Preview AFL Round 21 - Geelong v St Kilda, Etihad Stadium, 7:50PM Friday 17 August

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there anyone deaf who can play in the back pocket for us?

Shame we cant rookie list Troy Selwood for the game & get him to flatten Milne!! Lol.
Anyone else big in the twos that has size that could take the bullet?

and prevent our backs getting rubbed out for making contact with a injured player

Lmfao, thank god he is out of Selwoods way.... :D

I cant see a match up for Hawkins at all.
Gee I'd be very worried if I was a Saints fan because he has looked like hes about to explode a kick a huge bag any week now... hopefully hes fully recovered for the knock and can play at 100%.
If so LOOK OUT!
Cats will get their fair share and more of the inside 50s, now we just have to do what we did so well against the Hawks, split the defence and get Hawkins 1 out on a defender, do that and hes a shot for 10 goals....

I cant see a match up for Hawkins at all.
Gee I'd be very worried if I was a Saints fan because he has looked like hes about to explode a kick a huge bag any week now... hopefully hes fully recovered for the knock and can play at 100%.
If so LOOK OUT!
Cats will get their fair share and more of the inside 50s, now we just have to do what we did so well against the Hawks, split the defence and get Hawkins 1 out on a defender, do that and hes a shot for 10 goals....

i agree, i reckon hawk was about to explode into the finals before his knock, but i think it might take a bit of time to recover from that hit to the head.

even if he does play this week, which is by no means certain, i wont be expecting too much from him,
give him another couple of weeks to fully recover before finals and we might just see him monster a few teams in september

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blake I think. Maybe Fisher. But yeah neither of those can adequately handle him I reckon.

neither any chance if he comes to play.
I dont think the knock will worry him at all, especially since he seems to have recovered so well from it.

Hi guys,

I'm a GFC home and away member and trying to grab level 3 general admission tickets for the game against the Saints on Friday night.
I can't seem to grab any online and when I went down to an agency the system was down.
Does anyone know if they are still available or if it is a fully-ticketed, seated game?

Thanks guys and go cats

Blake I think. Maybe Fisher. But yeah neither of those can adequately handle him I reckon.
Fisher on Hawkins would be a massive win for us. First because I don't think he can consistently beat Hawkins although he is probably the best option they have and second because to break even he would have to lock down which starves them of Fisher's creativity. If Hawkins is truly ok and maintains the form he had going into last week he could be in for a huge game.

I don't think we'll rush Stanley back in, we did that last time and he tore his hamstring in the first quarter, need to wrap him in cotton wool

Reason I think Jones shouldn't be in the 22 is he literally cannot kick, he looks petrified when he's forced to. Watters has said we're trying to move towards a team with great disposal and I can't see Jones as a part of that.

With Hawkins I think Blake will take him, Simpkin, Dempster and sometimes Fisher going third man up. We've really struggled against the big power forwards this year like Tippet, Walker, etc. Will be a real challenge to try to restrict Hawkins

Fisher on Hawkins would be a massive win for us. First because I don't think he can beat Hawkins although he is probably the best option they have and second because to break even he would have to lock down which starves them of Fisher's creativity. If Hawkins is truly ok and maintains the form he had going into last week he could be in for a huge game.

Fixed.
Wont win 1 contest against him....
(win btw, not break even)

Fisher on Hawkins would be a massive win for us. First because I don't think he can consistently beat Hawkins although he is probably the best option they have and second because to break even he would have to lock down which starves them of Fisher's creativity. If Hawkins is truly ok and maintains the form he had going into last week he could be in for a huge game.

TBH they are better off leaving him for the 3rd man up job. In 09/10 I have too many memories of us bombing it in while Lyon had Fisher as the spare defendetr cutting everything off. We need to a) not allow them a spare and b) be smart with our ball delivery rather than just blindly banging it long. If we do that we will kick enough goals to win the game.

Must admit this was one of the things that crossed my mind after he was injured.

Yeah same, that's what happened to Gamble. Tommy is a vastly superior player though, and been in form much longer than Gamble ever was so hopefully no issue.

Hi guys,

I'm a GFC home and away member and trying to grab level 3 general admission tickets for the game against the Saints on Friday night.
I can't seem to grab any online and when I went down to an agency the system was down.
Does anyone know if they are still available or if it is a fully-ticketed, seated game?

Thanks guys and go cats
The game is not fully ticketed, so you will be able to scan your ticket in and either sit on Level 3 or stand.

TBH they are better off leaving him for the 3rd man up job. In 09/10 I have too many memories of us bombing it in while Lyon had Fisher as the spare defendetr cutting everything off. We need to a) not allow them a spare and b) be smart with our ball delivery rather than just blindly banging it long. If we do that we will kick enough goals to win the game.

I must say it's one thing they've been doing very well in the last few weeks - not allowing loose defenders to do as they please running the ball out. A big reason why they pulverised Hawthorn early was Birchall and Suckling were held accountable by their opponents. Much harder to get the ball when you've got an actual opponent.

Agree entirely with what you've said. Keep every defender occupied, win the ball in the middle and get it to Hawkins as fast as possible. It's going to be tougher than perhaps we're assuming but we've got the cattle to win if we play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back