AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Souths - Flintstone and Tamba!
Saints - Malcolm Blight - for free because he wants success in a red white and black jumper.
Hawks - Brian Waldron
Port Douglas - Terry Wallace (his tan is fading down south)
Lions - Akermanis - loves the lions.
Centrals - Lane

Good stuff Saint. But I think you got a couple wrong.

Centrals - David Swhwarz, new TAB got him over the line.
Souths - Tamba is director of coaching, so his old mate Flinstone will get the nod. Expect a influx of good quality dog groomers and trainers to return the club to the glory days...:)
Manunda - Brynne Eldeston. She'll still look out of place and the money should be right..;)
Port Douglas - The Whiz, Warrick Capper. He has already signed Angwin, Cousins, Justin Charles and Travis Tuck.:thumbsu:
Saints - 2010 QLD Volunteer of the Year Award winner Mr Col Johnson. This one is for all the forum posters, because we know Saints don't pay players.:D

Mark Harvey to get the interleague job, he'll be the only bloke without one.

Before all you Hawks boys get all defensive, I am taking the moisture in this post....

Good call Grimey, but have six players already who have told me they will come if my good mate Tamba and I get the nod. Have jobs lined up for the boys and ready to go. Have another 10 jobs up my sleeves for more players plus a good sized cheque book.:cool:

My mail was right, a Hawks legend to take over... next one is B. Powell from Saints to be appointed next week as head coach:eek:

Heard over the weekend that there is more to the Saints job. Powell has been offered it in a joint role. With Kennedy as non playing? Saints posters can you confirm and elaborate...

I don't know whether to believe Plugg3r or not about the Hawks coaching job. Maybe Lane will be coaching Hawks again? And surely, after all reports this year, Adams won't be coaching in Cairns again.

Was not me Plugg3r. Someone who has played AFL has obvious ability, even if it is less now. So I will not bag him and have not. I reckon he still has something to offer Football in a off field role, anyone with AFL experience does. Something must be holding him back.

Are you saying Hawks are speaking to Lane?

Was not me Plugg3r. Someone who has played AFL has obvious ability, even if it is less now. So I will not bag him and have not. I reckon he still has something to offer Football in a off field role, anyone with AFL experience does. Something must be holding him back.

Are you saying Hawks are speaking to Lane?

Not to my knowledge, though there could be talks. I only brought up the subject as I found it strange you suggested him if you didn't rate him. But I agree with you what your thoughts are on him.

Griffiths has gone back south for family reasons.

Souths - Tamba & Flintstone
Saints - Dunstan??
Norths - Richter
Hawks - Weetra (if Plugg3r is correct)
Port - Have no idea, maybe Darren Wall

Chris Adams to coach at either Lions or Centrals. I believe Tyson Lane won't be coaching at Centrals next year.

Souths: Looking as 51yr old coach from Tassy was all set to come but his partner pulled out as her heart was set on Mackay. Confirmed on Friday by Cutters.
Saints: B. Powell / Kennedy / O'Halloran (Kennedy plast in 2nd half of year
Norths: Ricter and is seeking assistant. Hanlon and Dixon, new player who is up here in Cairns from Albury Comp has been offered the job verbally.
Hawks: Looking no names suggested
Port: Looking but will have a light year in 2012 with minimal $$$ budget
Lions: Looking - Potentially Folding with new reports as of yesterday. Depend on AGM to review financial position
Dogs: Looking but no $$$ to shop with, a local coach - Purcell name has been thrown up but reluctant with no footy budget

I have it on good word from Tyson Lane is not coaching in Cairns in 2012. Heard it from the man himself. Saints have lost a number of players but have already commenced recruitment for CHF and midfielders for 2012.

Norths are throwing everything at police officer in Mareeba who is a B&F winner back in Albury who is up here working but they are fighting with 2 other clubs. Thats my mail from tigerland anyways boys. Ground is coming up nicely!!! Big year for the tigers!!!

Thats all i have

Souths: Looking as 51yr old coach from Tassy was all set to come but his partner pulled out as her heart was set on Mackay. Confirmed on Friday by Cutters.
Norths: Ricter and is seeking assistant. Hanlon and Dixon, new player who is up here in Cairns from Albury Comp has been offered the job verbally.
Lions: Looking - Potentially Folding with new reports as of yesterday. Depend on AGM to review financial position
Dogs: Looking but no $$$ to shop with, a local coach - Purcell name has been thrown up but reluctant with no footy budget

I have it on good word from Tyson Lane is not coaching in Cairns in 2012. Heard it from the man himself. Saints have lost a number of players but have already commenced recruitment for CHF and midfielders for 2012.

Norths are throwing everything at police officer in Mareeba who is a B&F winner back in Albury who is up here working but they are fighting with 2 other clubs. Thats my mail from tigerland anyways boys. Ground is coming up nicely!!! Big year for the tigers!!!

Thats all i have

You my friend are way closer to the money as to who's coaching who:thumbsu:.

Plugg3r, Is Weetra coaching or not?!?!?!?

Others on this thread seem to think otherwise. Don't make me come at you Bay style, brosef (mad face).

i think plugger would be having a bit of a joke around though i would love irish to coach with gabby again! but i dont think the club would have enough money to fund the bar to keep them two refreshed.

knowing richard like i do he will have a secret up his sleeve on who is coaching. and we all know the man will pick a winner. :thumbsu:

Thats all i have

Well Eager, you're obviously in the know and I can honestly say you have pretty much hit the nail on the head with each of your assessments. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh ok, my bad (really happy smile face).

I don't know where you're getting your mail from Shavedham but you should have a look at changing your sources. So far, since you have been on this forum you have cast aspersions on a few people and couldn't have been further from the mark. I'm starting suspect that you're a Cairns Saints supporter that has had a name change:eek:. Because history on this forum suggests that your forum posts thus far, are no different to those that a Cairns Saints supporter would put on here.:rolleyes:

Scared i dont think so. The fact he is 50kgs ringing wet doesnt make him the perfect in and under guy. Come the big games last year and this year he has played very well. Hallas gets plenty of hard ball in my opinion.
i dont blame young guys or skinny guys for being more outside players as its just some peoples game. come the crunch i wouldn't mind having B.Hallas on my team. NEXT

Lachrilly very interested in your comment and Plugg3r might assist, did Hallas play or was he injured for the grand final? I did watch but did not see him......

As opposed to all of the hard ball you get during the year plugg?

Lets be honest, you have next to 0 football experience/skills so anytime you make comments about skillful players that are actually playing senior football you can rest assured that people (as they should) are just rolling their eyes knowing that you dont know wtf you are on about.

I agree with Lachrilly, its about knowing your limits and knowing how you can impact the contest or help out a team-mate who is going in for it. It does no good to have 22 blokes all running in for the footy, you need outside players, it doesnt mean they are scared, it means they are aware. You would know that, if you knew how to play the game. That concludes our footy lesson for today, next week we'll tackle some of the harder issues that you clearly struggle with everytime you take the field, like leading out of the goalsquare.

Hallas is a gun, 28 goals in 13 matches, named in the best 8 times this year, kicked 8 against your mob in April and 2 on the weekend, so as lachrilly said NEXT.

They sound like great stats hadtopost, i have heard he is a good player. Did hallas play the final? I didnt have a program or havent seen a replay to know if he was playing or not. I was told to look out for a 'skinny bloke who gets alot of it' but i didnt see any of those in the final game.

Lachrilly very interested in your comment and Plugg3r might assist, did Hallas play or was he injured for the grand final? I did watch but did not see him......

you ask for plugg3rs comment on hallas? ill give you his real comment on hallas though he was to much of a bitch to post it last year. the same video hallas asked him to take down from public viewing and he did as he has no balls hahah

[YOUTUBE]XHqLFVYCFbA[/YOUTUBE]

made for great viewing for weeks around the clubroom.
dont get angry plugg3r it had to be done sooner or later.

you ask for plugg3rs comment on hallas? ill give you his real comment on hallas though he was to much of a bitch to post it last year. the same video hallas asked him to take down from public viewing and he did as he has no balls hahah

[youtube]XHqLFVYCFbA[/youtube]

made for great viewing for weeks around the clubroom.
dont get angry plugg3r it had to be done sooner or later.

How did I know this would eventually come out. Oh well, it was a good inner secret whilst it lasted. Still regret now not sending it into the AFL Footy Show, could of been a winner. :(

The playing group certainly don't think this... Most have been there before and know if it is either Port or Hawks it will be a tough game as all GF's are. Happens quite often a side wins by 100+ in the Semi and then loses the GF or the GF is very close..

Mcqueen and Walsh (if he gets through a week of training) to come back in will make a difference as in Saturday's game Saints missed Mcqueens crumbing in the Fwd line when Poynter and Dixon brought the ball to the ground.
G Martin holdin his head high was mentioned on here before?? So if a player gives away 50s and doesnt loose his cool he can hold his head high? Thought O'Toole and at times Hallas killed Martin as he runs off and gets burnt on the rebound... Coatsworth and Max make a point to kick to Martin's man as he is unaccountable....
Roach playing two games?? bit late to get fitness he needs to be a senior footballer.... And if he can't get game time with ALL those injuries that were mentioned in the paper why is he even in the side??

TimBurr i hope you are not allergic to 'humble pie' as a number of points you made, just from my observations, looked to be egg on your face. O'toole is a big body and other than dixon and poyner, are the biggest your club has. They were all disappointing. When the game got tough, they were out the back of packs demainding outside handballs and ellich, warren, martin and langford were on the bottom of the packs.

Coatsworth and Powell were very solid ball getters but lack mates when it got tough. When the ball was easy, it looked from the stands that saints can run the ball very well but in and under, the club had no answers and lacked leaders other than the two mentioned. If the manunda team kicked straight it would have nearly been a 93 pt turn around. Just my view as i dont personally like either of the clubs.

I was told martin was number 20, is this right? and ellich is 5. Ellich got the medal and it could have went to a number of his team but having spent a number of years down south before coming back, you need blokes who are hard, aggressive and tough. The two mentioned, sure they gave away kicks but watching the influence the attack they have on the ball and including scymour (bad spelling i know) into that bracket, i felt the saints were happy to be second to the ball and jog in chase. Looked bad considering i was told by slappsy o'halloran they would write their own ticket...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back