AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont' think Saints have had any problems with Norths this year from a discipline point of view.

From memory, they gave away a few 50s round 1, but that was round 1 and we were spanking them and it was mostly verbal stuff getting them in the poop.

I think people must be going from memory, because the Tigers haven't really been much different from any of the other clubs, discipline wise.

Seem to be a well-coached team. Holland certainly has potential and needs some work, but better to see him take the game on and make a couple of mistakes than see him play a 'safe' game and play within himself. With experience, he'll know when it's time to take on the game and when it's time to sink the slipper down the line. Might be the kind of player that makes a loss look worse but at the right time, they're also the guys who can burst open a game.

And 200 years ago all our ancestors were convicts and criminals.

It's time all you norths haters got over something that happened nearly 7 years ago.

The barracking on the weekend was passionate - from both sides - and that is to be expected. If you cant handle listening to another clubs supporters barrack, then go home or to the other side of the field.

Ever been bothered to drive up to Port?? Probably not. Tell you what, those boys get raucous cheering on the seniors, so don't just pigeon hole north cairns. But thats what you expect at the footy.

The club is taking great steps to move forward. Anytime someone doesn't like what norths are doing...bring up 2004. Yeah the club made a big mistake and we've paid and paid dearly on and off the field for it. But the club has put it behind and moved on (really what else could we do).

Kane and Rick would not be involved in a club that behaves as all the posters here would have everyone think...looking for cheap shots at every opportunity. I think that honour belongs to some of the clearly biased posters on this forum.

I agree! I support Richmond so i do have a soft spot for the tigers! I love the colours and the 'yellow and black' part of the theme song, my kids long singing when they win.

Looking from the outside in and knowing the last two coaches, the broom still needs to be swept from the top down! There are some great people at the club but there are still some people who i would refer to as 'cancers'. Every club has them but when you are not succeeding then, step aside!

In saying this, Rickter is the key, hanlon is the key and a 'youthful' committee is the key! In saying this it would be great to see the tigers play finals. However, a true reflection of a club is its depth. Every club has 5-10 players out at any time but its a test of a club to see if the players stepping up can develop to be solid contributers.

It pains me to hear clubs, ALL clubs use excuses about missing players, one player doesnt make a team, a coach doesnt make a team, 40 odd players, committee, trainers, volunteers, families make a club. A win isnt just about the players on the field, i believe its got to do with contributions from all those mentioned and if those in those positions are not equally contributing then, it wont reflect in wins in my opinion.

My spat anyway!

And 200 years ago all our ancestors were convicts and criminals.

It's time all you norths haters got over something that happened nearly 7 years ago.

The barracking on the weekend was passionate - from both sides - and that is to be expected. If you cant handle listening to another clubs supporters barrack, then go home or to the other side of the field.

Ever been bothered to drive up to Port?? Probably not. Tell you what, those boys get raucous cheering on the seniors, so don't just pigeon hole north cairns. But thats what you expect at the footy.

The club is taking great steps to move forward. Anytime someone doesn't like what norths are doing...bring up 2004. Yeah the club made a big mistake and we've paid and paid dearly on and off the field for it. But the club has put it behind and moved on (really what else could we do).

Kane and Rick would not be involved in a club that behaves as all the posters here would have everyone think...looking for cheap shots at every opportunity. I think that honour belongs to some of the clearly biased posters on this forum.

Loyal Tiger, I have on more then one occasion stood up for Brett Potter and have on more than one occasion on this forum have stated that I thought Norths were moving forward (check the previous pages). I admit that I wasn't at the game between Norths and Hawks and should have probably not commented the way I did. I'm prepared to cop that one on the chin. However, I have seen Norths supporters this season act a little feral. Perhaps there are some in the minority who could curve their aggressiveness at a game. I have no issues with supporters supporting their team and occasionally yelling out to do that. God knows, I have on more then one occasion yelled out from the sidelines and stands and let people and umpires know my thoughts on a game. I'm sure most people on this forum have and I can certainly think of one other who does. I have also bothered to travel up to Port on more than one occasion and to be quite honest, I haven't really heard anything that bad. In fact, I'm mates with a few guys up there who are involved in the club. And just so I don't appear to be pidgeon holing one particular club, I have heard rambunctious cheering from Centrals supporters on more then one occasion as well.:cool:

Flinstone - nothing better than being at the footy and having a few quiet beers. I agree that sometimes supporters can let their passion get the better of them. I know that everyone is welcome for a beer during or after the game at Watson's. I also know that the leaders down there also encourage us to enjoy a beer after away games also.

It's one of the great things about footy...two groups of passionate supporters doing their thing. Just creates a bit of atmosphere.

See the swans bloke take on the magpies cheersquad?? A brave or foolish man that one!!

everyone knows what has happened in the past so it is time to let it go. I have been to most of Saints games this year and havent seen anything worth complaining about. Nothing wrong with supporters being passionate as long as it doesnt go overboard which can happen.
On the field. Should be an interesting game up the highway this weekend. Port should go in favourites with Saints picking up some injuries to key players last weekend. Port wernt convincing in their win over CTB. Haven't seen Relton Roberts name for a while and are the Shaw boys back for good?

Whilst everyone is taking the high road and giving feel good pats on the back to everyone I might throw a quick comment in.

Everyone giving these pats on the back about passionate fans and passionate commitees etc still are the same ones commenting on who is going to get red or yellow carded on the field. Open your eyes and realise that these so called passionate fans have the same passion as the players on the field. Though they get called sniping dogs and everything else you can think off, though the same people you call out never get in trouble with suspension etc. Maybe some of you should think about that before you jump on here having a whinge.

Now, thats my two cents.

Who do you think is the main contender for fourth spot on the ladder?
Norths
Cutters
CTB

It's going to be close to be honest...
If Norths get a full fit side again and play with the heart they did against Manunda i'd lock them in now.

Souths have played with heart most of the year it would seem and are a genuine chance if they close the year strong.

Centrals seem probably the strongest team out of them all and really should finish 4th... BUT i'll put my money on North Cairns.

I agree, i think the 4th spot battle is between CTB and Norths. If Richter wants to play should they make 4th he has to play soon to qualify doesn't he? Norths have to play both souths and centrals away from watsons.

I agree, i think the 4th spot battle is between CTB and Norths. If Richter wants to play should they make 4th he has to play soon to qualify doesn't he? Norths have to play both souths and centrals away from watsons.

I believe it's five games to qualify if I'm not mistaken, they have a bye this round and round 21, so he will need to play every game from next week and can miss round 20 to qualify.

I think all three are pretty evenly matched. I think Norths would want it more because they're really building on something, where Souths and CTB seem to have a shorter term plan.

Norths would definitely benefit from a game (or two?) of finals football should they make it.

Plugger, if you don't know the difference in impact between physical and verbal abuse, that's probably your key problem. Violence isn't a good way to show passion, it's a good way of showing weakness.

Plugger, if you don't know the difference in impact between physical and verbal abuse, that's probably your key problem. Violence isn't a good way to show passion, it's a good way of showing weakness.

I think you don't know the difference between illegal physical abuse and physical pressure in a game of football. And I believe if you spoke to some one in the know they would say there isn't that much difference between verbal and physical abuse on a person's psyche. But that's if you want to go down that nit-picking path.

Flinstone - nothing better than being at the footy and having a few quiet beers. I agree that sometimes supporters can let their passion get the better of them. I know that everyone is welcome for a beer during or after the game at Watson's. I also know that the leaders down there also encourage us to enjoy a beer after away games also.

It's one of the great things about footy...two groups of passionate supporters doing their thing. Just creates a bit of atmosphere.

See the swans bloke take on the magpies cheersquad?? A brave or foolish man that one!!

No I didn't see that one but would say, terribly brave. I also say good on him, there is only one thing worse then a politician and that is the Collingwood Football Club. Come on Colliwobble supporters take the bait. I dare ya:p:p:p:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

everyone knows what has happened in the past so it is time to let it go. I have been to most of Saints games this year and havent seen anything worth complaining about. Nothing wrong with supporters being passionate as long as it doesnt go overboard which can happen.
On the field. Should be an interesting game up the highway this weekend. Port should go in favourites with Saints picking up some injuries to key players last weekend. Port wernt convincing in their win over CTB. Haven't seen Relton Roberts name for a while and are the Shaw boys back for good?

I have it on a reliable source that the Shaw boys are back and the young fella (Justin White Leading goal kicker) has left permanently.

Kiss of death this week -

Souths in a tight one over Hawks (It's a big day for the Cutter Boys - playing for Kris Seivers Cup)
Port if they've got their heads together
Central but I'm hoping the Lions get up in an upset

Hawks by a fair bit, saints over port, centrals, heard shaw brothers are back for good, and Roberts and a few other nt boys left along with a few other players but earned a few good additions, and also heard white has left and moved to cairns from port? Still think saints will come good towards the pointy end of the season and we all know they are proven performers in finals football but can they overcome the in form hawks and will port gel together before the finals and take it up to the hawks, footy is tightening up and hope there is a roughy that can challenge for the flag but I'm still sticking with my mighty hawks

Heard white left port for country Vic, chasing money? I'd say Centrals are pretty certain 4 4th spot if they keep there current form 4 there next 3 games against lions souths and norths.

Yes that is correct... However I would suggest the 100+ point win in round 3 was probably a truer indication especially after there form lately... From accounts I've heard from the weekend they were up with 10 minutes left against port.. I guess the next month will show who clinches 4th

I think all three are pretty evenly matched. I think Norths would want it more because they're really building on something, where Souths and CTB seem to have a shorter term plan.

Norths would definitely benefit from a game (or two?) of finals football should they make it.

shorter term plan ???????? :confused:

Souths are building on something, building on the future, not one game or two
& why doesn't the Cutter want it want it as much :confused::confused::confused:

My Kiss of Death

Souths
Saints
Lions

Kris Seivers Memorial Match between Hawks & Souths reserves should be another good close match.
I know not many refer to the Magoo's on here or care about them.
but to inform those who don't know,

Kris passed away on the field at Fretwell Park in 2003. ex Souths players come out of the woodwork to play in this :footy: game

Yes that is correct... However I would suggest the 100+ point win in round 3 was probably a truer indication especially after there form lately... From accounts I've heard from the weekend they were up with 10 minutes left against port.. I guess the next month will show who clinches 4th

Ha! How can you judge a teams form from the start of the year? Yes Centrals pumped Norths in ROUND 3 but the last encounter surely is a truer indication of form.

shorter term plan ???????? :confused:

Souths are building on something, building on the future, not one game or two
& why doesn't the Cutter want it want it as much :confused::confused::confused:

My Kiss of Death

Souths
Saints
Lions

Kris Seivers Memorial Match between Hawks & Souths reserves should be another good close match.
I know not many refer to the Magoo's on here or care about them.
but to inform those who don't know,

Kris passed away on the field at Fretwell Park in 2003. ex Souths players come out of the woodwork to play in this :footy: game

Your right Tamba the 2's dont get much of a run on here. I try and give a score where i can but apart from that theres not much. But saying that its really a 2 horse race in the 2's with Saints and Port bearly been touched all season long. Port would have to be favourites at this stage after their effort against Saints first time around

Ha! How can you judge a teams form from the start of the year? Yes Centrals pumped Norths in ROUND 3 but the last encounter surely is a truer indication of form.

Yeah I reckon you're right there Barry59, teams have changed so much over the course of the year so far, you can't take any flogging dealt by any team in those early rounds as an indication of current form. City's excepted i guess. Sorry City followers, but I calls em as I sees em:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back