AFL preseason betting

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isnt it 60.5?

Yeah I got on before it moved. Massive line but they should be able to cover.

The Lions price was all over the place today on Sportsbet as well. Started at $1.50, moved to $2.10 and ended up at $1.89. Bookies clearly have no idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they are 1.08 and they should be 1.01, you should bet on them at 1.08. Simple.

That is a dangerous way of thinking about bets. WCE could lose this game. It isn't a forgone conclusion. There is no point betting when you only stand to win a few dollars. You will eventually lose if you continually bet on these odds and then you'll be far behind.

That is a dangerous way of thinking about bets. WCE could lose this game. It isn't a forgone conclusion. There is no point betting when you only stand to win a few dollars. You will eventually lose if you continually bet on these odds and then you'll be far behind.

No you won't

So if something is 8X the odds you price them at you shouldnt bet? Ok..

If you actually rate it $1.01 then yes backing it at $1.08 is worth it mathematically- you place the bet 100 times you win 99 thus profitable to do so

Personally I struggle backing sub $1.50 shots even if value as punting is as much a mental game as a mathematical one and I hate losing on short odds pops. There's no mathematical logic behind it but it's a personal preference

Yes WC could lose the game, thats why it's $1.01 not $1.00. But if you have priced it right then long term you win even if very very short

I personally wont bother taking anything sub $1.20 because you either have to stake too much or its not worth it for me. But if you have something rated $1.02 and it comes up $1.10 then i wouldnt begrudge you backing it as its the "right" option

All this :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back