Competitions AFL Dream Team 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's go Division 1...

Top 100 league as a minimum, but let's aim for Top 25!
Hey Impromptu, who have been your absolute locks this year?

And are you starting Swan? Or going to upgrade to him if he drops in price?

I'm keen again if theres room. Was in last year but had one of my worst years to date. Team name is and was Scottish Chiefs.

Would be interested to hear why you think Swan is a lock and not Pendlebury, obviously probably cant have both in the same team till after the bye.

Do you think Pendlebury will get tagged or something?

Swan is the DT All Time GOD
Ablett is the SC All Time GOD

PendleburY is the DT/SC All Time PRINCE.

I feel Swan played while injured over 5-6 games last year and was still amazing. The way Swan was running didn't look right and therefore I am still amazed he averaged so high. Nothing wrong with Pendles, but I just see Swan more value.

Impromptu, what do you think of some of the other so called 'locks' for this year?

A lot of people seem to think Deledio is a lock. I would be wary if he moved into the midfield myself. He's spent years getting easy ball off half back, but if he's expected to win his own ball in the middle I can see his scores dropping if he's not properly prepared.

Franklin on the other hand is a lock for me. I know you said you won't have him, but of all top 5 forwards for 2011, he's the only one I can 100% say will also be top 5 in 2012.

Goddard is obviously a lock as his ceiling is so high.

Any others that are perceived as 'locks' but may not necessarily be?

Swan is the DT All Time GOD
Ablett is the SC All Time GOD

PendleburY is the DT/SC All Time PRINCE.

I feel Swan played while injured over 5-6 games last year and was still amazing. The way Swan was running didn't look right and therefore I am still amazed he averaged so high. Nothing wrong with Pendles, but I just see Swan more value.

Agree, i think i am like $500 off being able to get Swan instead of Pendles. Dont you hate that.

Impromptu, what do you think of some of the other so called 'locks' for this year?

A lot of people seem to think Deledio is a lock. I would be wary if he moved into the midfield myself. He's spent years getting easy ball off half back, but if he's expected to win his own ball in the middle I can see his scores dropping if he's not properly prepared.

Franklin on the other hand is a lock for me. I know you said you won't have him, but of all top 5 forwards for 2011, he's the only one I can 100% say will also be top 5 in 2012.

Goddard is obviously a lock as his ceiling is so high.

Any others that are perceived as 'locks' but may not necessarily be?

i'm with you there on lids pp.. actually it may be mental but i was having a sneaky look at Captain Newman...... i hear he has been training with the midfield group all pre-season and we all know he has elite disposal so they may give it too him for forward delivery.... he has always been a solid dt'er without being a gun... maybe a move to the wing could clinch the deal at 370k ?

i'm with you there on lids pp.. actually it may be mental but i was having a sneaky look at Captain Newman...... i hear he has been training with the midfield group all pre-season and we all know he has elite disposal so they may give it too him for forward delivery.... he has always been a solid dt'er without being a gun... maybe a move to the wing could clinch the deal at 370k ?

I'm also hesitant on Newman due to his reduced preseason (or so I've read somewhere).

I may still pick Deledio in DreamTeam, but I'll stay away from him in SuperCoach. I like other premium backline options in Shaw, Birchall, etc.

Last year, Deledio would play the first half in the backline, score about 35 then score 50+ when moving into the mid after half time.

What's people's thoughts on Hargrave (ah - he gave me nightmares in 2010), Winderlich, Montagana (a premo who may improve to his 2010 level), and Ryder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys i have made a div 2 league the code is 137181

Div 2

hess
Stugots
Daz77
bombermick
donakebab
jaymin
Bombre boy
the prospector
She fx
Stay true
Coopster09
yaco55
jobe3votes
bombers007
daffo
FBdonkey
Snitzel
jsd 09

javascript:;javascript:;

Sorry to intrude! :) Not league related but something about Dream Team that I thought I'd share :thumbsu:

[YOUTUBE]pvJF4CWCjmg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]XD-Kcq2zKxE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]jD8Iq4pU8Xg[/YOUTUBE]

Any feedback is welcome :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions AFL Dream Team 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back