AFL CAIRNS - Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey lads new to all this.. Looking at moving up to bris or far north in the next month. I'm currently ass coach in melb but for family reason want to move. I have played tac cup and am 183 cm 86 kg. could someone point me in the right direction. Looking for a decent family orientated club.

Hey lads new to all this.. Looking at moving up to bris or far north in the next month. I'm currently arse coach in melb but for family reason want to move. I have played tac cup and am 183 cm 86 kg. could someone point me in the right direction. Looking for a decent family orientated club.

You are an arse coach? Interesting...

Assistant sorry bloody auto correct
Foe a family friendly club who have established a great culture over the past few years you cant go past the City Lions. We have had limited success over the past few years but we are building through our excellent juniors under a very experienced coach in Jason Roe, who has been involved at AFL & SANFL level. If you want to be part of a resurrgent club with great excitement building about our 2013, we are the club for you. Call Jason Roe on 0438344007 for a chat, he's very approachable, love to have you. Cheers.

Bit puzzled by these comments, Lions thumped Centrals by similar margin than Norths did, then ran the Tigers (who looked impressive) to within 2 goals in a game they could have won with a little more composure? Still have 8 bona fide senior players to come into the side. To say they are "way off the mark" & lump them with Centrals is daft.... Underestimate the 2013 Lions at your peril....

My comment was in reference to depth of both clubs (Centrals and Lions). At full strength Lions are very good!

I have heard Martin is on serious coin and is demanding to plays ones right away or he will leave for the second highest paying club! Souths?

From what i heard last Thursday, the coaches and leadership group have already been confirmed and Martin is not in that list. Saints from what i know being on past committee's do not pay players outside the incentive system. Nearly every clubs has an award system. Players come because of the culture and the quality people involved with the saints. What was game like on weekend? How did final play out?

I have heard Martin is on serious coin and is demanding to plays ones right away or he will leave for the second highest paying club! Souths?

haha yeah good one you couldnt be anymore wrong. I've heard Martin say at training last Thursday he is happy to play the earlier game and earn his spot. And as if he won't play ones straight away... clearly going to be in the top 21 players at the Saints. Very happy to have him on board.

Hasn't been mentioned but congrats to Nth Cairns taking out the womens comp on the weekend. Very dominate display.

haha yeah good one you couldnt be anymore wrong. I've heard Martin say at training last Thursday he is happy to play the earlier game and earn his spot. And as if he won't play ones straight away... clearly going to be in the top 21 players at the Saints. Very happy to have him on board.

Hasn't been mentioned but congrats to Nth Cairns taking out the womens comp on the weekend. Very dominate display.

That's a good start. I know a few of the players are probably happier to be playing with him than against him judging the last few years when he has been one of hawks best against us.

Well done to Norths women's team! Clearly some of those girls will be due for higher honours ;)

Norths v Saints final score suggest it was too wet to make a decent call on the game, from what I saw very early both clubs will be the front runner in the comp this year with North maybe the leader come the pointy end.

Happy with Souths v Centrals some predictable play though. Will be carved up by the better teams if we keep doing this. Though there were a lot out and you can never take much away from a trial match. Centrals I hope played their Reserve team because ONE LONG YEAR AHEAD for them. Yes they did challenge us in places in the quarters, once the ladz got the roll on no structure was seen.
Souths yellow card was deserved, he (the player in question) admitted it, a late hit, but the Red ( in the same indecent) was shocking for Centrals, then their coach ( or was it the Manager on the bench) carried on like a two bob watch from the bench, being restrained by at least two players at one stage yelling abuse at the South player coming off and wanting to take him on. Goose in the highest degree.

We play them at Trinity Beach in Round 2, which will be an interesting encounter.

Who is the president down there this year Flinstone? Did you give it any thought? The clearance board looks busy for Hawks, 12 outs & similar in's...

Norm Miller is looking after things with a more than enthusiastic committee behind him and no, I'm happy to be sitting on the boundary line and will assist where needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norm Miller is looking after things with a more than enthusiastic committee behind him and no, I'm happy to be sitting on the boundary line and will assist where needed.

Is it me or is Gribble a tad sad about all the departures? What is happening down at cazalys for them all to leave? Is the lease on the ground use almost up? ;)

My kiss of death for Round 1 -

I think Saints will be too strong for Hawks.

Although it's always a hard task to win at the Croc Pit, I think the Crocs will get up in a tight over the Doggies.

As for the other game, Norths will triumph over the Lions. However in saying that, I believe the Lions will be in for a big season.

My preliminary pick for the final 4 in no particular order -
Saints
Norths
Cutters
Bulldogs or Lions

:cool:

Don't know marching, individuals make their decisions for various reasons and I say good luck to them.

Just noticed the last two major right ups have been about the Hawks losses..... Its never fun loosing players but every club goes through it. Look at the turn overs in Port every year, no sad stories about Brad Cooper ;)

My Tips

Saints (10 goals plus in wet)
Norths (15 goals)
Port (10 goals)

Lions are strong on their home dung hill but tigers are looking all class with Ellich, Ricter, Allick all coming in on the ball from what the paper says. Port will run very well up there and will be too fast and nimble for the Dogs. Saints will be too classy over the younger bodies of the developing hawks. Am concerned Hawks have no known bigs so will be a very keen observer tonight from Cazalys social bar to see who is going to tap the ball to kleenex gribble ;)

My kiss of death for Round 1 -

I think Saints will be too strong for Hawks.

Although it's always a hard task to win at the Croc Pit, I think the Crocs will get up in a tight over the Doggies.

As for the other game, Norths will triumph over the Lions. However in saying that, I believe the Lions will be in for a big season.

My preliminary pick for the final 4 in no particular order -
Saints
Norths
Cutters
Bulldogs or Lions

:cool:

Saints by 8 goals
Port by 10 goals... How many of ports 1s side this week were there last yr?? had just as many leave as the hawks
North by 20 goals...

First weekend:
Who will kick the goals for Lions??
Martin line up against his old team in Hawks
How will Ports new recruits go?
Have the Bulldogs improved at all?

Saints by 8 goals
Port by 10 goals... How many of ports 1s side this week were there last yr?? had just as many leave as the hawks
North by 20 goals...

First weekend:
Who will kick the goals for Lions??
Martin line up against his old team in Hawks
How will Ports new recruits go?
Have the Bulldogs improved at all?

DRK i forgot about the Martin home coming to Cazalys but you have overlooked young Alexandra Carter ;) i noticed his name just before on the ball with Gribble that will last until the first tackle or until after the first quarter and then up will go the hand to be subbed off ;)

As per Lions, very good question....... Heard a whisper a new onballer from the WAFL will quote 'rip it up' this year....... Cairns City Lion, you able to shed some light on this new recruit?

Port....... Mystery team this year and will be watched with eager eyes as Teasdale is back sniffing around and he only does when there is $$$ and a chance to figure in September!

Is it me or is Gribble a tad sad about all the departures? What is happening down at cazalys for them all to leave? Is the lease on the ground use almost up? ;)

The funny thing is, and Gribble probably doesn't even know, that Hawks were the ones who started recruiting locally, grabbing the likes of Rundle, Lane, Alick back in 05. What the paper doesn't say is most of these players are returning to their junior club (Ehlich, Alick, Buller, Wray) Powell got the cricket connection down south and Martin... well who knows;)
saints port tigers for me. big day at Watsons tomorrow

The funny thing is, and Gribble probably doesn't even know, that Hawks were the ones who started recruiting locally, grabbing the likes of Rundle, Lane, Alick back in 05. What the paper doesn't say is most of these players are returning to their junior club (Ehlich, Alick, Buller, Wray) Powell got the cricket connection down south and Martin... well who knows;)
saints port tigers for me. big day at Watsons tomorrow

Haha, Potts & Marto at it again lol

Went and watched a couple of games this round with results probably going the way everyone thought.
Saints v Hawks. Conditions were ok at Cazalys with the middle of the ground pretty bad. Hawks made the score look respectable by dropping a couple loose men back all game but Saints did dominate most of the game with Hawks having nobody real threatening up forward. Gribble must be a good coach because he is like an ugly guy at a night club,has no problem getting down and dirty but has nothing to show for it at the end. He does have alot of young talent in the club to work with which is plus for the Hawks in years to come if he hangs around.

Norths v Cities. Easy win for Norths with their multiple goal kickers too much for Lions. Mueller,Liddy,Ehlich,Clough and Thorne all dangerous and multiple goal kickers. Clough was a stoundout for me as he dominated all day. Lions did use the ball very well but had no target up forward except for Gross who did play well but his at his size isnt going to be enough for Lions. Add Lewis to that team and they would be thinking finals for sure. They said in the program it wasnt their best team in so lets hope a key forward was a guy missing and can help them.

Went and watched a couple of games this round with results probably going the way everyone thought.
Saints v Hawks. Conditions were ok at Cazalys with the middle of the ground pretty bad. Hawks made the score look respectable by dropping a couple loose men back all game but Saints did dominate most of the game with Hawks having nobody real threatening up forward. Gribble must be a good coach because he is like an ugly guy at a night club,has no problem getting down and dirty but has nothing to show for it at the end. He does have alot of young talent in the club to work with which is plus for the Hawks in years to come if he hangs around.

Norths v Cities. Easy win for Norths with their multiple goal kickers too much for Lions. Mueller,Liddy,Ehlich,Clough and Thorne all dangerous and multiple goal kickers. Clough was a stoundout for me as he dominated all day. Lions did use the ball very well but had no target up forward except for Gross who did play well but his at his size isnt going to be enough for Lions. Add Lewis to that team and they would be thinking finals for sure. They said in the program it wasnt their best team in so lets hope a key forward was a guy missing and can help them.

I was at the Saints/Hawks game and I thought both teams were sloppy. Saints definitely weren't up to their normal par and looked a bit rusty. Hawks had their opportunities and failed to capitalise. Martin copped some stick at his Cazaly's home coming with one Hawks supporter voicing his opinions to Martin when close enough. A bit of biff at the end of the 3rd quarter but I din't see how it started.

Centrals and Lions have work to do as well. It obviously was a more than dominant display of football from the Tigers. Any reports Watsons??

Well, Rd 2 is upon us already. Kiss of death for this week -

Tigers V Saints shapes up as a good game on paper and if the Tigers can keep their heads together I think they could get up up over the formidable Saints. Tigers to get up in a tight one.

Centrals V Cutters, it will be interesting to see how the Cutters go with their new recruits. However at this stage I think they'll be too strong for the Centrals outfit. Cutters to get up.

Lions V Hawks, both teams will be keen to make up for their 1st Round losses. I think the Hawks should get up however I don't think the Lions will give it away cheaply. Hawks to win.
;)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL CAIRNS - Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back