AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee the north cairns mob on here were just like their fans on friday nite, actually thought they were a chance! I can tell you they were never even close to being a chance. Hawks controlled 70% plus of the play and if had of kicked straight would have belted them on the scoreboard too. You're talking 36 scoring shots to only 18 - double!

As for tha fans, well I reckon it was good to see a bit of spirit, we could hear them from the terrace. The only problem was, they cheered louder when a north player belted a hawks player than they did when they kicked a goal. Thats a culture issue I guess.

Ok where to start-
teamwork re Holland. Admit it, you'd love him in your team, takes the game on, breaks lines and is a jet. Prob gets caught 2/ 10 not the 8/10 you carry on about. Will only get better as we get better players around him.
Upthemiddle - was waiting for someone to bring up the scoring shots. Its called pressure, something your blokes didn't handle too well, and if we were a better all round side we might have taken a bit more adavntage of. Pretty sure Saints and Port will have noticed though. As for your claims about the crowd, both sides cheered and booed the same things, only ours were louder.:D
Barry 59 - yes, that particular young fella is gonna be a very good footballer, but whether he's 16 or 60, he is playing senior footy and isn't entitled to more protection cos of his age. Will make hime a better player long term anyway.
I think if we can get Tennick back on deck and possibly Richter, we could make the chase for 4th spot very interesting. Definitely still well off top 3. I'm actually favouring Port now, Viola might have learned from his mistakes and got a team specifically with Cazalys in mind. Time will tell...
Top 6 for Crathern: Harth, Hocking, Adams, Holland, Powell (hawks) and Oughton.

Could not agree more "Watsons Oval" bigger bodies is one of the aspects of senior footy, Richter looks to be doing a great job with the juniors down there, to only go down in the last quarter with nearly half the team looking like there still at school is a great effort. With bosen, tennick, and richter on the paddock, Norths will prove to be more than a headache for the top teams.

Watsons, Holland is a terrific young talent, but he needs to know he has team mates. Word is he is heading back south and won't be with you guys next season. And I stand by the fact that he gets either caught, dispossessed or pressured into forced disposal close to 80% of the time. The times he doesn't he looks a genuine gun, he will only get better with the right guidance.

Regarding the scoring shots, I never mentioned it because it is something we do regularly. Hawks seem to average 35 shots a game, I won't say it is pressure as a lot are set shots. Goalkicking is a mind game and when a team goes through this, it often takes time to work out of it. It will come.

We kicked 6.6 to 3.0 in the 1st, thats 12 shots to 3, we could have, and should have buried you there and then. The game panned out to be a good contest. I rate you guys and think you should beat Centrals to 4th spot.

Top 6 for Crathern: Hocking, Powell (hawks), Powell (saints), Oughton, Bosen, Smith (port-he's already a proven umpire favorite so may go well again)

It was a very good game, Hawks too good in the end, but definitely had some nervous moments. Their ability when under immense pressure in the 2nd quarter will have been noticed by the other 2 top teams. My lowlight would have to be the umpiring efforts, most definitely both ways. Haven't seen a game with so many late or off the ball high shots. Surely if the umps show a bit of authority ealry in the game (maybe a yellow card) blokes would not be thinking they could get away with it. Yes Lukas was a main offender but a couple of Norths lads weren't much better. Be interesting to hear Hawks boys thoughts on the game? Not the 80 point thumping they had hoped for...
PS pretty sure Glen is injured although he seemed to be moving ok

Was a good game! Best spot on the ground was under the shade cloth at cazalys as 1st half there was some rediculous comments by both supporters and language infront of alot of children.

Umpires, umpires, umpires! Bad on both sides of the coin and the fact the umpires advisor was doing the game didnt enhance the standard. Norths have a bright future but i must add, Bosen needs to put his late hits and attempts to put the 'big shot on' it burns too much energy and acheives very little. Bosen biggest assett is his amazing pace and silky skills perhaps the tigers members who use big footy could pass it on. He expends way to much energy and boy oh boy, what a player he would be with saving a bit more fuel in his tank!

As for the game, wet, slippery and a bit of passion on both sides was going to make it closer. A true sign of these teams is a good ol fashion game in the dry at 3pm..... But a good match and credit to both clubs to shake hands after!

Haha plugger u make me laugh. I support hawks and played there for about 7/8 years but I must not be as passionate as u cause no one on hear can post a comment about the hawks without u sticking up for them. And Im not mocking u for it. It's good to be like that sometimes. But to be honest they are right about our lack of supporters and they are right about Lucas. But not about glen Martin. And I have to say well done to Rowan gray for his good sportsmanship he tried very hard to keep his north tigers team mates in line with words of encouragement but they chose not to listen. To be honest I would almost call that team a PAC of dogs for there attitude and over aggressive attitude. Instead of playing hard for the ball they just wanted to hurt the hawks players. Late hits, high hits and trying to fight is never going to win games. The culture at this club is a Terrible and needs to change from the staff to the players also the supporters. And don't say that as an ex hawks player I would not know well actually I do know because I spent 2 years there. Anyway another win

Agree, Pluggar you bit one eyed but clubs need people like you supporting them. Just hope you pay your $6 and go along and cheer on your team and not just fly the flag on websites like these.

Fully agree JACKBLACK! Tigers have always been a competitive unit over the years. They were good in the 70,80's and when they recruited well, were a big force in 03/04/05! Problem i see is discipline but i have been assured that they are making some great inroads and credit to them! Ricter and Hanlon at the head will help the club turn the corner but with so many young players, if it means they forfiet games, they need to move a few players along! With such talented young players coming through, they need to learn about a balance of passion and discipline. There is nothing wrong with flying the flag but when you start giving away silly free kicks and 50m penalties then it costs your team. Momentum is everything and i believe when the tigers try to hard, they loose it.

That being said, Chris Jorgenson and company need to consider spending some time in the two's. To not be able to finish a game at full back shows how ineffective and unfit he is. A young player like Best, Allan Mast would greatly benefit from a big job rather than playing an overweight, uncommitted hack like fat jorgo at fullback. Sad to not see Tennick not playing, a good player and what the tigers need as a leader. Rowan Gray is also a very positive and dominate force in the league. Would love to see the players read him better and get first use, a quality player and bloke!

Thats my spat!

Thats gold teamwork. I was actually in the grandstand at half time ( when Norths were just in front) crowd was great. Our guys sprayed your blokes and clapped ours while your supporters did the same. I don't think any of it went too far and despite not many there, it created a bit of atmosphere.
As for Freebody tagging Holland in the last, what about the first 3 quarters where he tore you to shreds??

Shreds??? Cmon.... Was he number 40? He is no doubt a guy who can attrack the ball, break tackles and run but he cannot do everything. He was good in first 1/2. But a bloke who doesnt train with his team, rocks up 10min before start of the game and expects to hit targets and know how his teams plays, forwards lead etc wont hit targets. His kicking is ineffective and he turns the ball over alot. Disagree? Watch the tapes!

Good lesson for any player is to play on the best, both teams would be better for the run! But footy is a 4 quarter game and hawks played better in the 4 quarters than norths and got the results. The win / loss column would reflect that! Pressure is on norths to keep winning to make the 4 otherwise its yet another 'developing year'.

Could not agree more "Watsons Oval" bigger bodies is one of the aspects of senior footy, Richter looks to be doing a great job with the juniors down there, to only go down in the last quarter with nearly half the team looking like there still at school is a great effort. With bosen, tennick, and richter on the paddock, Norths will prove to be more than a headache for the top teams.

Barry59 Is Richter cleared??? It says he hasnt been?

To be honest I would almost call that team a PAC of dogs for there attitude and over aggressive attitude. Instead of playing hard for the ball they just wanted to hurt the hawks players.
As opposed to Lukas trying to slip one in everytime he went near a tigers player....especially the younger smaller tiger players. Didn't see him put one on Rowan Gray?? No class that guy at all. Could take a lesson from Willie.

Mate the Norths supporters were average last night, abusive and inciteful. At half time they were nothing short of feral.
Really......get your rose coloured glasses off. There was great passionate barracking from both teams. Our supporters were no better or worse than your boys.

That said, it was an enjoyable game to watch. The young tigers played some exciting footy in the second quarter to take it up to and past the Hawks. However your boys were too big and fit and ran over us in the end. Perhaps next year we can spend the equivilant of a luxury car on players and see how we do ;)

The CAFL needs to do something about the umpires though....They have a duty of care to the players and the CAFL and umpires could find themselves in trouble if a player wants to take it further after a significant injury due to an illegal hit (refer to Brendan Tennicks broken teeth/jaw with no free kick awarded - not that he's the sort of blokoe to take that type of action). All the games are taped.....

As for all hate headed North's way about club culture...when were you last there? I can assure you that the direction that Kane is taking the club is very positive. He and Brett are getting together a group of dedicated volunteers to push the club forward and that includes the girls from netball which is a very big positive for the club.

What are the Hawks going to do when their agreement runs out for cazalys??

And that's my two cents....

CAFL would send Hawks to Watsons Oval, wouldnt that bring Bigfooty and the forum users face to face hahahah. Thats $$$ i would happily pay to see that! Perhaps then the surface of Watsons Oval would regularly see some home ground wins HA HA

Upthemiddle - was waiting for someone to bring up the scoring shots. Its called pressure, something your blokes didn't handle too well, and if we were a better all round side we might have taken a bit more adavntage of. Pretty sure Saints and Port will have noticed though. As for your claims about the crowd, both sides cheered and booed the same things, only ours were louder.:D

Yes indeed pressure, but it wasn't the pressure you are referring too. When there is as much scoring shots as the Hawks produce it produces a lot of pressure on the other team. Was the same reason why in the last quarter it looked like a sniper was in the grandstand.

CAFL would send Hawks to Watsons Oval, wouldnt that bring Bigfooty and the forum users face to face hahahah. Thats $$$ i would happily pay to see that! Perhaps then the surface of Watsons Oval would regularly see some home ground wins HA HA

2qd4d5g.gif

That being said, Chris Jorgenson and company need to consider spending some time in the two's. To not be able to finish a game at full back shows how ineffective and unfit he is. A young player like Best, Allan Mast would greatly benefit from a big job rather than playing an overweight, uncommitted hack like fat jorgo at fullback. Sad to not see Tennick not playing, a good player and what the tigers need as a leader. Rowan Gray is also a very positive and dominate force in the league. Would love to see the players read him better and get first use, a quality player and bloke!

Thats my spat!

If you think Chris is overweight, why does it seem like he never gets caught holding the footy? I'm sure Cities, Souths and Port supporters who have seen their team's recent outings vs the Tigers could agree with this one.

He's also been among the club's best over the past 4 weeks, including the player of the game vs Cities in the record. So surely that's enough to earn his spot in the 1s?

The guy is on the committee, organises functions and his long term girlfriend has been one of the biggest driving forces behind the addition of the Tigers netball club :thumbsu:. All of this while running their own business full time. So to question his commitment to the club is ludicrous, especially from someone who is not involved in the club themselves.

And yes I'm his cousin, so my view is going to be biased, but most of what I said will have the majority of the readers nodding their head.

Anyways, probably be the first and last you hear of me on this thread, unless I'm flogging my own footy boot business.

As I jumped on the computer at work today thinking that for once I might come on here to read something half educated, I was once again let down. I thought I'd come on here to read something about the great game of football in the wet between Manunda and North Cairns. Maybe even something about the fighting spirit of South Cairns again Cairns Saints.

But once again, no. No I find a lot of drivel from some sore and sad Tiger fans, some defensive words from some Manunda fans and absoloutly nothing about the game at Griffiths Park. I attended both games on the weekend had watched some fighting spirit for the 4th spot. At no stage did I ever see either teams in threat of losing though. But that kind of logic would be much to hard to gather from the one eyed supporters on here.

As for the crowd, between the squarking of one female Hawks supporter and the abuse from the Tigers supporters I decided it was a good time to plug in the headphones to the phone and listen to some radio reports from the live AFL game. I honestly though it was quite amussing of the North Cairns fans to yell "Look at the scoreboard" at half time, and found it more amusing that Manunda didn't delve to their level and yell it back after the game. As for the hits the snipering was done mostly by Tigers players, but as I have already explained on here... 2004 wasn't that long ago, and old habits die hard.

As for the South and Saints game I thought it was a good old fashioned game which showed a lot about both teams. Walsh looked strong with his six and Kennedy showed some talent. Adams did he usual game of seagulling and didn't really help his troops over the line at the end. Will be a good game to see next week with Hawks at Cutters.

Port and Centrals was very close as well on the weekend, the competition is starting to heat up it looks like.

Hawks by 50pts
Port by 10pts
Centrals by 70pts

I'll personally be at Hawks v Cutters as I believe the MOTR will be at Fretwell Park and plus I cant be bothered driving to Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are a goose informant, just say you are a Hawks supporter!

Got home Saturday morning and went to watch the Saints v Cutters game after half time. Adams was great, he did sure up the backline but when things were 'sure' down there he moved through the middle and created chances up forward. He slows the game down well, controls it nicely and deserves more credit that what posters give him. From my records this year he hasn't king hit anyone??? He would slot into any teams midfield in this league, I am sure Saints, Port and Manunda would have him.

Plenty of Saints, Souths and various supporters for the legends game which was great to watch! Well done to all involved on the day. Clearly the biggest crowd I have seen apart from the Grand Final.

@ Collo u can't say anything positive about adams without some1 trying 2 discredit u by being condescending.. And replying with a rebuttal to what they think u said instead of actually reading ur argument

Gee the north cairns mob on here were just like their fans on friday nite, actually thought they were a chance! I can tell you they were never even close to being a chance. Hawks controlled 70% plus of the play and if had of kicked straight would have belted them on the scoreboard too. You're talking 36 scoring shots to only 18 - double!

As for tha fans, well I reckon it was good to see a bit of spirit, we could hear them from the terrace. The only problem was, they cheered louder when a north player belted a hawks player than they did when they kicked a goal. Thats a culture issue I guess.

I hate to say it, but some things just never change. Not last year but the year before during the finals, quite a few Norths fans were out on the Terrace causing trouble with a blu imminent. I moved away and let them have it.

As I jumped on the computer at work today thinking that for once I might come on here to read something half educated, I was once again let down. I thought I'd come on here to read something about the great game of football in the wet between Manunda and North Cairns. Maybe even something about the fighting spirit of South Cairns again Cairns Saints.

But once again, no. No I find a lot of drivel from some sore and sad Tiger fans, some defensive words from some Manunda fans and absoloutly nothing about the game at Griffiths Park. I attended both games on the weekend had watched some fighting spirit for the 4th spot. At no stage did I ever see either teams in threat of losing though. But that kind of logic would be much to hard to gather from the one eyed supporters on here.

As for the crowd, between the squarking of one female Hawks supporter and the abuse from the Tigers supporters I decided it was a good time to plug in the headphones to the phone and listen to some radio reports from the live AFL game. I honestly though it was quite amussing of the North Cairns fans to yell "Look at the scoreboard" at half time, and found it more amusing that Manunda didn't delve to their level and yell it back after the game. As for the hits the snipering was done mostly by Tigers players, but as I have already explained on here... 2004 wasn't that long ago, and old habits die hard.

As for the South and Saints game I thought it was a good old fashioned game which showed a lot about both teams. Walsh looked strong with his six and Kennedy showed some talent. Adams did he usual game of seagulling and didn't really help his troops over the line at the end. Will be a good game to see next week with Hawks at Cutters.

Port and Centrals was very close as well on the weekend, the competition is starting to heat up it looks like.

Hawks by 50pts
Port by 10pts
Centrals by 70pts

I'll personally be at Hawks v Cutters as I believe the MOTR will be at Fretwell Park and plus I cant be bothered driving to Port.

I look forward to seeing you there

I hate to say it, but some things just never change. Not last year but the year before during the finals, quite a few Norths fans were out on the Terrace causing trouble with a blu imminent. I moved away and let them have it.

And 200 years ago all our ancestors were convicts and criminals.

It's time all you norths haters got over something that happened nearly 7 years ago.

The barracking on the weekend was passionate - from both sides - and that is to be expected. If you cant handle listening to another clubs supporters barrack, then go home or to the other side of the field.

Ever been bothered to drive up to Port?? Probably not. Tell you what, those boys get raucous cheering on the seniors, so don't just pigeon hole north cairns. But thats what you expect at the footy.

The club is taking great steps to move forward. Anytime someone doesn't like what norths are doing...bring up 2004. Yeah the club made a big mistake and we've paid and paid dearly on and off the field for it. But the club has put it behind and moved on (really what else could we do).

Kane and Rick would not be involved in a club that behaves as all the posters here would have everyone think...looking for cheap shots at every opportunity. I think that honour belongs to some of the clearly biased posters on this forum.

Got home Saturday morning and went to watch the Saints v Cutters game after half time. Adams was great, he did sure up the backline but when things were 'sure' down there he moved through the middle and created chances up forward. He slows the game down well, controls it nicely and deserves more credit that what posters give him. From my records this year he hasn't king hit anyone??? He would slot into any teams midfield in this league, I am sure Saints, Port and Manunda would have him.

Plenty of Saints, Souths and various supporters for the legends game which was great to watch! Well done to all involved on the day. Clearly the biggest crowd I have seen apart from the Grand Final.

Didn't he get weeks for headbutting??

hello again Mrs. informant, just wanted to point out that I actually asked Hawks people what they thought of the game and was met with little else other than how bad our crowd was and what sniping dogs we were. Did I do the wrong thing? What do you suggest I should have done, Almighty Informant??

Didn't he get weeks for headbutting??

1 i beleive. but really what has that got to do it? with the way he has conducted himself this season, has been spot on. I think he has lead well and lead from the front, we are human we all make mistakes.

The amount of flak he gets on this really is uncalled for, anyone would think his name would be chris cousins, or chris carey.

And 200 years ago all our ancestors were convicts and criminals.

It's time all you norths haters got over something that happened nearly 7 years ago.

The barracking on the weekend was passionate - from both sides - and that is to be expected. If you cant handle listening to another clubs supporters barrack, then go home or to the other side of the field.

Ever been bothered to drive up to Port?? Probably not. Tell you what, those boys get raucous cheering on the seniors, so don't just pigeon hole north cairns. But thats what you expect at the footy.

The club is taking great steps to move forward. Anytime someone doesn't like what norths are doing...bring up 2004. Yeah the club made a big mistake and we've paid and paid dearly on and off the field for it. But the club has put it behind and moved on (really what else could we do).

Kane and Rick would not be involved in a club that behaves as all the posters here would have everyone think...looking for cheap shots at every opportunity. I think that honour belongs to some of the clearly biased posters on this forum.

here here i agree, what ever happened to living in the present and taking each day as it comes rather than dwelling on past actions. I firmly beleive with Richter at the helm the tiger ship is headed in the right direction.

here here i agree, what ever happened to living in the present and taking each day as it comes rather than dwelling on past actions. I firmly beleive with Richter at the helm the tiger ship is headed in the right direction.

Totally AGREE! Best coach the tigers have had in the last handful of seasons! Hope they can keep him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back