Preview AFL Round 20 - Coll v Port - All Prematch Discussion, Dave 86's Preview post 84, Teams post 105

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to see Didak back in and Rounds given another chance.

I don't think it's all over for Caff just yet. Still 4 games left after this one before finals so still time if they go that way.
A bit perplexed with the Wood inclusion, as said you know what you get with him, thought we'd only play him if absolutely essential. Ah well, prove us wrong Wood, have a blinder!

The reason Wood is playing is to keep him at AFL pace in case he is needed in the finals. Mick won't keep him in the 2's for too long because we'll be screwed if Jolly gets an injury in finals and Wood is needed. It's absolutely the right move.

Would expect Woody to get a big run in the ruck and Jolly to play forward.

The reason Wood is playing is to keep him at AFL pace in case he is needed in the finals. Mick won't keep him in the 2's for too long because we'll be screwed if Jolly gets an injury in finals and Wood is needed. It's absolutely the right move.

Would expect Woody to get a big run in the ruck and Jolly to play forward.

Yep, no doubt that's the reason. Let's hope he does his part and gets close to the level/pace we would like him to be. There is so much to be learnt from playing with the AFL midfielders too, the more he plays the more chance they are on the same page so that's a plus.

He does have a good frees for v against ratio at AAMI :thumbsu:

Expect Jolly to spend a lot more time deep in the forward line while Brown and Cloke play that lead up option. It's something we havent done a lot of this year and thats play Jolly forward, something I thought brought the best out of him in the 2nd half of last year.

Didak to start on the ground. Very much a confidence players is Dids and i'd like to see him run out a full game. Rounds to start as the sub.

lol.

Chaplin and Thomas are both out for us.

Our Key Back this week I guess will be Trengove? Pettigrew, Salter and who knows will cover him.

No idea who is going to score us goals, or who is going to stop goals.

You guys will demolish us by 100, 200 or what ever points. It will be just another dark day for the PAFC.

At least I get to see the cousin play his 250th lol.

Yeah, it's a pity Port have been hit so hard by injuries, especially down back.

The last thing Collingwood needs is a blowout IMO, I think we showed last week we are still a fair way from our best form.

The weather might save Port a little bit, with evening showers predicted, and if it is going to rain anywhere in Adelaide, it will rain at West Lakes.:D

Always seems to rain when we play here and have a big night for the club, so expect torrential downpours lol.

Hopefully will help to cover up how bad we are as you will be brought down to being as slow as we are haha.

One of the guys just posted a fact for this weeks game;

We have 11 players with less than 50 games experience, 5 of which have less than 20 games experience.

Can expect to see more changes aswell before the game. Surj and Butcher chances to come in.

I'll be there with my family and a group of SA based collingwood supporters. Just take it easy on us Port people, .. we are down down down ;)

Anyway, keep your good footy up your sleeve for the following game against the saints.. Im over in Melb for that game! :thumbsu:

I am probably entirely wrong but I reckon Brown will play most of the game forward filling in for Dawes and now Keefe while Jolly and Wood do 100% of the ruck work. Jolly can then float down for periods into the forward line to become the third tall forward, given that we are a better team with three tall forwards. On this basis, I imagine that Wood and Jolly will spend a fair bit of time on the pine, assuming that their bums are perched on soft rather than hardwood on the bench. Wood's bottom should have the opportunity to truly test the bench wood texture for a somewhat longer period of time than Jolly, all things being equal out on the ground. Surely players these days when they are assigned to the bench have something more comfortable to sit on than planks of wood interspersed with cold slabs of air?

I am probably entirely wrong but I reckon Brown will play most of the game forward filling in for Dawes and now Keefe while Jolly and Wood do 100% of the ruck work. Surely players these days when they are assigned to the bench have something more comfortable to sit on than planks of wood interspersed with cold slabs of air?
I think you are right actually, Leeroy might be almost a permanent forward for this game, while Jols and Wood look after the ruck.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Wood do the majority of the ruck, and Jolly rested forward, although the ball may be down their that much this week that our forwards might not get much of a rest.;)

As for the benches, they are usually still made out of either wood, or steel, but it seems the quality and comfort has improved over the years.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heard that Maxy is out too?

Heard it on the radio but haven't heard anything else since.

Anyone heard that Maxy is out too?

Heard it on the radio but haven't heard anything else since.

Tom Young to debut maybe?:confused:

Couldn't bring Sinclair back in, completely different player, so it would be out of Young and Caff who comes in if Maxy is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back