Preview AFL Round 4 - Geelong v North Melbourne, Simonds Stadium, 3:20PM Sunday 26 April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokes only named on an extended so perhaps you're giving him an extra day?

No Blease or Gore? Talk about opportunity missed.

Very disappointing that neither has been named even in the extended squad. I can only assume they are intending to wait until one of the Lang/Cockatoo/Gregson group are needing a break before elevating another kid (Gore that is).

On the plus side JK's good form has been recognised.

Their time will come soon enough
I find myself thinking this at the start of the season and it gets to the end and I think "what happened?"

See Hamling, J.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find myself thinking this at the start of the season and it gets to the end and I think "what happened?"

See Hamling, J.

Yeah, have felt the same at times, but to be fair, Cocky, Lang and Gregson have gotten game time in the first three rounds, with Kolo named this week, so I have some hope we'll see Gore and Blease sooner than later.

Maybe, for reasons known only to them, the MC believe this is not the game in which to debut them?
Agree with others who've postulated that too many young players makes us a bit fragile and that we're better off sticking with the more experienced players as much as we are able. I added up the amount of games we lose via the exit of Bartel, Stokes and Loners, plus Mackie still presumably missing - and it was 820-ish. That's a hell of a lot of experience to lose in one week, then there is the issue of Stanley and Clark still finding their feet...
Not sure if Kolo will play- think he might, though, if the MC decide they want to flick Blitz into the midfield again.

Last edited:
Not with Murdoch tearing it up apparently.
God he must be a genius at washing cars and making coffee.

Hope Walker plays but that would require them to go the 3 talls as Hawk will play if available. He's a lock.

Very disappointing that neither has been named even in the extended squad. I can only assume they are intending to wait until one of the Lang/Cockatoo/Gregson group are needing a break before elevating another kid (Gore that is).

On the plus side JK's good form has been recognised.

Just posted up about Gore possible selection, oh well! maybe after another bog game in the two's, I take it that JK has been included, good!

Just posted up about Gore possible selection, oh well! maybe after another bog game in the two's, I take it that JK has been included, good!
Good to see JK get recognised, his 2014 was good and has carried on in the same vein so far in 2015.

With no Mackie or Lonergan here could be his chance. Don't know whether he will get it this game though.

Not many better opportunities
I agree. It's just Rivers and Harry are in the 22 as is Blicavs and Hawkins and Clark and I suspect Stanley will play and possibly Walker. Can't be too tall but if he does get a game, he's deserved it thoroughly:thumbsu:

Agree with others who've postulated that too many young players makes us a bit fragile and that we're better off sticking with the more experienced players as much as we are able. I added up the amount of games we lose via the exit of Bartel, Stokes and Loners, plus Mackie still presumably missing - and it was 820-ish. That's a hell of a lot of experience to lose in one week, then there is the issue if Stanley and Clark still finding their feet...
Not sure if Kolo will play- think he might, though, if the MC decide they want to flick Blitz into the midfield again.

Interestingly, and if I've captured the essence of Scott's recent comments correctly, he's implied that the Best 22 is fluid, week by week, according to the opposition being played.

See Hamling, J.
Can't even get a gig for the doggies. Shame.

I know we gotta get games into Murdoch, but I don't think continually playing him in the 1s when he's so out of form is not going to help his development.
Weird selection. Going to make this game extremely hard to be competitive in.
Walker must of just realised he'll never be more than a back up no matter how he plays.

I could somewhat understand Murdoch being given the Varcoe treatment up until last year, given A) a lot of our other kids have had injury problems in their first few years, and B) we have lacked pace. But now that we have so many more options on the list, I cannot for the life of me understand why his name is even brought up for discussion at team selection...

Can't see any possible reason to name Stokes. If his Achilles is better than we thought, why wouldn't you just give him the week off anyway?

And if Walker is dropped and they play both JK and Rivers I'll be mad. Seems pretty easy to accommodate him even if Hawkins plays by pushing Clark into the ruck and playing Blitz down back for parts of the game...

Last edited:
Interestingly, and if I've captured the essence of Scott's recent comments correctly, he's implied that the Best 22 is fluid, week by week, according to the opposition being played.
That's fair enough. A taller backline against the Swans, for instance, perhaps? Need a couple of small defenders against some teams who have the quick smalls but can get away with a defender who can play on talls and smalls against other teams. Need bigger midfield bodies against some teams and can get away with a couple of slower players but need faster players against other teams? Yeah, I can see what he's getting at- and why he had 30 players in his "Best 22".
Perhaps "Best 22" is a misnomer and it should really be "Most suitable 22"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back