MVP AFL Round 17 votes - Geelong v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

5. Selwood- I would say I am surprised he's had such a consistently awesome season, but I'm not, because he's Sel
4. Ablett-first time this year he's played the forward role well, and good to see.
3.Kelly-contested ball and tackling, fantastic work
2.Varcoe-drifted in and out of it, but geez when he was 'in', he was great. That crumb off Pods was the highlight for me.
1.Hunt-fantastic in defence, really starting to hit his pre injury form.

HM's to Wojo, Milburn, SJ, Pods, and to Scarlett for making Fev sook and whinge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Selwood - was everywhere
4. Ablett - Plenty of the ball, deadly around goals
3. Milburn - Plenty of the ball, reads the play so well and makes good decisions
2. Varcoe- Constant pressue, slick with the ball, great finishing
1. Scarlett - Completely smashed fev and provided plenty of run and drive

Didn't Taylor play on J. Brown? Anytime a forward kicks 4 the defender has lost IMO.

Good to see someone validate the point I made in the review thread and based their interpretation of the game simply on the stats sheet.

Yes, Brown kicked 4 goals, but 3 of those came when Harry's teammates had tried to switch play to the other side of the ground, turned the ball over and the Lions hit up Brown on the rebound, more often than not after Taylor had beaten him in the initial one-on-one contest, buttered up and handballed to a teammate to clear defensive 50.

Good to see someone validate the point I made in the review thread and based their interpretation of the game simply on the stats sheet.

Yes, Brown kicked 4 goals, but 3 of those came when Harry's teammates had tried to switch play to the other side of the ground, turned the ball over and the Lions hit up Brown on the rebound, more often than not after Taylor had beaten him in the initial one-on-one contest, buttered up and handballed to a teammate to clear defensive 50.

Fair enough, if one was on Lonergan. However, no matter the circumstances, if a forward kicks 4 on a single player he has won the day in my book. If Taylor only gave up 3 then OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back