Mega Thread AFL: No Trades (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still waiting to hear this alleged avalanche of support from the media everyone is talking about down south.

A teet or two from Voss in nice. But where is Mike Sheehan? Where is Caro? Where is Robbo? Where is the Age? Where is the Herald Sun?

Neil Cordy penned an article for the HS. That is about as minor a footy writer as they have on staff.
Emma Quayle - bless her competent soul - has so far just reported the facts as they stand.

We have no editorial support that I can see.

Robbo is tweeting about his sick dog.

The AFLPA has gone into bat for us. But there is next to no follow up on that. that should be a huge story. But SEN is just talking about the A-League and the Bulldogs.

Really feel like we are isolated and no one cares.

Any chance we were sniffing around Griffen when he said he wanted to go to GWS? Might have brought this on...

I think it's time we stopped trying to figure out how we caused all this, or searched for answers about how we deserved this to happen. I don't think we did. We are victims. Simple as that.

Robbo and the Ox were fully in support last night, KB and Greg Denham were fully in support this morning. So I don't know why you would post that.

Because I haven't heard it. Thanks for replying. That makes me feel better. Marginally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am actually pleased that we can now confront the snide, sledging cowards like Maguire that have been backstabbing us for years.
We should get an injunction immediately (restraint of trade etc) and stop the whole trade period, then head to court - no draft, no trading until this is sorted out.
Stop these VFL bastards in their tracks.

Ok, final warning to opposition fans thinking about posting in this thread, home team rules apply. Don't upset the locals.

Any hint of trolling or taking the thread off topic and we will hand out cards.

just shows how pathetic the AFL has been in promoting the game in NSW and QLD. They have never had the drive or the savvy to successfully build ground roots support, especially amongst junior players. It only been the last few years that clubs like Sydney, Brisbane, etc have started to make it work AND that has cost these teams their own money. Now that it look like they may produce something worth while, Vic powerhouses say 'no thats unfair'.

I love the game of Aussie Rules but the Victorian dominating power base is killing the development of our great game in their own state (country footy has been gutted) and also in the northern states, all under the catch phrase of 'equalisation'. What a load of BS. Too many dickheads like Fat Eddy, (who failed in Sydney) dictating from their black and white vision how this game should be developed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread AFL: No Trades (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back