AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys serious about Ainslie not having enough players for the 2's?
I did pre season training with them but got a viral arthritis which has put me out for a few months.
What are they doing if they don't get enough players for the game?

I did pre season training with them but got a viral arthritis which has put me out for a few months.
probably field there womans team half of them have bigger balls then there male counter parts anyway.:D

Hows rourkey goin, the new coach? surely he'll be able to bring players back to the club? i know for sure i'd play under him if i lived in canberra!

Not a big Fan of Ainslie N.O.P. Sounds like you have been involved in some way with the former Saints now Roos?
Just an old Tigers follower grew up with the Ainslie/ Queanbeyan rivalry through the 80's and the 90's thats why i cannot believe that players are switching between the two clubs. Would be interesting to see an Ainslie Queanbeyan game now with Andrew Toy umpiring:D You think the men in white are confused now he would be a wreck

re: Andrew Toy. I was looking through clearances the other day and he is down as being registered to play with Tuggeranong. Probably only in the districts though. Maybe Mick Kennedy can come out of retirement for the odd game for a square up. Maybe he could EARN the send off this time!

re: Andrew Toy. I was looking through clearances the other day and he is down as being registered to play with Tuggeranong. Probably only in the districts though. Maybe Mick Kennedy can come out of retirement for the odd game for a square up. Maybe he could EARN the send off this time!

That send off (for searing) cost Qbn a Premiership I think - Kenndy being the Mulrooney Medalist, Player of the Year and other Coaches Best Paleyr Awardee. They lost by ten points with Kennedy being sent of early in the 3rd term.

Just an old Tigers follower grew up with the Ainslie/ Queanbeyan rivalry through the 80's and the 90's thats why i cannot believe that players are switching between the two clubs. Would be interesting to see an Ainslie Queanbeyan game now with Andrew Toy umpiring:D You think the men in white are confused now he would be a wreck

By god Andrew Toy was a shocking umpire.

There was another one whose name escapes me, who I thought was a terrible umpire, back in the eighties.

I was there when Kennedy got sent off, I though the tigers supporters were going to jump the fence at footy park and get stuck in. Geez i loved GFs at FP, so many memories, That game was packed and the atmosphere was awesome. I remember some state games had similar atmospheres.

you blokes dont know wat your in for with frawley, he will be dominant in the ruck in this league, some of the best ruckmen running around in the o&m and he has dominated them all, he is definatley not soft either i dont know where that came from, one of the toughest ive seen. when he was playin tallangatta footy he was very part time, he only gave it a crack when he got to yarra, was instramental in yarrawongas season and a big part of them winning the flag. cant wait to seeing his name in the best every week

Belconnen beat Wodonga in a practice match today by 4-5 goals.
Howling gale blowing to one end of the ground and after leading by 26 points at quarter time, Belconnen set up the win in the second term when they outscored Wodonga into the wind.
Brett Knowles starred and the captain-coach Steve Maher was also very good.
Maher took on ex-West Coast Eagles player David Antonowicz and gave him a bit of a touch-up.

That send off (for searing) cost Qbn a Premiership I think - Kenndy being the Mulrooney Medalist, Player of the Year and other Coaches Best Paleyr Awardee. They lost by ten points with Kennedy being sent of early in the 3rd term.
Yeah we were definately robbed a similar thing happened the year after with Robert Anderson i know it's in the past but still makes you wonder about the kosherness (new word) of the bloke and Ainslie's dealing with him leading up to the Grand Final. I distinctly remember a few weeks after the Queanbeyan coach catching up with him in a pub in Wagga. He wasn't buying him a beer put it this way.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah we were definately robbed a similar thing happened the year after with Robert Anderson i know it's in the past but still makes you wonder about the kosherness (new word) of the bloke and Ainslie's dealing with him leading up to the Grand Final. I distinctly remember a few weeks after the Queanbeyan coach catching up with him in a pub in Wagga. He wasn't buying him a beer put it this way.;)

Think you may have that arse about with Anderson being sent off in 1992 and the kennedy incident being in 1994. Both GF's. Both lost by ten points. Intersting that both players played VFL / AFL. You would think that they would be the ones with the discipline - perhaps they did and it was the man in white that didnt !!!!

Think you may have that arse about with Anderson being sent off in 1992 and the kennedy incident being in 1994. Both GF's. Both lost by ten points. Intersting that both players played VFL / AFL. You would think that they would be the ones with the discipline - perhaps they did and it was the man in white that didnt !!!!

is luke whatman playing in the canberra league, how does he go these days.....

For the record, Ando was sent off in 92 during the sides 10 point loss to Ainslie and Roach was sent off in 94 during the sides 17 point loss and yes Andrew Toy was a poor umpire. Allegedly he was out with the Ainslie boys at 4am after the 94 GF at the "Bin". Make of that as you will!!

Pat Stakelum would have to be right up there as well. That bloke had less idea then goal post.
i would have to say that ray chamberlain was one of the best umpires out of canberra hence the reason he is umpiring in the AFL. His brother Peter is a terrible umpire and an out and out cheat when Tuggeranong are involved Bedri Alphabet was another you could put into the terrible catorgry

I left Pat Stakelum out because i don't even count him as an umpire. He is a disgrace, but what makes it worse is that he is proud of it. I've been on both sides of the fence - I've umpired with him and played under him. I've seen him deliberately bait players so he can give his favourite '3 50's in a row' trick on plenty of occasions.

i would have to say that ray chamberlain was one of the best umpires out of canberra hence the reason he is umpiring in the AFL. His brother Peter is a terrible umpire and an out and out cheat when Tuggeranong are involved Bedri Alphabet was another you could put into the terrible catorgry
Have to agree with all of the above, Ray was as good as it gets in ACT, the rest are very average and definately think the game is about them!!

Have to agree with all of the above, Ray was as good as it gets in ACT, the rest are very average and definately think the game is about them!!
Telling the truth there, a lot of them sure think it is about them. Guess we wouldn't have games without them, but sometimes I reckon it would result in better games them we get with them.

And 3rd grade maggie (or is that now 2nd 2nd grade...) I thought there was something wrong with your posts and now I know since you admitted to being an ex maggot:D

Belconnen beat Wodonga in a practice match today by 4-5 goals.
Howling gale blowing to one end of the ground and after leading by 26 points at quarter time, Belconnen set up the win in the second term when they outscored Wodonga into the wind.
Brett Knowles starred and the captain-coach Steve Maher was also very good.
Maher took on ex-West Coast Eagles player David Antonowicz and gave him a bit of a touch-up.

Antonowicz was playing his first game in over 12 months though.

The scarey part is that there are now 3 blokes in white to stuff up a game who all think that without them the game doesnt go on. Mind you half the problems are all the new rules making the game softer, what happenned to one on one clashes.....GOOOONE!! Game is like basketball now and enables scared wierd little guys to get an easy kick!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back