my theory :p

I
I sad reacted but if it means it's bug-free and I won't feel pressured to beta test, then I won't mind waiting until it's done
I took the comment as literally meaning itā€™s not coming to Xbox šŸ˜

Guess weā€™ll find out by tomorrow unless that was 7 business days meaning it could be Tuesday before anything is known.

Side note - had a game last night where the AI was brutal, lost by 15 goals or something. First time I had seen the AI not begin to miss shots or play less effectively when well on top. This just after I had won a couple on the trot. I think I'm impressed more than anything but it was a really weird experience. Almost my entire score came in the last quarter.

I know some games can be frustrating and bugged etc but surely there is a point where for your own sanity you turn it off and go do something else , watch something or if you really want to game play something else.

Personal preference I guess but I have always kept my gaming to a style like one or two games of say NBA then flick over and have a race or two on F1 then another night might have a go at some WWE or MLB etc. Can't get frustrated when you don't play for long enough is my theory :p

I rotate between games (currently rocket league, MK 11, SF 6 etc oh and AFL Evolution1 and 2 to get my bug free fix!).

I have a few more goals to hit in 23 before I stop playing entirely (or semi retire and just test new patches)

Yeah for me the responsiveness is almost as bad as it was at launch, I'm struggling to get through quarters without wanting to break my controller because players simply do not do what you want them to do.

I cannot wait for the next patch

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back