Preview AFL 2nd Semi Final - Geelong v Fremantle, MCG, Friday 10 September 7:45PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL 2nd Semi Final - Geelong v Fremantle/Hawthorn, TBA

Fantastic result for us, a lot more confident in beating the dockers next week. If the dogs win tonight this weekend wont be so bad after all.

I'm sure it was decided that v Fremantle we'd play Etihad due to crowd size.

thought i heard them say etihad last night.

btw top user name 'hulk hawkins' lmao

Well, Tim Sossage just said it's at the MCG so that's good enough for me.

Have a nice training drill next week vs Dockers:)

Like Pure Ownage my concern is Bomber will overlook pods.

We need to start sending letters and emails to Bomber to make our voice heard.

Surely he wouldn't be stupid enough to not pick Pods.

taylor hunt maybe :confused:

Be a good test for him. Wojo has the pace, not sure if he can do a tagging role though.

Freo have some good players, 211, Mundy, Pav, Moarbito, Hill and Fyfe. And McPharlin, who beat Franklin today, will be a good matchup for Pods, though Pods played well on him last time.

One piece of good news for us is that it appears Sandi has done some sort of PCL type injury. Though even if he can't jump he'll still be very dangerous.

I'm sure it was decided that v Fremantle we'd play Etihad due to crowd size.

Can anyone confirm where the game will be played, I'm so confused :confused:

I was sure that we'd be playing at Etihad if playing Freo, & at MCG if Hawks, but all afternoon on the TV coverage of Freo v Hawks the commentators seemed certain it was at the 'G next Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gfc.com.au says the MCG! Fair bit of confusion here...

We will be playing the Dockers at the MCG on a Friday night.

My changes are:

IN: Pods
OUT: Mark "Can't kick a footy over a jam tin" BLAKE

I cannot see us beating the Dockers, Collingwood or any other side with Blake in the side. Gee, Neil Balme and the football department could be regretting the decision of not playing Shane Mumford in last years' finals series.

Mark Blake's strength is his centre tap work. His main weaknesses are his around the ground work and his field kicking to position. And he does not kick 1 or 2 goals a game. He is a poor man's version of Damian Bourke and Simon Madden.

Cameron Mooney is another weakness. Gee, a Centre Half Forward needs to average 2 to 3 goals per game with 4 to 5 assists. He cannot kick straight at all. Ever since 2007, his goal kicking has gone backwards.

A Centre Half Forward of Mooney's stature must kick goals to make his teamates walk taller. HE does a lot of the contesting work in a similar fashion to Mark Maclure, but he has to kick goals.

We do not have a dominant key position forward (apart from JPOD) who can kick goals. Stevie J could play at Full Forward, but we need a focal point who can kick 3 to 4 goals a game to allow the small forwards and Stevie J to put the icing on the cake.

The Governor has declared that we will not make the Grand Final. We looked complacent and the players turned up to the game with the expectation of winning will be easy. The Saints were hungry and they made it happen. Come Friday night, the Dockers will be hungry!!

Harry Taylor is out of sorts. It is unfortunate we do not have an attacking key position player who can play Centre Half Forward and Centre Half Back. Tom Lonergan is more suited to GFL footy whilst Marcus Drum could become our ideal 3rd backman in 2011.

And, Ablett is going to GC17. Who cares!! Is not it about time to rebuild the list in 2011 to avoid the Brisbane Lions fall from 2005 to 2008?

I just find it unbelievable that the Geelong supporters want him to stay. The Geelong Addy published an edition of the Ablettiser. The Addy made the whole Ablett saga into a huge joke. Heh, the Geelong Football Club will survive if Ablett leaves. It is not the end of the world if we do not make the Grand Final and lose G.Ablett to GC17!!

THE GOVERNOR

Tosser Lane's daughter said on before the game that if Saints had lost theyd of played Freo at the dome due to small MCC members, but our larger base of MCC members warrants the game to be at the G

I just found this on the ABC website, the Dockers seem to think we're playing at the MCG.

Hill said taking on the Cats at the spiritual home of AFL next weekend will be a huge thrill.
"[Skipper Matthew Pavlich] was really proud and excited, and saying focus on next week and just get ready for the big challenge," he said.
"I've played there [at the MCG] only the two times so it'll be exciting to be there on the big stage."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/04/3002683.htm?section=justin

Governor, I disagree with every point you raise. Mooney was superb last night. Johnson is hopeless on the lead So full forward is not for him. Ablett is the best midfielder to ever play for Geelong, probably the best big game performer who has ever played for the club.

i agree! Ling kicked a goal and they didn't allow it! not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geelong vs Freo
Geelong!!!!

Re: Changes for next game (Hawthorn?)

hey, did you guys think we'll win? Fremantle bet us last time and if we lose we're out. Tell me Geelong's winning? And is Gary going to win brownlow. Please not Dane Swan.

Re: Changes for next game (Hawthorn?)

hey, did you guys think we'll win? Fremantle bet us last time and if we lose we're out. Tell me Geelong's winning? And is Gary going to win brownlow. Please not Dane Swan.

Like I said on the main board, Freo did beat us last time around, but:

- we were without Scarlett, Mooney, Ottens, Varcoe and Stokes
- we were playing at Subiaco
- we were coming off a six day break after a bruising encounter against Hawthorn on a warmish Easter Monday afternoon.

Even then, we were only over-run in the last 10 minutes when we ran out of legs.

It will be interesting to see how Fremantle go at the MCG, since they haven't played there since Round 20, 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back