AFL Rd 3 Collingwood v Carlton -Prematch Talk and Team Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

While I see the point you've made (It's a valid one), there are a few others I think you might have skimmed over.... Last week we smashed the Lions because quite honestly.... We were allowed too. Last week Daisy had 5 minutes of brilliance because he was allowed to. Neither team will get that sort of allowance tomorrow night - However you guys seemed to struggle a little last week against an opposition we smashed without getting out of first gear....

You were only a goal up at the 8-min mark of the last qtr. In contrast, 5 seconds before 3 qtr time we were 47 points up. We could have tried our guts out and won by 70 pts but we didn't have to, while you had to play at your best for a while and they ran out of petrol. You could see that once Richmond got close enough to us to cause a little concern, we turned it on straight away and kicked a goal (through Jolly I believe). So i think if you simply say that we struggled while you smashed them without trying you arent looking at the bigger picture.

You were only a goal up at the 8-min mark of the last qtr. In contrast, 5 seconds before 3 qtr time we were 47 points up. We could have tried our guts out and won by 70 pts but we didn't have to, while you had to play at your best for a while and they ran out of petrol. You could see that once Richmond got close enough to us to cause a little concern, we turned it on straight away and kicked a goal (through Jolly I believe). So i think if you simply say that we struggled while you smashed them without trying you arent looking at the bigger picture.

Perception is reality.... Obviously my perception is a little different to yours and Mr Naturals' as well. I think your win last week wasn't as impressive as it should have been (You had 5 minutes). Thats it. Sure we were only 8 point in front at the beginning of the last term but we beat them without trying too hard (my perception). Anyway the real argument is about tomorrow night's match - We seem to be showing good form at the moment without a full squad.... You guys seem to be just going through the motions (be it without a full squad as well)....

Last week Daisy had 5 minutes of brilliance because he was allowed to.

He was allowed to play a brilliant quarter? Would you say the same thing if Judd played a brilliant quarter?

However you guys seemed to struggle a little last week against an opposition we smashed without getting out of first gear....

Now come on, we played a quarter of good footy, and we were cruising after that point. Not only that, Richmond had only kicked 3 goals up until 3 quarter time. We took our foot off, and they kicked a few goals.

While the football wasn't flash for most of the game, we hardly struggled.

Jamison although a little underdone will prove a formidable opponent for Cloke and Henderson may well do the same on Dawes.

Henderson will be playing on Cloke according to your coach. I can't wait to see how that turns out. :D

Errr no, it's the complete opposite much of the time.

Your perception is your reality.

Um - I thought that was implied.... Obviously I placed far too much confidence in your ability to fully grasp what I've always thought to be a very common saying. Apologies.... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinclair sub maybe??

God I hope so. There is no way Sinclair deserves a game ahead of Rounds and Seedsman, what a joke:mad:. I guess we are finding out that Sinclair is the coaches pet, similar to what Thomas and Licuria were with Mick as coach.

God I hope so. There is no way Sinclair deserves a game ahead of Rounds and Seedsman, what a joke:mad:. I guess we are finding out that Sinclair is the coaches pet, similar to what Thomas and Licuria were with Mick as coach.
Crikey, if Sinclair turns into one tenth the player that either of those two were I'd be ecstatic.:eek:

He is in the side because at the moment he is the best option, like it or not. Rounds was poor in round one, and has been poor in the VFL since. Seedsman gives us nothing at senior level at the moment, he may well in the future, but he's like a chook with no head out there, he got smashed late by the tough Hawks in round one.

100% correct selection IMO.

Sinclair goes out as soon as BJ and/or Didak return.

Licuria and Thomas hardly turned out as jokes of players.

I dont understand the hate on sinclair either, i love desperate players, this kids got it. Hes only had a hand full of games , ive seen worse players get more than enough games without reasoning.

Give him time , heck even harry was hardly a world beater in his first 20 odd games , hes turned out ok.

Usually ill be quick to judge a player if they are laconic or lack effort (see shannon cox ), i dont see any of this in sinclair.

The thing with Sinclair, is the club really rates him. They obviously see something in him that many don't see on gameday.

I have faith in their judgement. What did alot of people think of Reidy after his 1st 5 or so games?

Fair Selections I guess. I get why Sincs got the game ahead of Seedsman. Wellingham is more a Seedsman type than Sinclair.

Blues will have 3 talls, similar to us I guess. The game will be won and lost in the midfield. I have a sneaky feeling we are edging them in that category.

Happy with the changes, also mindful of bringing back too many new faces all at once. Three is a good number, especially coming off a win.

Wood will shit on Hampson in the back up ruck duel.

mattys123;23840372[B said:
]Crikey, if Sinclair turns into one tenth the player that either of those two were I'd be ecstatic[/B].:eek:

He is in the side because at the moment he is the best option, like it or not. Rounds was poor in round one, and has been poor in the VFL since. Seedsman gives us nothing at senior level at the moment, he may well in the future, but he's like a chook with no head out there, he got smashed late by the tough Hawks in round one.

100% correct selection IMO.

Sinclair goes out as soon as BJ and/or Didak return.

I wasnt trying to put down Lica and Daisy at all, I loved Lica and I love Daisy at the moment but I was just trying to say that they were favoured by Mick. Mick had his favourites and I am starting to think that Sinclair is one of Nathan's favourites.

Once BJ comes in I hope he is out. I hope he prooves me wrong tommorow though.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Rd 3 Collingwood v Carlton -Prematch Talk and Team Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back