Preview AFL Round 20 - Coll v Port - All Prematch Discussion, Dave 86's Preview post 84, Teams post 105

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 20 - Collingwood vs Port - Prematch & Selection Discussion

Dont care, its been coming either way haha.

Oi Opti what are you doing Saturday? im not doing much. Just holding the 2010 Premiership Cup in 1 hand with a pint in the other :D

Just be sure to drink out the right one

Dont care, its been coming either way haha.

Oi Opti what are you doing Saturday? im not doing much. Just holding the 2010 Premiership Cup in 1 hand with a pint in the other :D
I'm working :mad:, then watching collingwood on my coach cause the aforementioned work wouldn't give me leave:mad::mad::mad::(

PS I hate you :(

How's that?:confused:

Sinclair only played because Thomas pulled out late, and with Daisy and Dids back in, Sinclair had to go out.

And the Caff has been terrible since returning to the seniors, he needs a few more runs in the VFL it seems.

Good to see Rounds given another chance, I think he has more chance of playing finals then Sinclair or Keefe anyway, and that's the type of player we should be selecting now.

5 weeks to go, experiments over IMO, with the obvious exception being Wood and Jolly together, although that's been forced by Dawes absence.

I like the selection.:)
Your right about Sinclair, although seems stupid to not play Rounds and instead debut Sinclair when they're not even going to let him get used to the pace of AFL.

However last week was Macaffer's first game back. Give him some leniency, at least give him this week to find some form. The only reason I see him not being played is because the club has decided that Macaffer won't be used in finals which is stupid and premature.

However last week was Macaffer's first game back. Give him some leniency, at least give him this week to find some form. The only reason I see him not being played is because the club has decided that Macaffer won't be used in finals which is stupid and premature.

The Caffs had two games back from memory. I do agree with you though about the decision to omit him being slightly premature. No more time for him to run around in the VFL. He needs to keep with the pace of AFL and im sure from this he will get some form back just in time for the finals.

excuses excuses :D
Hey I am doing five weeks unpaid placment

Uni life is difficult, now wheres my rumman noodles

Re: AFL Round 20 Coll v Port All Prematch Discussion, Dave 86 Preview post 86, Teams post 105

Thought Dids would have come back through the VFL. Doesn't really matter either way though.
Nah, it was decided Port Adelaide would be an easier opponent then the Geelong reserves.;)

Great preview again.
Certainly your biggest margin of the ....well...ever.:thumbsu::)

i was looking forward to his normal conservative 30-40 points. big let down. :p

Agree no more Debuts

Wait what!?!?! Be still my beating heart

ever thought of a career in politics dave ?

with the dropping of sinclair & caff, it would appear we have settled on the final list that will be potentially seen in the finals. maybe rounds might get a gig yet.

Dids to start as the sub or finish as the sub? Place your bets.

Good to see Roundsy get another gig, hopefully he gets a bit more of a free reign. He is a decent playmaker; good disposal and reasonably quick, would do reasonably well on a wing I reckon.

Re: AFL Round 20 Coll v Port All Prematch Discussion, Dave 86 Preview post 86, Teams post 105

Really surprised that Wood was named:confused:

He was terrible in the VFL.

Wellers is starting to worry me.Been out for 3 weeks with a groin/thigh injury.Also disappointed that MaCaffer got dropped.Just about rule out him coming back for the rest of the year.

Glad Didak straight back in, we need him in form there's only a few games left now, don't want those spent fluffing around in the VFL.

Surprised Caff is out, admittedly he's done little in his few games, but again, it usually takes a few games to get it all back...this week could have been his week to shine.

Could he not have been kept for Wood, who is a player who appears to do what he does whether first week or fifth week back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Dids would have come back through the VFL. Doesn't really matter either way though.
Not many games left, would make sense for him to come straight in and get accustomed to the AFL pace instead of going through VFL.

Dids to start as the sub or finish as the sub? Place your bets.
Would make absolutely no sense to bring Didak in as a sub, if he was named sub would be better for him to just play in the VFL.

Really surprised that Wood was named:confused:

He was terrible in the VFL.

Wellers is starting to worry me.Been out for 3 weeks with a groin/thigh injury.Also disappointed that MaCaffer got dropped.Just about rule out him coming back for the rest of the year.
I don't think I've ever hated a Collingwood player, but I am starting to hate Wood. Plays like an absolute spud, get's beaten by VFL ruckman!!! He's lucky he's the only developed ruckman on our list or we would've given him the boot long ago. His year has dissapointed me to no extent.

Also, I would think that they haven't given up on Macaffer just yet due to him being a premiership player. Would reckon they know he can still be a valuable contribution to our finals campaign.

Would make absolutely no sense to bring Didak in as a sub, if he was named sub would be better for him to just play in the VFL.

I'll put you down for $10 as 'finish as the sub' then :thumbsu:

dunno how Wood gets a game in VFL his performances most of the time are nothing short of Putrid

He gets a game because at the moment he's our second best first ruckman, and therefore he's first cab off the rank to replace Jolly in case of injury.

That said, I'm not disagreeing with you re his VFL form :(

Under normal circumstances, I doubt he'd be playing this week. It just concerns me that Jolly may not be in the shape we'd all be hoping he is..

Disappointed about dids coming in a week in the VFL would do him no harm. Why is wood in? He played terrible in the VFL, and to be honest, another week with Keefey would do him good, good to see Roundsy get another go, but would've liked sinkers to get a full game. Good to have daisy back!

Disappointed about dids coming in a week in the VFL would do him no harm. Why is wood in? He played terrible in the VFL, and to be honest, another week with Keefey would do him good, good to see Roundsy get another go, but would've liked sinkers to get a full game. Good to have daisy back!
If one of either Brown or Jolly go down then it's up to Wood to cover them. I assume that would be the reason why he's getting a game.

2 back to back 6 days break. Jolly just coming off the flu and a bad knee injury. Why push it when you can share the load for a game?

Looks like Caff is done for the year. No way can he get his fitness and form up between now and end of the year. Fasolo has firmed with his chances of a best 22 spot. He still needs to knock a good'en though.

Great to see Dids back. You just don't play a superstar in the VFL and let some hack hit him with some cheap shots.

Harry, Heater & Toooooooooooveess all out:eek: 3 of the best small defenders in the comp.

I'm expecting a big win and take our away game tally to 17 wins from our last 20 games.:D

He gets a game because at the moment he's our second best first ruckman, and therefore he's first cab off the rank to replace Jolly in case of injury.

That said, I'm not disagreeing with you re his VFL form :(

Under normal circumstances, I doubt he'd be playing this week. It just concerns me that Jolly may not be in the shape we'd all be hoping he is..

Why on Earth is he coming in then? Jolly isn't an 'Out', and even if he is a late withdrawl then Wood need only be an Emergency. I think Malty might be playing with out setup again, on the run into the finals against a shitty opposition.

Still don't like seeing him in the same team as Jols. Absolute limp player.

Why on Earth is he coming in then? Jolly isn't an 'Out', and even if he is a late withdrawl then Wood need only be an Emergency. I think Malty might be playing with out setup again, on the run into the finals against a shitty opposition.

Still don't like seeing him in the same team as Jols. Absolute limp player.
I don't like it either but Jolly probably still needs a couple more games until he's at his best, and Wood is just getting a game to get used to AFL pace.

Pretty simple re Wood - looks like MM prefers L Brown/Jolly as key forward options in preference to Keeffe. So Wood comes in for ruck back up while Dawes is out.

Wellers said he has an ongoing groin problem ( OP?) that needs to be managed but isn't too severe.
He's been training with the main group this week and sounds confident of being back next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back