AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Beetham was asked to leave the club, why would they deny his clearance? See a few names back at Manunda, those 12 players missing from last week might not get a game this week....

Top 4 will be a great race, I can only see Cities (sorry to their aspiations) as the team who are no chance to make the finals.

Well, missed last week, and only coverage I have had is from the correspondence on the holy grail here, so excuse me if I make some outlandish comments?

Beaver, think he left of his own accord, but a good idea apparently!

See on the transfer page the Hawks have some lads from NT coming, no suprise, but 1 of them was BOG in the NT Granny i here, so can play, scrmygor goes good, dunno about the 3rd guy, Misah?? Anyone?

Heard the Hawks no. 5 was pretty ordinary in what he done, agree that the umpires need to sort that shit out, cardinal sin kicking?

Port recruits will be better for the run, expect great improvement from them this week.

CTB, well has anyone heard if the 5-6 from Vic have arrived yet, and where is the big blond CHF, MIA?? What goin on there??

Good on the cutters, we alll hate em, but there improvement is well deserved, hopefully they land a win soon.

Said all along the Tigers would get better, I expect them in the 4,

Cities in for a long one, stick with it lads, give it your best each week, do yourselves and club proud.

Saint handed out a lesson to the Hawks boys, easily the top ranked team in the comp.

Leading goal kicker topic, I like it, would think the winning total will be around the 40-50 mark max, so looking at Pittorino, Hallas, Poyner, Gav Miller maybe, geez dunno, maybe some young kid will slip under the gaurd and snag a fair few, but good competition this year!

Good luck this weekend to all teams, love the banter about guys missing, my theory is you can only play with what you have, and if you have enough to make a game of it, then thats your best side!! Isnt it???

From the results in the first 2 weeks i think we will see a fairly even season. Maybe Cities might be the only team who get a touch up most weeks but the rest of the comp seems pretty even. The fight for the top 4 should go down to the wire which is great for the comp and something we havent seen for a few seasons. This week

Port v Hawks: At home Port should be just too strong but dont count Hawks out, they will be keen for a good showing after last weeks effort.

CTB v Norths: Another close one with CTB just getting the points. 2 goals.

Souths v Cities: Should see Souths chalk up their first points of the season quite easily. 5 goals for mine.

The goalkicking should be a great tussle.

I think 50-60 might be a little low.

Hallas is already on 12 from 2 games and it's an 18 game season.

Even at only 3 goals a game, that's 54 goals.

If Walsh comes back mid-year that might put a halt on the other Saints goalkickers, giving guys from other clubs a chance, while he makes a lunge for the finish.

Might not be able to see it on the video, but 8 Saints players who all saw it (including one on the receiving end of it and myself) aren't wrong. All huff and puff, that bloke, went quiet when he'd had two goals kicked on him in the first 10 minutes though. One he wouldn't even stand the mark, the other he got out muscled by the least muscly person alive.

From the results in the first 2 weeks i think we will see a fairly even season. Maybe Cities might be the only team who get a touch up most weeks but the rest of the comp seems pretty even. The fight for the top 4 should go down to the wire which is great for the comp and something we havent seen for a few seasons. This week

Port v Hawks: At home Port should be just too strong but dont count Hawks out, they will be keen for a good showing after last weeks effort.

CTB v Norths: Another close one with CTB just getting the points. 2 goals.

Souths v Cities: Should see Souths chalk up their first points of the season quite easily. 5 goals for mine.

Hawks in a tight one

Souths

CTB very close

Saints --- oh yeah they will beat the bye ---LOL ;)

It started as two blokes wrestling, fairly normal stuff. Then one guy started kicking, then it was stacks on the mill trying to stop the one guy kicking, while the Hawks guys tried to drag the Saints guys out of it.

There were plenty of Hawks players who saw it too, which is probably why there wasn't such a reaction from them.

It was studs to the face more than full blown kicks, but repeated and deliberate.

Lots of people are nice guys off the field and complete ferals on it. Seem to think once they're on a football field they can do anything. Fists (except to the ball) are not welcome on the field either, knuckle-dragger!

Though in saying that I do not condone kicks to the head, but a fist is always welcomed.

Absolute rubbish, this is football, try boxing if you like to fight, but you and I both know youd prolly get your arse handed to ya in the 1st round.

Violence on the field is still violence and should be treated as assault in my opinion. If you think its okay to punch someone on the field then you need to take a long hard look at yourself, you can seriously hurt someone with this mentality and the CAFL definitely doesnt need it. Trying to intentionally kick someone should warrant the worst penalty, banned.

Too many people get "white line fever" and think its okay to go out there and be some wannabe tough c*** and punch people in the face. ITS NOT ON.

This is something that all clubs need to make sure they deal with. If you have one of these self-proclaimed tough guys at your club, get around him and let him know that hardness at the footy is rewarded but bringing fists to the game doesn't make you tough, it makes you fn stupid and it brings absolute horror to your club (see NCFC 2004 which is STILL haunting them)

Just to clarify for people who may of misinterpreted what I meant. I wasn't condoning someone walking onto the field looking for the smallest or best player and flogging them. I was simply referring to if someone hits, elbows, gouges etc a player I have no issue with them defending themselves, though dont condone a boot. Thats all I meant by using a fist.

I've never played violently during my short playing time and never seek to hit or seriously injure a player with force from fist, boot or head. Though all of our primal instincts reflect us in defending ourselves accordingly.

Hawks in a tight one

Souths

CTB very close

Saints --- oh yeah they will beat the bye ---LOL ;)

Good call on the Saints Tamba, reckon they will have about 16 byes this year!!!!

Hawks by 13pts in a good old fashioned winner take all contest

Cutters by 46pts, but some stiff resistance from the Lions

CTB and Tigers in a draw, and a blue or 2 along the way!

This is something that all clubs need to make sure they deal with. If you have one of these self-proclaimed tough guys at your club, get around him and let him know that hardness at the footy is rewarded but bringing fists to the game doesn't make you tough, it makes you fn stupid and it brings absolute horror to your club (see NCFC 2004 which is STILL haunting them)

Not sure that 2004 is still haunting NCFC, I think it is still an issue for certain non NCFC people in this Town who will NEVER get over it. Whilst we should never pretend that it didnt happen, the whole comp needs to move on, it was 7 years ago for god's sake & they have paid the price.

Anyway looks like a good weekend of footy coming up & hopefully a dry one at that. Not sure which game to go & watch!!!!

A few new names in some teams this week. Centrals seem to have a few that I haven't seen before, maybe the 5-6 they've said were coming have arrived. Port and Hawks also seem to have their full Darwin contingent named, will be an interesting clash as alot of them play fro the same
side (Wanderers) in Darwin. Mishai Perry, very good player, saw him a few years ago up there when he was a kid, great skills but also the type that played 2 games then went missing for 3. Time will tell with all of them, but I know one thing, they don't leave Darwin for the love of the game, it must be costing these clubs a penny or two to get (and keep) them here.
Port by 20 points
Souths by 30
Norths by 1

A few new names in some teams this week. Centrals seem to have a few that I haven't seen before, maybe the 5-6 they've said were coming have arrived. Port and Hawks also seem to have their full Darwin contingent named, will be an interesting clash as alot of them play fro the same
side (Wanderers) in Darwin. Mishai Perry, very good player, saw him a few years ago up there when he was a kid, great skills but also the type that played 2 games then went missing for 3. Time will tell with all of them, but I know one thing, they don't leave Darwin for the love of the game, it must be costing these clubs a penny or two to get (and keep) them here.
Port by 20 points
Souths by 30
Norths by 1

Word has it that there was a massive (in more ways than one) signing at Hawks last night!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word has it that there was a massive (in more ways than one) signing at Hawks last night!

Is that a big snag joke?

If so, there hasn't been enough of that on here.

If not, lift your game everyone.

Perhaps, based on those 'ins' I should extend the margins in the CTB and Port games. to about 5 goal victors each.

No doubt Relton will jet in his first game, especially being just at the end of the season, they'll still be fresh (perhaps too fresh if they won the flag)

Port by 20 points
Souths by 30
Norths by 1

The love of the game?????????????

Watsons when i once played the greatest game in the world, albeit a fairly long time ago, it was exactly that, for the love of the game, nowdays it is for the love of the dollar, and then some!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be interested in what it is costing the Hawks and Port clubs for the privelidge of bringing these guys down here, not that it is a bad thing for the comp, as it will only improve the standard, BUT, the question i raise, is at what cost, given i am a preacher of using the young talent that the clubs must raise thru the ranks.

Now if the clubs are getting them for nicks, or minimal cost, is it such a bad thing, as I can only presume from the outside of both clubs, that they would not be silly enough to break the clubs by bringing in imports, as some other clubs in the comp have done in the past, again, I am looking in from the outside, so I really dont know.

Are both these clubs financial enough to pay big bucks??? I dont think so, but i was wrong once before, 1988 i believe?????

Not sure that 2004 is still haunting NCFC, I think it is still an issue for certain non NCFC people in this Town who will NEVER get over it. Whilst we should never pretend that it didnt happen, the whole comp needs to move on, it was 7 years ago for god's sake & they have paid the price.

Anyway looks like a good weekend of footy coming up & hopefully a dry one at that. Not sure which game to go & watch!!!!

Couldnt agree more scorpion, that was then, this is now, yes it occured, so lets just move foward and get on with the many seasons ahead of us, if thats the worst thing that has happened in someones life (07 GF), well grab a mate and head down to the kids ward at the local hospital and see what life is really about!!

Is that a big snag joke?

If so, there hasn't been enough of that on here.

If not, lift your game everyone.

Perhaps, based on those 'ins' I should extend the margins in the CTB and Port games. to about 5 goal victors each.

No doubt Relton will jet in his first game, especially being just at the end of the season, they'll still be fresh (perhaps too fresh if they won the flag)

Relton never played in the flag, in fact he hasnt played for a long time and when he did it was in the reserves for Wanderers. So he'll be a long way from being a jet. Although when he gets it he'll be hard to grab!

Couldnt agree more scorpion, that was then, this is now, yes it occured, so lets just move foward and get on with the many seasons ahead of us, if thats the worst thing that has happened in someones life (07 GF), well grab a mate and head down to the kids ward at the local hospital and see what life is really about!!

Here here!

A few new names in some teams this week. Centrals seem to have a few that I haven't seen before, maybe the 5-6 they've said were coming have arrived.

Have noticed that they still haven't named Mt Bartlett Frere :confused:
Heard out at Trinity beach that he has gone to Hawks??
Young tigers copped a flogging out there yesterday, in front at qu time but after that... 21 goals to 3, ouch. Think we might have to raise goalkicking total, bulldogs new full forward/on baller Lee Campbell, exSydney swan apparently, absolutely dominated wherever he went and ended up with 13. Most complete game I've seen up here for a while. Along with a few other new faces, the dogs have definitely improved...

Anyone have the results from yesterdays Centrals V Norths game? AFL Cairns site has update their results & ladder but not with the result of this game....Odd.

Don't reckon the Crocs are as on tune as they think they are ,

struggled against Souths the week before

& flogged by Hawks this week

and don't give us the rot, players out senerio,

all clubs have them missing for some reason or other

Don't reckon the Crocs are as on tune as they think they are ,

struggled against Souths the week before

& flogged by Hawks this week

and don't give us the rot, players out senerio,

all clubs have them missing for some reason or other
Tamba old mate, just been flicking through some old notes, and can't find anywhere that the Crocs have stated that they are one tune this season or anything of them saying that they have players missing or the ROT that you speak of,, if you can let me know where that is printed anywhere , i would be more than appreciative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back