Preview AFL Preliminary Final - Pies vs Hawks - Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least razor ray is doing the other game
Seriously? How is that guy still in the best 6 umpires in the game after his performance in that St Kilda/Swans final in the first week, that was terrible.:thumbsdown:

I hope he has a shocker this weekend, and favours the Eagles, thus not getting the Grand Final gig.

Our side looks bloody strong, to me it looks like the best 22 we have named all year, in a prelim, wow.:eek::D

Seriously? How is that guy still in the best 6 umpires in the game after his performance in that St Kilda/Swans final in the first week, that was terrible.:thumbsdown:

I hope he has a shocker this weekend, and favours the Eagles, thus not getting the Grand Final gig.

Our side looks bloody strong, to me it looks like the best 22 we have named all year, in a prelim, wow.:eek::D
He was pretty bad in Perth last week also.

The way Geischen goes on about him he'll be the main umpire in the GF though.

All we need now is some form and we would be perfectly poised for the GF against the Cats. HOPING we get some form tomorrow night with a comprehensive victory. None of this 2 point winning shit. A flogging, magpie style (a.k.a PF v Cats 2010), is in order. I need to see this form tomorrow night or else i'll be nervous come GF.

Posted in Dave's forum but think more discussion is going on here

What does people think of chucking Davis or Heath forward if they get tagged out of it by Puopolo or Osborne, I know Davis has an indifferent past in finals up forward but I think his tail is up and if we get him a couple of easy touches his confidence will rise.

I Just think lately we have lost a little of something in the small forwards. Hard to explain what but just seems we are less busy down there with desperation, pressure and implied pressure from last year (maybe we just needed a break) especially if Blairy is Sub as he is the our premier small forward in this area.

I know they are both premier half backs and one all - aus back there this year and will start back, but I just think they could offer a bit of zip and pressure to our forward line thats been lacking

Hey fellas, quick question but didn't really know where to post it. Just wondering whether the Pies Shop at Westpac Centre will be open tomorrow before the game, have been meaning to get down there for a few games now but I couldn't find anything about finals. Cheers :)

Hey fellas, quick question but didn't really know where to post it. Just wondering whether the Pies Shop at Westpac Centre will be open tomorrow before the game, have been meaning to get down there for a few games now but I couldn't find anything about finals. Cheers :)
It's always open before and after matches, even night ones.

I'd say it will be open all day tomorrow, although they do close it down during the match times as Presti and crew like to actually watch the match.:cool:

According to CFC website the shop will be open until 7.30pm tomorrow.

What does people think of chucking Davis or Heath forward if they get tagged out of it by Puopolo or Osborne, I know Davis has an indifferent past in finals up forward but I think his tail is up and if we get him a couple of easy touches his confidence will rise.

I Just think lately we have lost a little of something in the small forwards. Hard to explain what but just seems we are less busy down there with desperation, pressure and implied pressure from last year (maybe we just needed a break) especially if Blairy is Sub as he is the our premier small forward in this area.

I know they are both premier half backs and one all - aus back there this year and will start back, but I just think they could offer a bit of zip and pressure to our forward line thats been lacking
I don't think it'd be needed, but both Shaw and Davis can play forward. It'd probably only happen if the game was close and the defender wasn't needed down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty hard to tag HBs now days with Zones and shit, especially hard tags, wouldn't worry much about that, they will put work into one of them but that will just mean one less fwd to worry about on the rebound, Davis has shown he can beat defensive fwds anyway, Heater will probably spend most of the night on the wing and push back when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back