AFL Cairns - 2010 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can all bitch and whinge from behind your computer screens as much as you want, but what people want to walk off the ground while pear shaped ********s from the sideline give them heaps whether they have umpired well or not, no kids want to join, every person who has played before knows what shit they cop.

If we don't have umpires, how can a game happen without favourtism from club umps. Stop bitching, its disgusting what you sooks type. Do something yourself it is that bad, have a go at umpiring some juniors or even the two's. In any league bad decisions are made, get used to it and play to the umpires rules. I'm bloody sure at training they don't say 'lets take control of this match, show them we are important'. With some of the thugs running around they might need to be harsh and rid them of the game, no better way to promote our great game to the kids and parents up here.

Either all you blokes sooking about the umps quit typing your crap, or your decide to assist and come out from behind the screen and grab a whistle. You all seem to know a shitload about footy.

You can all bitch and whinge from behind your computer screens as much as you want, but what people want to walk off the ground while pear shaped ********s from the sideline give them heaps whether they have umpired well or not, no kids want to join, every person who has played before knows what shit they cop.

If we don't have umpires, how can a game happen without favourtism from club umps. Stop bitching, its disgusting what you sooks type. Do something yourself it is that bad, have a go at umpiring some juniors or even the two's. In any league bad decisions are made, get used to it and play to the umpires rules. I'm bloody sure at training they don't say 'lets take control of this match, show them we are important'. With some of the thugs running around they might need to be harsh and rid them of the game, no better way to promote our great game to the kids and parents up here.

Either all you blokes sooking about the umps quit typing your crap, or your decide to assist and come out from behind the screen and grab a whistle. You all seem to know a shitload about footy.
Well said, here here.. never knock someone who is having a go, any wonder they are sruggling for umpires when they are publicly abused and ridiculed with every decision they make [ RIGHT OR WRONG] i think the league is doing a great job enticing young local people into learning about the game.. sure they make mistakes, but they are learning, if we dont embrace the young with praise on there efforts,then there is no doubt that they will walk away from umpiring. I dont think anybody has seen an umpire change his decision, those who cop the wrong decision on the chin always end up in front, thats the way life goes.. PUT UP OR SHUT UP and get on with the game

Well said, here here.. never knock someone who is having a go, any wonder they are sruggling for umpires when they are publicly abused and ridiculed with every decision they make [ RIGHT OR WRONG] i think the league is doing a great job enticing young local people into learning about the game.. sure they make mistakes, but they are learning, if we dont embrace the young with praise on there efforts,then there is no doubt that they will walk away from umpiring. I dont think anybody has seen an umpire change his decision, those who cop the wrong decision on the chin always end up in front, thats the way life goes.. PUT UP OR SHUT UP and get on with the game

Good call,
what amazes me is that players make allot more mistakes than umpires during a game. Remembering we are not playing for sheep station so if there is a wrong call given, get over it and move on. Give them a go i say:thumbsu:

What a bunch of bloody fairies you guys are! Every player in the comp says it, every coach says it, and when we try to get it out there and get some support to try and change it, we get a couple of clowns trying to say it aint that bad!!! YES they DO say at training, "let's really take control of the match and show them who's boss!" I have heard it more than once, in fact collo, its common practice coached by Ray! If you had ever spoken to Ray in depth you would have seen where he has gone wrong. So, collo, either support change for the better, or shut your trap while good people are trying to get things done by recruiting like minded people on a public forum. I stand by my statement as saying that this umpiring is the worst of any comp I have seen. The kids are actually the better ones but will be corrupted if CHANGE doesn't come soon.

The umpires arn't great. Everyone agrees on that. But from the games i have seen they could be a lot worse. There are so many little free kicks (hands in the back) that they let go. They are not out there blowing the whistle all day and most games are pretty free flowing. Maybe the CAFL are not giving the clubs that arn't going so well the good umpires. I don't know, but like i said before get out there and do a better job or let it go.

The umpires arn't great. Everyone agrees on that. But from the games i have seen they could be a lot worse. There are so many little free kicks (hands in the back) that they let go. They are not out there blowing the whistle all day and most games are pretty free flowing. Maybe the CAFL are not giving the clubs that arn't going so well the good umpires. I don't know, but like i said before get out there and do a better job or let it go.

So thats how you deal with it, either do it yourself or shut up? No opinion allowed or discussion wanted to help improve? Fair enough, if thats your way then good luck and enjoy a stagnate competition that will never grow, nor learn, nor evolve. Wake up to yourselves, this comp hasnt improved in 20 years and wont with dinosaur attitudes like that.

with you being a protected species on the field you don't care really

so I will have a say on whatever I want if you don't like it leave the forum

Tamba! :D

baby,crying,tantrum.jpg

expressing your opinion or giving a group of people a bake on how terrible they are is a different thing centreman. I could slag people all day on here like you are, or I could give my opinion. Baking the umpires for doing their job when they are short on numbers??? Not the right approach, spraying them as they come off the ground or saying they are hopeless, still not right, writing how bad they are on here isn't corret neither. You want them to improve, come up with ideas. I'm not here saying don't dispute their decision, just let us all know from your own thoughts how they could improve. Not just don't take over the game. I look forward to your thoughts.....

Tamba, I reckon when you are first to the ball which your team has been for the last few years then you don't recognise the umpires as much, and when you win games you have minimal complaints. I understand your stand against thugs behind the ball, goal umpires and boundary umps should be able to send people off, and they should be suspended for 4+ weeks each time (both costing them a GF win and time off).

We all know when things aren't going our way, they really aren't, everything seems to be against us.

What do you mean me being a protected species? Everyone can have their own opinion its you people that have the problem with the umps that are getting so sooky over the subject.

expressing your opinion or giving a group of people a bake on how terrible they are is a different thing centreman. I could slag people all day on here like you are, or I could give my opinion. Baking the umpires for doing their job when they are short on numbers??? Not the right approach, spraying them as they come off the ground or saying they are hopeless, still not right, writing how bad they are on here isn't corret neither. You want them to improve, come up with ideas. I'm not here saying don't dispute their decision, just let us all know from your own thoughts how they could improve. Not just don't take over the game. I look forward to your thoughts.....

Tamba, I reckon when you are first to the ball which your team has been for the last few years then you don't recognise the umpires as much, and when you win games you have minimal complaints. I understand your stand against thugs behind the ball, goal umpires and boundary umps should be able to send people off, and they should be suspended for 4+ weeks each time (both costing them a GF win and time off).

We all know when things aren't going our way, they really aren't, everything seems to be against us.

Spot on Collo, must say the last few years when Norths were on the bottom, they seemed to be picking on us. Now that we have improved, they don't seem so bad?? Of course still have their moments, but overall I haven't noticed them as much this year. Personally, I think that they all do their best, the fact is they are just very limited. Lets face it, if they were quality umpires, they wouldn't be umpiring up here.
On another note looking forward to the Tigers playing the Crocs at home tomorrow, big test for the boys and hopefully can improve on the debacle last time we played them. Would be pleasently surprised if we won, but would be good to give them a run for their money

If Norths come within 10 goals of Port you should sing the song! Sorry watsons but they're no chance.

Port by 94 over North
Hawks by 46 over City
Saints by 85 over South

And guys, it's everyone's right to comment on the umpires. It wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if they weren't so arrogant and power happy when faced with adversity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Norths come within 10 goals of Port you should sing the song! Sorry watsons but they're no chance.

Port by 94 over North
Hawks by 46 over City
Saints by 85 over South

And guys, it's everyone's right to comment on the umpires. It wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if they weren't so arrogant and power happy when faced with adversity.

Got done by 9 goals up the middle, but didn't sing the song. 10 goals to 2 first quarter didn't help, but rest of game was pretty even, don't think anyone has got closer to them this year?? though could be wrong. Pretty good effort with a couple of our keys outand we are still on the right track

Port by 94 over North
Hawks by 46 over City
Saints by 85 over South

will go on record

today the umpy's were good,

let the game flow, stayed in the background and the big one were consistent. it was frustrating to lose by the large amount, but not because of the umpires--- maybe they do read this forum :rolleyes:

Got done by 9 goals up the middle, but didn't sing the song. 10 goals to 2 first quarter didn't help, but rest of game was pretty even, don't think anyone has got closer to them this year?? though could be wrong. Pretty good effort with a couple of our keys outand we are still on the right track

sounds like a fair effort watsons? to go down by 9 after an 8 goal start. they a good side, gotta play 4 quarters against them. How did richter go?

will go on record

today the umpy's were good,

let the game flow, stayed in the background and the big one were consistent. it was frustrating to lose by the large amount, but not because of the umpires--- maybe they do read this forum :rolleyes:

I agree tamba. I thought the umpires were quite good in boths grades. The reserves game had to be played 16 a side due to Souths not having enough players, Saints obviously ran all over them in the end to win by a touch over 100pts. In the seniors the result was pretty similar with Souths only showing some fight in the 3rd and Saints probably running in 2nd gear for most of the day.

I agree tamba. I thought the umpires were quite good in boths grades. The reserves game had to be played 16 a side due to Souths not having enough players, Saints obviously ran all over them in the end to win by a touch over 100pts. In the seniors the result was pretty similar with Souths only showing some fight in the 3rd and Saints probably running in 2nd gear for most of the day.

Have to agree, umpires were fairly good at holloways too. You hardly noticed them which is the best compliment they can get in my view. It's fast becoming a case of 2 or 3 individuals that are the true culprits within the umpires club. Good game of footy too by the way. Cities threw everything at the hawks as they tried valiantly to turn their season around, but in the end just couldn't keep up going down 124 to 113.

Possibly in the seniors game they weren't so bad, but the ressies umpiring was a lot to be desired. There was a hell of a lot of inconsistency. The senior umpires when doing the junior games on sundays are just as bad when they're doing their normal Saturday fixtures.

sounds like a fair effort watsons? to go down by 9 after an 8 goal start. they a good side, gotta play 4 quarters against them. How did richter go?

Went really well again mate, dunno how he didn't get in the best, he just does pretty much everything right, although I for one am not yet sure where his best possie is for us. In saying that, Ports CHB, I think its Steve Lyons, was BOG by a mile. He's carrying a few extra kg's but made a couple of our boys look 2nd rate in marking duels and around the ground. You're right tho, they are gonna be very hard to beat, backilne sensational, midfield great and forward line good enough to capatalise on work done up the ground. Little man Minchington also very hard to contain, as the 4 blokes we tried on him will tell ya!

On a positive note, AFL Cairns has a lot of talent coming through. The Cairns U14 Lions team went through undefeated at the QLD Country Championships on the weekend. No less than 10 Cairns players were selected in QLD Kookaburras team.

Went really well again mate, dunno how he didn't get in the best, he just does pretty much everything right, although I for one am not yet sure where his best possie is for us. In saying that, Ports CHB, I think its Steve Lyons, was BOG by a mile. He's carrying a few extra kg's but made a couple of our boys look 2nd rate in marking duels and around the ground. You're right tho, they are gonna be very hard to beat, backilne sensational, midfield great and forward line good enough to capatalise on work done up the ground. Little man Minchington also very hard to contain, as the 4 blokes we tried on him will tell ya!

Didn't he (lyons) keep matty walsh goalless, or even kickless? Must be fairly versatile. Minchington is a very handy rover / fwd pocket. Was he the only guy you guys tagged tho? How did Beetham and hocking go? Who did Richter play on that he should have been in the best? I see Shaw got 7 and Lyons was easily best, just wondering why he didnt take either of them?

Didn't he (lyons) keep matty walsh goalless, or even kickless? Must be fairly versatile. Minchington is a very handy rover / fwd pocket. Was he the only guy you guys tagged tho? How did Beetham and hocking go? Who did Richter play on that he should have been in the best? I see Shaw got 7 and Lyons was easily best, just wondering why he didnt take either of them?

Prob a fair call centreman, not sure what their plan is with him, at the moment seems to be playing off a hbf, with some time in the middle. IMO, seems he would be best to play on oppositions best forward ie shaw, but did play very well against dogs on the ball. Beetham was all class but definitely didn't get as much ball as usual, heard from an old Port Douglas mouth that he isn't well and a week to week prospect for them. Their 2's also much improved and def have 3 or 4 who could come up no worries.
Hate to say it, but would not be surprised to see an undefeated year for them:eek:

Prob a fair call centreman, not sure what their plan is with him, at the moment seems to be playing off a hbf, with some time in the middle. IMO, seems he would be best to play on oppositions best forward ie shaw, but did play very well against dogs on the ball. Beetham was all class but definitely didn't get as much ball as usual, heard from an old Port Douglas mouth that he isn't well and a week to week prospect for them. Their 2's also much improved and def have 3 or 4 who could come up no worries.
Hate to say it, but would not be surprised to see an undefeated year for them:eek:

Lyons did keep Walsh near touchless that game but he must give thanks to his team mates up he field with the delivery not the usual Saints standard. Was the weekend just a hick up for your 2's Watsons with Norths and Saints clearly the best 2 in the reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back