Game Day AFL Grand Final - Matchday Discussion Collingwood v West Coast (MCG – 2:30PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been laying low this week, quietly keeping my own counsel. It's tremendously exciting that we're playing in the Grand Final - still seems a little surreal, but I am so proud of the team and the coach and all they have achieved this year. It's been heartening, and humbling, to read the stories of so many of these young men who have applied themselves with such endeavour to overcome their various trials and tribulations, grief and heartbreak, and so wonderful to see their joy in every photo just radiating off the page.
Just one more to go guys.

For their sakes I hope they pull it off tomorrow.

Go Pies!!!!

Is this still incredibly surreal to anyone else? It hasn’t sunk in yet that we’re actually in the grand final... I don’t even feel nervous, not because I’m confident but simply because it doesn’t feel real!! I’ve been to 2 open training sessions, the parade and watched the Richmond match replay multiple times this week but it still doesn’t feel like we’re actually in the granny. I didn’t have this same feeling in 2010 and 2011. Anyone feeling the same way?? Go pies!

So nervous about this game, so proud of how we’ve gone about it this year. I’m going to my first Grand Final tomorrow and I’ll be on my own, never been to a game on my own before. Going to be quite the experience, come on Pies let’s make this year magical!

Enjoy donnie5 our team is primed for tomorrow.

Watching the Prelim now after Crisp goal in the first........still got goosebumps.

Is this still incredibly surreal to anyone else? It hasn’t sunk in yet that we’re actually in the grand final... I don’t even feel nervous, not because I’m confident but simply because it doesn’t feel real!! I’ve been to 2 open training sessions, the parade and watched the Richmond match replay multiple times this week but it still doesn’t feel like we’re actually in the granny. I didn’t have this same feeling in 2010 and 2011. Anyone feeling the same way?? Go pies!
Yep, the only thing I can think of is that we were in finals from 2006 building to 2010. Where this has come from a long way back.

Good luck tomorrow guys. Hoping it’s a good hard fought game as neither team deserves to be on the wrong end of a blowout. Both have overcome their fair share of setbacks to make it this far and have well and truly earned their spot

Obviously I’m hoping for an eagles win but if we had to lose to a Victorian team I’d prefer it to be you guys as I have massive respect for Buckley and the way he goes about it. Pendlebury is all class as captain as well

Enjoy the day and may the best team win

All the more reason why the boys have to take this chance and make it count. We found form and got some players back at the perfect time. Don't let anybody tell you we don't deserve to be there! Chances like this though you just have to make them count. I'll struggle to stomachanother grand final loss.

Just got home from work. But man, I can't wait til tomorrow.

It does feel surreal that we're in the GF. Nobody would have thought this was possible at the start of the year. I've spent the last three weeks in a bunch of nerves. The last week, I've gone from feeling sick/nervous to excited. I feel okay today, the parade helped. But may we be cheering when the boys hold up the cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't sleep

BoxMatrix

thanks boxy for all your day game threads. Great work.

Unsure how I take that youve tipped us this time....

Go Magpies

Last edited:
The turnaround has been incredible. It feels surreal to be playing off in a Grand Final.

14 months ago, I thought Buckley was going to get sacked in a long and painful process.

It's been mesmariszing to slowly see the team rise up the ladder and become a great side again.

I still can’t actually believe we are in a grand final, and could be premiers by the end of the day...

Team has come a long way, and everything clicked last Friday. Question now is can we take this confidence and momentum into the GF and repeat that performance, or will the Eagles tall forwards and organized backmen expose our weaknesses and summon up the Ghosts of skill errors past.

So exciting, but tense at the same time...

Go pies!!

I can’t sleep. I can’t eat. This has been the slowest week since the 2010 draw. Not even then did I want to win this badly. 1 more game. Just four more quarters. Please.

Good luck tomorrow guys. Hoping it’s a good hard fought game as neither team deserves to be on the wrong end of a blowout. Both have overcome their fair share of setbacks to make it this far and have well and truly earned their spot

Obviously I’m hoping for an eagles win but if we had to lose to a Victorian team I’d prefer it to be you guys as I have massive respect for Buckley and the way he goes about it. Pendlebury is all class as captain as well

Enjoy the day and may the best team win
You’re a good egg Keys. May you have a lovely morning and a very unenjoyable afternoon.

Congrats on making it to the big game guys!

Reading all the saltiness about our 2 clubs on the main board is actually giving me a sense of affinity with your lot. I guess WC & CW are 2 teams that the bitter masses love to hate.
I don't recall that type of dialogue on BF last year.

I won't wish you luck (cos I wouldn't mean it) - but I am glad you guys have made it to the GF over the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back