AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you keep saying so and you also have not answered the query again about the segregation amongst your different sides probably due to it being fact, which reinforces exactly what we outside your club think about you guys.

I wouldn't say that either. We come at it from a different angle than the 1's and 2's. It's more about having a kick and a beer with the boys rather than working your ass off to play the highest level you can. We do mostly train separately - 60 blokes of vastly differing skill levels gets a bit problematic and wouldn't achieve much in the long run - but there are fairly regular group sessions.

Most of the boys get on great guns - in fact I'm about to head off to a farewell for one of the boys and I reckon the split will be 50/50 between Districts/ACTAFL boys there.

You're spot on with the website stuff. I don't know much about recruits but I know that the BMFC site is in the process of being completely overhauled with a view to at least being updated next season.

Just popped on for a minute to have a look and obviously there is no love lost between Qbyn and BMFC. Adam Carey is a good footballer big solid bloke who should do well over there as he carried Myrtleford for the year until he got injured, a bit like Stafford at tuggers. Ryan Plant and Mitch Reberger are the players going to SANFL to try out Planty is the better player but who knows, there weird the way they recruit players, they both still could do well. And the 2 players to Ainslie aren't from Tigers one is from GGGM and he's dad is running footy in the area and doing a terrible job so he gets into sides because of him, he's too small and not smart enough yet will struggle. Question what needs to be done to make footy successful over there?

you are crazy, lexie is a great player and an even better bloke

Haha, ok sorry lex, my mistake - i'm sure you're a great fella!

A few more hypotheticals to throw out there for everyone....

Apart from your own club, which club
- has the most party animals?
- has the best bunch of blokes?
- has the worst bunch of blokes?
- would you play for if money wasn't an issue?

Never had the pleasure of standing Lexie (but f*ck I wanted to!) he usually went to the 3rd or 4th best forward and from what I saw the lad was just an honest kid but not much chop. Belco seem to see things about him that we dont see every week.
Very mouthy for a kid and needed to be put in his place and didnt he have a new arseh*le torn for him by Kav in the Prelim. I made a comment in the commentary box pre game that he was over rated and thanks to Kav that was proven!

also lexie didnt play on kav in the pre-lim, simon curtis did, and when lexie was moved onto him in the 3rd quarter kav didnt kick a goal on him, the only player to consistantly shut down kav is lexie. when he was playing for ainslie and for qbn

im not lexie. i was just trying to say your point was way off in regards to him.

also lexie didnt play on kav in the pre-lim, simon curtis did, and when lexie was moved onto him in the 3rd quarter kav didnt kick a goal on him, the only player to consistantly shut down kav is lexie. when he was playing for ainslie and for qbn

I recon Takanen from Tuggies is the best in the comp at shutting down Kav - no easy task thats for sure!

No what I saw but if you say he didnt then Kav made 2 blokes look like nuff nuffs!

Ok the site has become slow again as no-one has or is willing to post hot goss from their ACT club. So I thought I would throw something out their to test the memories of some of you who have been around for a while. Looking for you to give me your best 22, in positions over the last 10 years. Years 98 - 07. I will put a list of players down for each zone, eg. forwards, backs, centres and you come up with your team. (We cant have 6 power forwards in the forward line, we need resting rovers and ruck rovers etc). Some players have played in and dominated in more than 1 zone so play them where you see best fit. I'm sure to miss some stars so you can add them in at your will, the list below is only a starting point. I would only say that a guy who has or did only play for a season or two should be ineligable. No swans players to be included either.

Forwards - Jason Watts (E), Jack Aziz (E), Ben Broad (B), Mark Armstrong (Q), James Kavanagh (A, Q), Michael Niesen (Q), Ben Aulich (B), Chris Smith (E,A), Scott Christie (WC, T), Brock Weston (B), Luke Ellis (Q).

Backs - Rene Ioppi (Q), Jon Elias (Q), Michael Goiser (Q), John Odwyer (Q), Paul Mclachlin (E), Jarrod Skidmore (E), Michael Gallagher (E), Eric Bowman (WC), Chris Davis (Q), Mick Carroll (T), Luke Jess (T), Stafford Cooper (T, A, E), Paul Raadts (B), Ken Merideth (B), Paul Grayling (A), Nathan Greatz (A), Roy Jaques (A, Q), Terry Okane (B)

Centres - Bill Neely (Q,A), Jay Kickett (T), Tim Steen (WC), Andrew Lieschke (Q), Ben Collins (E), Steve Mahar (B), Michael Horne (WC,E,B), Brett Knowles (A,B), Nathan Clarke (E), Daniel Jaques (WT, A, Q), Tony Bourke (E, A), Nathan McDonald (WT), Mitch Daniher (Q), Guy Cannon (E), Brett Matheson (B, Q), Steve Hazelman (B), Tony Wolski (Q), Steve Wilson (E), Guy Mertz (Q), David Jansen (WC, Q), Craig Lambert (B), Jason Gilbert (Q)

I have obviously missed many good players so feel free to add them in and please dont jump up and down if I missed someone who should definately be there (it is just a quick list I put together). I have also left out great players who were at the end of their careers as they would have made the decade before (eg, T Wynd, S Vizy etc), no-one has come up with the idea til now.

Go for it guys as this should generate controversial conversation...

Ok the site has become slow again as no-one has or is willing to post hot goss from their ACT club. So I thought I would throw something out their to test the memories of some of you who have been around for a while. Looking for you to give me your best 22, in positions over the last 10 years. Years 98 - 07. I will put a list of players down for each zone, eg. forwards, backs, centres and you come up with your team. (We cant have 6 power forwards in the forward line, we need resting rovers and ruck rovers etc). Some players have played in and dominated in more than 1 zone so play them where you see best fit. I'm sure to miss some stars so you can add them in at your will, the list below is only a starting point. I would only say that a guy who has or did only play for a season or two should be ineligable. No swans players to be included either.

Forwards - Jason Watts (E), Jack Aziz (E), Ben Broad (B), Mark Armstrong (Q), James Kavanagh (A, Q), Michael Niesen (Q), Ben Aulich (B), Chris Smith (E,A), Scott Christie (WC, T), Brock Weston (B), Luke Ellis (Q).

Backs - Rene Ioppi (Q), Jon Elias (Q), Michael Goiser (Q), John Odwyer (Q), Paul Mclachlin (E), Jarrod Skidmore (E), Michael Gallagher (E), Eric Bowman (WC), Chris Davis (Q), Mick Carroll (T), Luke Jess (T), Stafford Cooper (T, A, E), Paul Raadts (B), Ken Merideth (B), Paul Grayling (A), Nathan Greatz (A), Roy Jaques (A, Q), Terry Okane (B)

Centres - Bill Neely (Q,A), Jay Kickett (T), Tim Steen (WC), Andrew Lieschke (Q), Ben Collins (E), Steve Mahar (B), Michael Horne (WC,E,B), Brett Knowles (A,B), Nathan Clarke (E), Daniel Jaques (WT, A, Q), Tony Bourke (E, A), Nathan McDonald (WT), Mitch Daniher (Q), Guy Cannon (E), Brett Matheson (B, Q), Steve Hazelman (B), Tony Wolski (Q), Steve Wilson (E), Guy Mertz (Q), David Jansen (WC, Q), Craig Lambert (B), Jason Gilbert (Q)

I have obviously missed many good players so feel free to add them in and please dont jump up and down if I missed someone who should definately be there (it is just a quick list I put together). I have also left out great players who were at the end of their careers as they would have made the decade before (eg, T Wynd, S Vizy etc), no-one has come up with the idea til now.

just a few from belconnen as i have only been in the 1st grade system for 3-4 years, so dont know many from other clubs that you missed out on.

Forwards - Fonzy for belconnen had 3 good years in actafl.
centres - Snake campbell when he was on fire
backs - i know he has no skills but as a pure shut down backman, michael ghobrial

just a few from belconnen as i have only been in the 1st grade system for 3-4 years, so dont know many from other clubs that you missed out on.

backs - i know he has no skills but as a pure shut down backman, michael ghobrial

BD33 surely you have missed one of the best mid fielders - Chris York

Shuts them down and then takes over.

Definitely neglected snake and he should be on the list as for gobbers, I think I have made it clear what I think of him in a earlier post. But hey put your 22 together as you like

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Tuggers or Qbn
  2. As above
  3. Belco or Ainsle
  4. Tuggers

You know the best thing about that list - there are hardly any blokes who have played for more than one club.

I'm not going to put up a full 18 - most of my senior watching has been restricted to Belconnen or was back in 97-2000 days when I got to watch a few more senior games.

If Ben Broad had stayed around for more than 2 seasons he would be a lock for fullforward. I'll never forget his first game up here when he kicked 10 straight.

You'd probably have Kavanagh at CHF. Although Forys was massive for Belconnen there as well. You can't leave Armstrong out either. Nathan McNeill would be pretty handy in a pocket as well. Ben Aulich was an absolute gun and would have to be your sneaky pocket. I could probably even sneak a century goalkicker in there somewhere as well.

I reckon everyone would put Steve Maher and Steve Hazelman in their sides. I'd throw in the two Choppers Lambert/Cannon as well. Matheson was pretty handy too. i really rate Mitch Daniher with Queanbeyan this year - he's just a really good ball getter and user which everyone needs.

I can't leave out Ioppi in the backline. He's just rock solid. Ken Meredith because he was a hard bastard. Grayling (but how long was he around for) was good and that Eric Bowman for WC was really good back in teh day as well. Oakley could play a bit too. Terry O'Kane for run from the flanks.

Ricky Dolliver to coach. You've got to respect a bloke that has coached 1sts, 2nds, 18's, 3rds, 4ths, womens in that descending order!

You know the best thing about that list - there are hardly any blokes who have played for more than one club.

I'm not going to put up a full 18 - most of my senior watching has been restricted to Belconnen or was back in 97-2000 days when I got to watch a few more senior games.

If Ben Broad had stayed around for more than 2 seasons he would be a lock for fullforward. I'll never forget his first game up here when he kicked 10 straight.

You'd probably have Kavanagh at CHF. Although Forys was massive for Belconnen there as well. You can't leave Armstrong out either. Nathan McNeill would be pretty handy in a pocket as well. Ben Aulich was an absolute gun and would have to be your sneaky pocket. I could probably even sneak a century goalkicker in there somewhere as well.

I reckon everyone would put Steve Maher and Steve Hazelman in their sides. I'd throw in the two Choppers Lambert/Cannon as well. Matheson was pretty handy too. i really rate Mitch Daniher with Queanbeyan this year - he's just a really good ball getter and user which everyone needs.

I can't leave out Ioppi in the backline. He's just rock solid. Ken Meredith because he was a hard bastard. Grayling (but how long was he around for) was good and that Eric Bowman for WC was really good back in teh day as well. Oakley could play a bit too. Terry O'Kane for run from the flanks.

Ricky Dolliver to coach. You've got to respect a bloke that has coached 1sts, 2nds, 18's, 3rds, 4ths, womens in that descending order!

Well done 3GM for having a crack, pretty handy side although not in positions... Cant believe the other guys just thought certain guys should be on the list instead of picking a 22...What are they dumb as dogshit?
A side like this will always cause controversy so let me start by asking how have you left Jason Gilbert out? And pardon my ignorance but who was Nathan McNeill??

under 18s is a hell of a lot different to seniors though, how will he go with playing with the big boys?

BD33, I had the pleasure of watching this lad play a bity of footy and can assure you that he is not easily intimidated. Take a look at his achievements last season:
He won his Clubs (Eden Whalers) Under 17 Grade Best and Fairest Award in 2007 along with the Clubs 1st Grade Best and Fairest Award. Add to that the leading goal kicker for the 1st Grade team and the League Under 17 Best and Fairest. On top of that he gained the 2007 South East Region Academy of Sport - Male Athlete of the Year and managed to kick 2 goals for the Swans in the 1 game that he played for them. The Swans subsequently asked him to play more games but he turned them down!
Granted that the comp. down that way is not overly strong but the Swans don't pick Nuffies as top up players anymore - not like they used to 3 years ago! I am certain he will make his mark in senior football this year... bloody Ron Fowlie, surely he'd be more comfortable in retirement instead of taking the best young footballers in the SE region to the Tigers!:(

Well done 3GM for having a crack, pretty handy side although not in positions... Cant believe the other guys just thought certain guys should be on the list instead of picking a 22...What are they dumb as dogshit?
A side like this will always cause controversy so let me start by asking how have you left Jason Gilbert out? And pardon my ignorance but who was Nathan McNeill??

Let me work on my list tonight ABH - I would certainly have a spot for both Gilbert brothers though; they hunted together. Having said that; I don't think Jason had any where near as much mongrel in his game after Jeff retired!

BD33, I had the pleasure of watching this lad play a bity of footy and can assure you that he is not easily intimidated. Take a look at his achievements last season:
He won his Clubs (Eden Whalers) Under 17 Grade Best and Fairest Award in 2007 along with the Clubs 1st Grade Best and Fairest Award. Add to that the leading goal kicker for the 1st Grade team and the League Under 17 Best and Fairest. On top of that he gained the 2007 South East Region Academy of Sport - Male Athlete of the Year and managed to kick 2 goals for the Swans in the 1 game that he played for them. The Swans subsequently asked him to play more games but he turned them down!
Granted that the comp. down that way is not overly strong but the Swans don't pick Nuffies as top up players anymore - not like they used to 3 years ago! I am certain he will make his mark in senior football this year... bloody Ron Fowlie, surely he'd be more comfortable in retirement instead of taking the best young footballers in the SE region to the Tigers!:(

yeah i've only heard good things about this kid too though. I dont know if you should be too harsh on the rooster - the better kids down that way are going to leave that competition regardless of who they go too. The standard of footy is just not good enough to keep them around. Other clubs are guilty of taking the better kids from down that way - look at favetta from tuggers, gilchrist to belconnen, and there was another young bloke to go to ainslie, but stuffed if i can remember his name. But like i said - the better kids are going to leave weaker comps regardless of who they go too.

yeah i've only heard good things about this kid too though. I dont know if you should be too harsh on the rooster - the better kids down that way are going to leave that competition regardless of who they go too. The standard of footy is just not good enough to keep them around. Other clubs are guilty of taking the better kids from down that way - look at favetta from tuggers, gilchrist to belconnen, and there was another young bloke to go to ainslie, but stuffed if i can remember his name. But like i said - the better kids are going to leave weaker comps regardless of who they go too.
Every club everywhere is always looking to recruit young blokes to a stronger league. Look at Wagga u18's when they were in our league, their side was like a riverina rep side, and thats the way it should have been.
We have a lot of guys coming to the Tigers to help them improve, other clubs would do it to. Sam Burley, Callum Dean, Liam Wilkinson, Dan Jabornik, James Maine, Ben Jabornik, The Cuttiford brothers have all come to the Tigers in the last couple of years, a few will make good solid senior players for the club. This is where Mr Fowlie's work with juniors will pay off for the club in years to come.

This will be interesting my forward line i'd have:
Piggy, Merv, Ellis, watts, Aulich, Kav, Joskin
middies:
Jason Gilbert, Neeley, Maher, Hazelmann, Wolski, McDonald
Backs:
TOK, Ioppi, Elias, Cooper, Jono, Jess
Unluckys:
Matho, Chopper (craig) Guy was better the decade before plus his mother was enough to make me shy away from him:D, DJ, CD, Skiddy, Stump, Broad, Kickett, skuta, Altus, Bowman, Ecka, Oakley actually the entire Weston Creek:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back