AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you say were best for Wildcats. Ainslie are still arguing amongst themselves but they dont have the players to back it up.

There was a kid on the wing running around in 27. Definitely had a bit. Nobody else stood out particularly - you can just see signs though. However there are a couple of fat old bastards running around who would struggle to make any other clubs reserves sides.

Did Kian Ebert play for Ainslie in the seconds. There was some bloke named as the best but is was Abert, - reports are that the former Qtigers premiership player has resurfaced after wandering around the countryside - he must be about 34 by now. :cool:

He did.

Touched us up. Waltzed around and did what he wanted pretty much all day.

Cian Ebert. Former Griffith premiership coach and Corowa Rutherglen coach as well. Not a bad player at all but certainly in his time at Griffith he had the tools to work with. He will be remembered as the guy that broke the Griffith finals hoodoo.

Was not a bad player at all and the big grounds in the Riverina suited him perfectly. Would be a good player to provide leadership for younger players but considering the current plight at Ainslie maybe they would consider him for a senior position, they could do worse!!!

Cian Ebert. Former Griffith premiership coach and Corowa Rutherglen coach as well. Not a bad player at all but certainly in his time at Griffith he had the tools to work with. He will be remembered as the guy that broke the Griffith finals hoodoo.

Was not a bad player at all and the big grounds in the Riverina suited him perfectly. Would be a good player to provide leadership for younger players but considering the current plight at Ainslie maybe they would consider him for a senior position, they could do worse!!!
Don't worry Guru the folks around know who he is especially the folks out Queanbeyan way. he has most recently been coaching in Cairns. Believe there would be a few Queanbeyan blokes that wouldn't mind knocking his block off. Wouldn't surprise me if a few even pulled the boots back on after there recent retirements. Would add even more spice to an Ainslie Queanbeyan contest.:D

Don't worry Guru the folks around know who he is especially the folks out Queanbeyan way. he has most recently been coaching in Cairns. Believe there would be a few Queanbeyan blokes that wouldn't mind knocking his block off. Wouldn't surprise me if a few even pulled the boots back on after there recent retirements. Would add even more spice to an Ainslie Queanbeyan contest.:D

Whats the story with ebert and queanbeyan? Did the dirty did he?:eek:

Whats the story with ebert and queanbeyan? Did the dirty did he?:eek:
well he left town on the eve of a match about round 10 in 1999 with another players spouse.:thumbsdown: The other player in question has a bit of a reputation as being a hard tough man:mad: . Put it this way lucky ainslie have already played queanbeyan at queanbeyan i think you'd find Cian unavailable that day:D

well he left town on the eve of a match about round 10 in 1999 with another players spouse.:thumbsdown: The other player in question has a bit of a reputation as being a hard tough man:mad: . Put it this way lucky ainslie have already played queanbeyan at queanbeyan i think you'd find Cian unavailable that day:D

All the stories about Ebert are true, he quickly left ACT with a players spouse. He had as much courage off the field as on. He is a soft p*ick and needs to be punished!!

Re: Frawley

How about that huge man mountain, the dollar king Frawley. Played only a part of the game last week, got a bump in a marking duel by someone half his size and went off the rest of the game. You have got to be kidding!! How soft is that! Looks like Tarzan, Plays like Jane. Word from the O&M is that this is his go- he looks frightening but when put to the test, is weak as p**.

Bourke played well however, and could prove to be a good aquistion. neely was handy picking up a heap of kicks, but there was not that much talent in the Ainslie side. Rumour has it that the coach is itching to pull the boots on to show some toughness and leadership.

QTigers were deplorable after three quarter time yesterday - they wont match it with Eastlake and Belconnen in coming weeks. More than likely will slide out of the four based on their current form. All the hipe around them being a premiership contender went out the window yesterday - very ordinary. :mad: Swans swept them aside with ease. Anyone else see the game, if so what were your thoughts ?

QTigers were deplorable after three quarter time yesterday - they wont match it with Eastlake and Belconnen in coming weeks. More than likely will slide out of the four based on their current form. All the hipe around them being a premiership contender went out the window yesterday - very ordinary. :mad: Swans swept them aside with ease. Anyone else see the game, if so what were your thoughts ?

I left at 3/4 time but up to then the Swans looked like they never got out of second gear and were still smashing Qnbyn all over the park. Who is #10 for the Tigers? He was totally owned at CHF all day.

Qbyn were just very very poor. I agree with Original, I can't see them beating too many of the better credentialled sides with that sort of performance.

You'll get no arguments from me there. The Tigers were S*&thouse after 3 quarter time. I did think that the swans were beatable but from the past two weeks, i reckon they'll get back to back to back premierships and remain undefeated for 3 years.
I still think its great that they are in the competition because it provides great exposure for our comp and gives it some credibility. I have heard that the Swans administration are very happy with the ability to play their reserves where they want and have more control over their developemnt. Which is totally different to what is available to AFL clubs in Melbourne. I think they have to pay a licence fee to be affliated with them and then they just pass on the extra's each week. They really have no control over where players are played and feedback to the AFL clubs is via another clubs coaching staff, which can be difficult at times.
Anyway you can rest assured the swans will get another win over aisnlie this weekend.
My tips this week:
Wildcats v Tuggeranong (Tuggeranong easy)
Swans v Ainslie (Swans easy)
Eastlake v Queanbeyan (Queanbeyan by 2 goals)

You'll get no arguments from me there. The Tigers were S*&thouse after 3 quarter time. I did think that the swans were beatable but from the past two weeks, i reckon they'll get back to back to back premierships and remain undefeated for 3 years.
I still think its great that they are in the competition because it provides great exposure for our comp and gives it some credibility. I have heard that the Swans administration are very happy with the ability to play their reserves where they want and have more control over their developemnt. Which is totally different to what is available to AFL clubs in Melbourne. I think they have to pay a licence fee to be affliated with them and then they just pass on the extra's each week. They really have no control over where players are played and feedback to the AFL clubs is via another clubs coaching staff, which can be difficult at times.
Anyway you can rest assured the swans will get another win over aisnlie this weekend.
My tips this week:
Wildcats v Tuggeranong (Tuggeranong easy)
Swans v Ainslie (Swans easy)
Eastlake v Queanbeyan (Queanbeyan by 2 goals)

Milfan - The Demons will beat Qbn by 8 goals based on yesterdays game. They have injuries worries to at least four players all of whom did not take any part in the game after about half way through the third quarter. There stuffed across the border !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I left at 3/4 time but up to then the Swans looked like they never got out of second gear and were still smashing Qnbyn all over the park. Who is #10 for the Tigers? He was totally owned at CHF all day.

Qbyn were just very very poor. I agree with Original, I can't see them beating too many of the better credentialled sides with that sort of performance.

Number 10 is James Kavanagh, i'm not sure whether u meant that he was great or got a bath, if you are suggesting he got a bath, you must have been watching another game on Sunday, he tore the swans apart, was the only QBN player that kicked mutiple goals and was named second best. Agreed QBN were woeful in the last qtr, i've said it before and i will say it again.... NO TEAM WILL GET WITH IN 6 GOALS OF THE SWANS!!!

ALL CANBERRA TEAMS ARE PLAYING FOR SECOND PLACE, it's unfotunate, but you can't compare full time professional footballers with part time amateurs.

Sorry to be pedantic but belconnen lost be 34pts, which is within 6 goals of the swans, Belco had there chances in that game to, Brock Weston hit the post three times in the third qtr and Belco got within 16pts in time on in the last. Magpies can beat them, Eastlake arent fit enough or care enough to beat them and QBN, result speaks for itself.

Number 10 is James Kavanagh, i'm not sure whether u meant that he was great or got a bath, if you are suggesting he got a bath, you must have been watching another game on Sunday, he tore the swans apart, was the only QBN player that kicked mutiple goals and was named second best.

Three blokes sitting around me agreed that he was terrible on Sunday. He might have got named in the best but that's like being named the prettiest woman in Iraq, it doesn't really mean that much.

Three blokes sitting around me agreed that he was terrible on Sunday. He might have got named in the best but that's like being named the prettiest woman in Iraq, it doesn't really mean that much.

So i was right! You were watching a differant game to the one that i was watching on Sunday at MDO. The bloke has won the league goal kicking for the last two years, not to mention the points that i raised before. They don't name people in the best if they weren't one of the best players. SIMPLE.

Maybe if you focussed on what happens on the field and understood it a bit more, you wouldn't be the 3rd Grade Maggy. Untill then, good luck to ya!;)

So i was right! You were watching a differant game to the one that i was watching on Sunday at MDO. The bloke has won the league goal kicking for the last two years, not to mention the points that i raised before. They don't name people in the best if they weren't one of the best players. SIMPLE.

Maybe if you focussed on what happens on the field and understood it a bit more, you wouldn't be the 3rd Grade Maggy. Untill then, good luck to ya!;)

I have no doubt he's a good player. He was just outplayed on Sunday. He did not take a contested mark. He was lead under the ball. He pulled out of two contests that I counted. He may well have had a mighty last quarter after I'd left but for the three quarters before that he had his colours lowered significantly. Some people watch the game, some watch the results. Each to their own.

I have no doubt he's a good player. He was just outplayed on Sunday. He did not take a contested mark. He was lead under the ball. He pulled out of two contests that I counted. He may well have had a mighty last quarter after I'd left but for the three quarters before that he had his colours lowered significantly. Some people watch the game, some watch the results. Each to their own.

i was at MDO on the weekend and kavanagh took about 10 marks - and i counted at least 5 that were contested and strong grabs. i reckon you might have been watching a different game too mate.

the other good one on one was roy jaques and grundy. they were both hard at it all day, but i think jaques got the better of him in the end.

i was at MDO on the weekend and kavanagh took about 10 marks - and i counted at least 5 that were contested and strong grabs. i reckon you might have been watching a different game too mate.

the other good one on one was roy jaques and grundy. they were both hard at it all day, but i think jaques got the better of him in the end.

Each to their own I guess. It stood out for us though that he was having a dirty day. Agree on Jaques though - I thought he was excellent.

Each to their own I guess. It stood out for us though that he was having a dirty day. Agree on Jaques though - I thought he was excellent.

Your a 3rd grade maggy and u support southampton:eek: :eek: ??? enuf said!!

#10 was easily Qbn's best target up forward, took several strong grabs, ran hard all day and was one of few that could walk off the ground and look you in the eye

Your a 3rd grade maggy and u support southampton:eek: :eek: ??? enuf said!!

#10 was easily Qbn's best target up forward, took several strong grabs, ran hard all day and was one of few that could walk off the ground and look you in the eye
Impossible to do a bit high with someone so low. Third grade maggy thinks his an expert on footy yet he is a third grade player. Get some reccomendations and some quality credentials and then come on here and comment on a higher level of football then you've obviously never played. If Kavanagh was named in Queanbeyans best after the side was smashed he obviously was in Queanbeyan's best I've played many seasons at Queanbeyan and i know after a loss like that they wouldn't be about to piss in someones pocket by naming him in the best if it wasn't warrented.

I guess that's the beauty of the internet. You just never know who is behind the username. Bit of a useless attack really.

I'm not here to fight - I don't know the guy from a pinch of shit and it was just my opinion (supported by blokes around me) that he had a dirty day. You disagree, that's fine. That's why footy's great - we all have opinions and see things through different eyes.

I think we could agree that the Swans were good, Queanbeyan weren't, Jacques played well in defence and Phillips from the Swans is a tosser. And that MDO is an awesome place to watch footy.

I guess that's the beauty of the internet. You just never know who is behind the username. Bit of a useless attack really.

I'm not here to fight - I don't know the guy from a pinch of shit and it was just my opinion (supported by blokes around me) that he had a dirty day. You disagree, that's fine. That's why footy's great - we all have opinions and see things through different eyes.

I think we could agree that the Swans were good, Queanbeyan weren't, Jacques played well in defence and Phillips from the Swans is a tosser. And that MDO is an awesome place to watch footy.

You are a very harsh critic 3GM, and a bit of a tosser. And Southampton are a bunch of girls a bit like you. I don't like you or your family, and I bet you go for Carlton too you wad of off jizz!
I heard that you play like a prissy girl on the footy field too.

Well not a lot of talk about Ainslies this week after a great win on the weekend!!!
Its about time we payed some credit to the young group they have their after coming back from 5 goals dowm at half time!!
Tony Bourke coached the side an did a great job in playing his best game for the year after chris rourke had to take some time off as his family go through a tough time.

WELL DONE AINSLIE GOOD TO SEE YOU DEVELOPING A GREAT YOUNG SIDE ON THE RISE!!!

Even the sun shines on a dogs arse some days.

Tuggeranong basically played with 16 players after half time, due to injury.
As for a young side, i disagree, they let most of their juniors go last year, and pretty much everyone else that knew how to play footy. However they have done alright in buying a team from around Australia.

But congratulations to them, I hope they Enjoy the win and celebrate hard, it may be the last one until the creek come around again. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back