AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just over 45k in the bank, pretty happy with my team and don't really have some worthwhile upgrades...I think I'm better off getting some more exspensive bench players, the ones I think will grow much quicker in price than some of the others...Do people think that's a good way to spend my money ?? Don't really wanna leave much money in the bank, because I want to have all guns blazing right from the start...;)

Forward line -
J.Brown - Pav - Porplyzia - Douglas - Hawkins - Thompson - Rioli B: Sellar - Hansen

my backs and midfield are extremely strong, and I have Cox - simmonds ruck set up.

36k left over. Would it be wise to downgrade a back/mid to get another gun forward?

Is anyone thinking about starting Simmonds and Kreuzer and put up with a weak ruck division as i think rucks is the position you least have to worry about. Gives you plenty of dollars for other positions. Or is this just silly? lol

Silly, very silly.
I went on the cheap for the rucks last year and i got burned. Yes it is the position you least have to worry about but if you select two number 1 ruckman you probablky wont waste any trades throughout year and wont be lagging in the points either.

Now for my question, thoughts on Le Cras or S.McMAHON? or is there someone better for the forward line around that price (have $240,100 to play with)?

I have just over 45k in the bank, pretty happy with my team and don't really have some worthwhile upgrades...I think I'm better off getting some more exspensive bench players, the ones I think will grow much quicker in price than some of the others...Do people think that's a good way to spend my money ?? Don't really wanna leave much money in the bank, because I want to have all guns blazing right from the start...;)

I would like at least 10k left but at the moment have $300 left. It is really up to you, whether you think the upgrade that you make will make a fair difference to your bench player down the track.

Forward line -
J.Brown - Pav - Porplyzia - Douglas - Hawkins - Thompson - Rioli B: Sellar - Hansen

my backs and midfield are extremely strong, and I have Cox - simmonds ruck set up.

36k left over. Would it be wise to downgrade a back/mid to get another gun forward?

Definately, that forward line is way to risky. Without looking at your other lines, downgrade a centre simple because there are more options, then look to upgrade Thompson or Hawkins to a keeper i.e B.Johnson

I can think of two ways to go about it:
1) Spend the majority of your cash by picking the best rookies in every position, rather than restricting yourself to the 83-90k players.
2) Save the cash. Let's say one of your mid-priced players goes down early in the season. At that price range, its hard to find a good replacement around the same price, but with cash in hand you will be able to upgrade them to a better player. This could net you quite a few points.

I can think of two ways to go about it:
1) Spend the majority of your cash by picking the best bench players in every position, rather than restricting yourself to the 83-90k players.
2) Save the cash. Let's say one of your mid-priced players goes down early in the season. At that price range, its hard to find a good replacement around the same price, but with cash in hand you will be able to upgrade them to a better player. This could net you quite a few points.

Thanks for a good response buddy...:thumbsu:

Ahhhhhhh this is doing my head in.

I want to have a 3rd "gun" forward, but to do that I need to downgrade a backman (Gram) to someone like Symes...

So:

Lucas + Symes.

or

Franklin + Gram.

Franklin should take another step this year, and I'm not sure that Essendon's new game plan (judging by the NAB cup focuses as much on Lucas). I really don't know what to do... but I'm leaning towards keeping it the way it is (option 2), because I don't really want Symes.

Stupid to have BOTH Pavlich and Riewoldt or should I spend the cash someone else?

It's not stupid to have them both from the start because you'd no doubt want them later on in the year, so don't waste a trade and get them now I say, if you are reasonably happy with the rest of your side...

Thoughts on my squad:

Backs - Cornes, Bowden, H.Shaw, B.Jones, Symes, Hurn, Ellis w/ Proud Taylor
Centres - Swan, Priddis, N.Jones, Griffen, N.Stevens, Salopek w/ Morton Palmer
Rucks - Cox, Wood w/ Kruezer White
Forwards - Pavlich, Deledio, Hall, Porplyzia, Hawkins, Dew, Harding w/ Rioli Hansen

It's not stupid to have them both from the start because you'd no doubt want them later on in the year, so don't waste a trade and get them now I say, if you are reasonably happy with the rest of your side...
Yeh that's what I'm thinking, I'm pretty satisfied with my side but there's one glaring hole. Bradshaw! I can't seem to get rid of him! :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Franklin average better than last season, taking into account the opposition know alot more about him and will be right on his hammer come round 1 ?? Can he kick straight ?? Can he improve his consistency ??
If he can win most battles with his opponents and kick straighter, I can see him averaging alot more than last year, so he might be a worhtwhile pick, though something is telling me not to pick him because he'll get completely shut out of some games, which will make me frustrated....

Thoughts on my squad:

Forwards - Pavlich, Deledio, Hall, Porplyzia, Hawkins, Dew, Harding w/ Rioli Hansen

worry me alot with those three starting

Yeah bit of a risk but they are cheap, wont need to score a heap to rise in value early and can then be easily upgraded to better options down the track. As they say no guts no glory.

well thats it. if it comes off for you then your going to be at a huge advantage... could be giving up a few too many points though waiting for them to raise that 100+ grand you need....

I don't normally do this but not totally sure which one. Have a good idea but which option, all starting by the way,
Deledio, Jetta and C.Rioli
Porplyzia, Vince and Jetta
I think the first option but not totally sure, any thoughts?

I don't normally do this but not totally sure which one. Have a good idea but which option, all starting by the way,
Deledio, Jetta and C.Rioli
Porplyzia, Vince and Jetta
I think the first option but not totally sure, any thoughts?

I am liking the first option aswell. I just don't rate Vince as a DT'er

Thoughts on my squad:

Yeah...don't care!!
it's your squad not mine...not any1 elses...if your not happy with it...then who cares!
stop using this thread as a place to post and ask wat people think of your squad!

Can Franklin average better than last season, taking into account the opposition know alot more about him and will be right on his hammer come round 1 ?? Can he kick straight ?? Can he improve his consistency ??
If he can win most battles with his opponents and kick straighter, I can see him averaging alot more than last year, so he might be a worhtwhile pick, though something is telling me not to pick him because he'll get completely shut out of some games, which will make me frustrated....
the problem with him last year, was that he wasnt consistent. hopefully (touch wood) he becomes a bit more solid in every game.

i dont think any player can really match up well on him, as he is a tall player and a good mark, with the agility and speed of a rover. its just the consistency and staying "in the game" that needs improving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back