Preview AFL 2nd Qualifying Final - Geelong v Fremantle, Simonds Stadium, 2:20PM Saturday 7 September

Predict the margin at full time:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you guys were in for a good earn from the game..

Normally we make close to a million. However, when it comes to finals games all the cash money paper goes to the AFL. In order to make anywhere near that money they need a full Etihad and close to full MCG. Its a money grabbing ploy by the AFL.

I know it's diabolical - I got booted out by the system twice buddy, and still got tickets. It took a lot of persistence like it always does on that site. But four hours? Did anyone try another approach? Unless you guys don't have internet over there (and I will guarantee you have better than me) or had broken computers I don't know what was going on for you. I know people who got tickets on the phone, at the counter and on the iPhone app so I can't see your reasons (one of those guys is a Freo supporter).

The 7am to 11am time frame would have been problematic for people getting to work. I'm not in that position and I have a decent internet connection, so I have no complaints, but I can see that many would have had far less than 4 hours.

Anyway, I've got my tickets. They are going to deserving Fremantle supporters. If I have any left at the end of the week you will probably know about it, because I promised to upload the video of me burning them to your board.

Is merely mentioning that enough to be infracted again? I guess I'll know soon enough.

And how is this the Geelong Football Club's fault?
Nobody said it was.
You guys still on dial up internet over in Freo?
As all Geelong supporters don't live in Geelong, so all Freo supporters don't live in Freo. I live in the country and my internet is fine because I pay for it to be that way. I don't know what Freo's is like.

Is merely mentioning that enough to be infracted again? I guess I'll know soon enough.
Well what would you expect the reaction to such an utterly ignorant and exceptionally provocative comment to be here? Good one hero. Now you can #### off thanks and if you want to go burning your money that's your own ludicrous business and none of ours. Now get lost you ####en clown.

Yeah same, and checking my Ticketmaster order history nothing appears.

Had same issue last weekend, their system went down, received an email that didn't have the tix attached. Just a link to my log in at the ticketmaster site. Had to call again to get the correct email sent out

If I have any left at the end of the week you will probably know about it, because I promised to upload the video of me burning them to your board.
Way to show the AFL man... they will be shattered that after you gave them your money you then stopped a handful of your own fans from going... tell me did you help make Freos count reach half of the allocation for your tickets or did you get them in the general public because despite all the the sooking you guys didn't even fill your allocation...

Given you mentioned you didn't have any issues with the 7-11 time I assume you are going to be burning tickets allocated to your own members.. Top work :thumbsu:

The 7am to 11am time frame would have been problematic for people getting to work. I'm not in that position and I have a decent internet connection, so I have no complaints, but I can see that many would have had far less than 4 hours.

Anyway, I've got my tickets. They are going to deserving Fremantle supporters. If I have any left at the end of the week you will probably know about it, because I promised to upload the video of me burning them to your board.

Oh well whatever gets you off. I actually offered my spare ticket to a Freo supporter but you go on and feel all hard done by now won't you.

Please do this!!!
I have standing room tix so let me know where the empty seats will be.

Well done to you guys on securing a home final and making some serious coin too. You'd be surprised but there's a fair few of us happy to meet you in Geelong. If we want to win a flag then we have to do the hard yards. Ive got a feeling that this is gonna be an absolute cracker!

I'm glad that the Cats get to play a final in Geelong. It does sh*t me that we and Port are the only teams in the 8 that would be considered as opposition, but them's the breaks.

Wanna hold the cup, gotta beat the best. And over the last decade that's been the Cats. And on their home turf... they'll be a very tough team to beat.

But I reckon it'll be a great game to watch if you know anything about football or give a sh*t about either team, and regardless of the result both teams will know they've been in a contest. Really looking forward to it.

Apologies for some of the excessively whingy sh*t from some Freo supporters! I think Cats supporters could probably understand some of the points, but the amount of whinge has probably been well above tolerable limits.

In any case, game on... and will be looking forward to it. Despite the snarly narkiness that has passed between a number of Freo and Cats supporters over the last several days, since the AFL announced the "possibility" of a game being played at Simonds, I still reckon it'll be a great game. Don't see it being a whitewash, and it'll be great battle.

Hopefully the camera will have good resolution

How are we suppose to know if he's not just printing fakes and making up the seat numbers? It has to be crystal clear so we can confirm it ourselves.
If this is to be taken seriously, surely the only way is to document every seat number and barcode and then everyone attending can account for the seats being filled or empty.
Otherwise it's just a colossal waste of money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are we suppose to know if he's not just printing fakes and making up the seat numbers? It has to be crystal clear so we can confirm it ourselves.
If this is to be taken seriously, surely the only way is to document every seat number and barcode and then everyone attending can account for the seats being filled or empty.
Otherwise it's just a colossal waste of money.
Fair point considering he could just burn copies of the tickets he gives away... that said if it makes him feel better than good luck to him.. i personally have more important things in my life like work, my son, having sex with women.. you know

I'm glad that the Cats get to play a final in Geelong. It does sh*t me that we and Port are the only teams in the 8 that would be considered as opposition, but them's the breaks.

Wanna hold the cup, gotta beat the best. And over the last decade that's been the Cats. And on their home turf... they'll be a very tough team to beat.

But I reckon it'll be a great game to watch if you know anything about football or give a sh*t about either team, and regardless of the result both teams will know they've been in a contest. Really looking forward to it.

Apologies for some of the excessively whingy sh*t from some Freo supporters! I think Cats supporters could probably understand some of the points, but the amount of whinge has probably been well above tolerable limits.

In any case, game on... and will be looking forward to it. Despite the snarly narkiness that has passed between a number of Freo and Cats supporters over the last several days, since the AFL announced the "possibility" of a game being played at Simonds, I still reckon it'll be a great game. Don't see it being a whitewash, and it'll be great battle.

Funnily enough that Freo supporter I offered the ticket had much the same attitude - he agrees that if you guys won two more games we'd play you there at YOUR home ground, so why not. And we offered as many tickets as usually get offered to finals opponents there. (He actually commented how it was generous really from 33,000.)

I suppose all clubs have some idiot supporters but the collective whining and blaming Geelong is a bit bloody monotonous. It seems to be an epidemic there at the moment.

(Oh and for the whiny guy with the time difference - I would have MUCH rather had the opportunity at 7am - I had a meeting at 9.00am Monday morning because I have a "job". But ... blame Copernicus - I think he was the idiot who first reckoned the world might be round.)

It's actually a good point you make.

When I grew up it was 9am because we slept outside the ground all night.

Why can't they just open it at say 6pm and let everyone go for it?
Sure, some would be on afternoon shifts etc. But those numbers would be a lot lower.

And mate, your point has been made.

Any chance you can discuss the game like strobe and others have?

It doesn't matter whether you "buy it". The reality is that's what happened. It's all recorded on our board, and that's only a small sample. Some people probably had faith the system would come back to them, instead of dumping and trying again, because they were quoting extraordinary waiting times. I was hearing that the app was processing ticket allocations far quicker than online or by phone. Ticketmaster is a debacle, plain and simple.

Guys, why are you so cynical of FyfesBoot? The interwebs broke and Freo could only by 2000 out of their 4000 tickets. Just lucky Geelong people had a different interwebs where they were able to buy 10,000...

You are weird.
user6133_pic34477_1326494238.jpg

:p

Funnily enough that Freo supporter I offered the ticket had much the same attitude - he agrees that if you guys won two more games we'd play you there at YOUR home ground, so why not. And we offered as many tickets as usually get offered to finals opponents there. (He actually commented how it was generous really from 33,000.)

I suppose all clubs have some idiot supporters but the collective whining and blaming Geelong is a bit bloody monotonous. It seems to be an epidemic there at the moment.

It's a shame really, because I've generally found the Geelong boards to be pretty tolerant and welcoming, and much less smug than the boards of other successful clubs that I've wandered onto.

Freo's supporters have been fairly forgiving and self deprecating in the past (except vs the Slime), but I think some folks get a bit wrapped up in the one eyed banter and carry it a bit far. And now that we're managing to get some wins and finals appearances under the belt, the humour and humility are being overwhelmed by an upswelling of obnoxiousness.

The sides have developed a bit of a history - with a bit of spite - over the last several years. The history is good, but the spite is a bummer. Because I think we're losing some of the opportunity for friendly/respectful rivalry.

But hopefully it'll be a cracker on Saturday, and that'll go a long way to boosting the competitive side of the rivalry and let people forget some of the point-scoring and my-hood-is-bettter-than-your-hood sh*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back