AFL Queensland - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work this week by the QAFL tipping team :rolleyes: (I assume no-one picked the Hornets).

By the way Chikka - what's this "I hear" crap? :D

Rd 5 Leaderboard

21 Chikka Ferguson (4)
19 Damo Chandler (4)
18 Morphus (4)
17 Big E (3)
16 Ashley Schaffer (4)
16 Oddball (1) Away teams
15 Stuyd (4)
15 Mongrel Punt (3)
11 Lifes a Beach (4)

Rd 5 Leaderboard

21 Chikka Ferguson (4)
19 Damo Chandler (4)
18 Morphus (4)
17 Big E (3)
16 Ashley Schaffer (4)
16 Oddball (1) Away teams
15 Stuyd (4)
15 Mongrel Punt (3)
11 Lifes a Beach (4)

That's bullshit on two counts Chikka

1) You can't win a comp you're running

2) there's no way I would have picked all the away teams - I was in the wilds of the Simpson Desert with no phone or Internet access

Bullshit - I say!!!!!!!!!!!

Still don't know how Copeland was a) allowed to play and b) play so well the previous week after he was 'apparently' knocked senseless against the Vultures! :rolleyes:

That's bullshit on two counts Chikka

1) You can't win a comp you're running

2) there's no way I would have picked all the away teams - I was in the wilds of the Simpson Desert with no phone or Internet access

Bullshit - I say!!!!!!!!!!!

Still don't know how Copeland was a) allowed to play and b) play so well the previous week after he was 'apparently' knocked senseless against the Vultures! :rolleyes:

Don't worry oddball,my tips will fall on is ass.Anyway,after rd 1 you said you do not win a melb cup early in the piece.Long season ahead.I no you would have tipped aspley( bumble bees) as you are there # 1 supporter;).Not my fault you away in desert working hard on your sand bunker shots

Saw Southport play Thunder 2 weeks ago. For a side with so many new faces, they have gelled well and will only improve. Cleve Hughes has some class and Southport will be dangerous. Went and saw Mt Gravatt last week and they showed some great patches of footy.
Morningside vs Southport this week will be a great tussle.

You would imagine Southport will be too hard for Mt Gravatt to handle, especially with no Vearing. Mind you for the $$ that would be spilling out the place they would want to be. I wonder how many sets of books?

i haven't seen southport play yet, but they are going too be a better team than i thought they would be. i saw redlands play last week and i wouldn't say they were that flash too be honest. in patches they looked like they were going to take control of the game but they didn't have enough ability to take over the game and morningsid burried them in the last qtr. morningside still have some handy players in place of lillico and willson

i haven't seen southport play yet, but they are going too be a better team than i thought they would be. i saw redlands play last week and i wouldn't say they were that flash too be honest. in patches they looked like they were going to take control of the game but they didn't have enough ability to take over the game and morningsid burried them in the last qtr. morningside still have some handy players in place of lillico and willson

maybe some handy ins this week at panther land with price,kinch,clark( late withdrawal last week ).See holman played seniors and lawler ran the water.cracker of a game at southport with panthers making trek down the highway

Rnd 6

Southport v Morningside
Aspley v Labrador
Brisbane v Redland
Western Magpies v NT
Broadbeach v Mt Gravatt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peoples thoughts on the initial rep squad...

Aspley

Tyson Hartwig

Jamie Sheahan

Matt Shir

Brisbane Lions Reserves

Donald Barry

Claye Beams

Broc McCauley

Adam Spackman

Broadbeach

Dayne Zorko

Labrador

Todd Featherstone

Todd Grayson

Trent Knobel

Morningside

Kent Abey

Damien Bonney

Ryan Holman

Mark Kimball

Nathan Kinch

Austin Lucy

Aaron Rogers

Paul Shelton

Mt Gravatt

Nathan Gilliland

Shane Morrison

NT Thunder

Darren Ewing

Brett Goodes

Cameron Ilett

Jared Ilett

Bradley Palipuaminni

Zephi Skinner

Shaun Tapp

Kenrick Tyrrell

Redland

Phil Carse

James Charlesworth

Scott Clouston

Daniel Dzufer

Adam Mueller

Josh Norman

Southport

Matt Fowler

Cleve Hughes

David James

Cameron MacLaren

Ben Merrett

Kurt Niklaus

Matt Payne

Darren Pfeiffer

Dean Putt

Daniel Wise

Western Magpies

Ed McDonnell

Luke Scott

Not Considered:
Matt Clarke (Labrador), Jacob Gough (Morningside),Tim Notting (Labrador) – All Unavailable.
Josh Vearing (Mt Gravatt), David Lillico (Morningside) – Both Injured

thunder
broadbeach
southport
labrador to take a scalp
brisbane

hows the desert oddball?
I see you are always having a chip at Aspley, using your words it is back to reality for your team which I did notice you tipped against.

I see you are always having a chip at Aspley, using your words it is back to reality for your team which I did notice you tipped against.

rd 6 leaderboard

26 chikka (5)
22 damo c (3)
21 morphus (3)
20 stuyd (5)
19 ash s (3)
19 oddball (3)
19 big e (2)
16 mongrel p(1)
15 lifes a beach (4)

rd 6 leaderboard

26 chikka (5)
22 damo c (3)
21 morphus (3)
20 stuyd (5)
19 ash s (3)
19 oddball (3)
19 big e (2)
16 mongrel p(1)
15 lifes a beach (4)

Saw Southport demolish Morningside on Saturday Scary stuff but the season is only young.
On Sunday watched Broadbeach totally frustrate Mt Gravatt, with man to man pressure/ relentless, causing mistakes and capitalizing on the turnovers well.
Fulton is still good value for them, kicking 3 and set up 3 others. Wont be easy for any side when they come up against Broadbeach.

Im not a Southport supporter, but they are the real deal.

Southport are where they are because they can play contested football, the other teams I've watched have alot to learn about playing football, skills yes, playing real football ???

They are where they are because of the class and depth of their list and allowing them to have 23 players has also helped,( good leg up AFLQ.)

They do play contested football but you need the cattle to follow through on any game plan.

Peoples thoughts on the initial rep squad...

Aspley

Tyson Hartwig

Jamie Sheahan

Matt Shir

Brisbane Lions Reserves

Donald Barry

Claye Beams

Broc McCauley

Adam Spackman

Broadbeach

Dayne Zorko

Labrador

Todd Featherstone

Todd Grayson

Trent Knobel

Morningside

Kent Abey

Damien Bonney

Ryan Holman

Mark Kimball

Nathan Kinch

Austin Lucy

Aaron Rogers

Paul Shelton

Mt Gravatt

Nathan Gilliland

Shane Morrison

NT Thunder

Darren Ewing

Brett Goodes

Cameron Ilett

Jared Ilett

Bradley Palipuaminni

Zephi Skinner

Shaun Tapp

Kenrick Tyrrell

Redland

Phil Carse

James Charlesworth

Scott Clouston

Daniel Dzufer

Adam Mueller

Josh Norman

Southport

Matt Fowler

Cleve Hughes

David James

Cameron MacLaren

Ben Merrett

Kurt Niklaus

Matt Payne

Darren Pfeiffer

Dean Putt

Daniel Wise

Western Magpies

Ed McDonnell

Luke Scott

Not Considered:
Matt Clarke (Labrador), Jacob Gough (Morningside),Tim Notting (Labrador) – All Unavailable.
Josh Vearing (Mt Gravatt), David Lillico (Morningside) – Both Injured

47 man squad. why such a big squad?

Exactly, you need the cattle to do it, and the coach to coach it, both missing on alot of counts in most other teams from what I have seen over past couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back