Preview AFL 2nd Qualifying Final - Geelong v Fremantle, Simonds Stadium, 2:20PM Saturday 7 September

Predict the margin at full time:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if he kicks 4 goals like he has a couple of times in the last few weeks... it's one area that Joel has really improved this year is kicking goals and getting dangerous forward

I'm not sure how Selwood's been kicking his goals, whether he's been drifting forward, kicking them from stoppages, on the run, or has been stationed down there as a target?

If he's been kicking them as a forward target, then that's a surprise (and would be a bit of a worry). But if he's mostly been kicking them from the midfield, and from the occasional rest forward then having him parked permanently in the forward line still sounds like a win to me.

I reckon he does a lot more damage in the midfield and delivering/running into the forward line, than if he were stationed forward. Or has he been kicking them as a forward target? Genuinely have no idea... I know he's been kicking a heap of goals lately, but no idea how he's been picking them up.

He scores from both on the run and being a sneaky bugger and finding space to take a mark 30/40 out.

SJ better play a blinder this weekend. Missed the last 2 Freo games and his suspension against them last year really hurt us as well, so he owes us.

I just hope he doesn't get sucked in by a certain purple maggot

They'll struggle to sell 4k I would think. Freo fans know the team will be back in Perth in the semis or pre-lims. I don't think there'll be many making the long trip over.

Looks like the 4k are already sold out so this is way off. AFL looking a bit silly with it all selling out so fast.

Edit: This is going by the fact that it seems guys on our board can no longer get tickets.

We've had 2 ruckman split the load in every game.
Nope.

Vardy was injured at the start of the year, and for the majority of the first half of the season Blitz was being trialled all around the ground (mainly on the wing/back half). West has had to ruck alone on several occasions.

I don't really like discussing rucking, it's probably the most boring position to talk about, so I'm done. For now :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope.

Vardy was injured at the start of the year, and for the majority of the first half of the season Blitz was being trialled all around the ground (mainly on the wing/back half). West has had to ruck alone on several occasions.

I don't really like discussing rucking, it's probably the most boring position to talk about, so I'm done. For now :)
You might not want to talk about it but that's just plain incorrect. Blitz has been trialed in other positions for sure, but he was picked and played primarily as the number 2 ruckman.
Early on especially he wouldn't warrant a position in the side in those positions based solely on how he performed there.. his rucking and in particular his ability to still be running in the 4th quarter kept him in the side

Nope.

Nope Blicavs was being used in the ruck.

Bloody short people - most influential position on the ground.

Edit - Ok midfield is important too

Edit - Yep rebounding defender

Edit - Forgot CHF

Edit - ahhhhh shut up

soldout.png

Hi Mate, sorry to intrude but I had the same problem and spoke to someone at Ticketmaster. They said this game has caused them some issues and we may have to wait until as long as friday to receive our printout !!
I only just got mine a few minutes ago ... but I've got them - woohoo! Oh and good luck - but not too much good luck!

So, did I get this right?
4000 set aside for Freo members, 2000 of them taken up, the other 2000 slipped back in to general sales?

I've only heard that third hand so far but if it's true it shows just how badly done by the moaning Fremantle supporters actually are! Or maybe they couldn't catch a train ... I'm sure we'll still here them whining!

So, did I get this right?
4000 set aside for Freo members, 2000 of them taken up, the other 2000 slipped back in to general sales?

Might be scheduled to play them at Colac next time. $10 entry & a complimentary program.

Give 'em a months notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back