Preview AFL Round 4 - Geelong v North Melbourne, Simonds Stadium, 3:20PM Sunday 26 April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you bulletproof. Norf got spanked by the Crows and were lucky to beat Port, they aren't in stella form either. I think on balance you'd hope the Cats could win and go 2-2. Our run opens up a bit the next few weeks with games against: Richmond, Collingwood, Swans, Carlton, West Coast. Really after that we should be 6 wins and 3 losses.

Last edited:
From the HS:

The chances of potential debutants Jake Kolodjashnij, Dean Gore and former Demon Sam Blease:

“Yeah we were pleased with the way those three players, in particular, played on the weekend and in previous weeks in the VFL.

“So they’re pushing their case. I’d say with some confidence ... we’ll have Kolodjashnij in our (squad of) 25. We need to think a little bit more about whether he makes the final 22 but his performances at VFL level have warranted consideration at AFL level and if he plays, we’ll have a lot of confidence that he’ll do the job.”

“So they’re pushing their case. I’d say with some confidence ... we’ll have Kolodjashnij in our (squad of) 25. We need to think a little bit more about whether he makes the final 22 but his performances at VFL level have warranted consideration at AFL level and if he plays, we’ll have a lot of confidence that he’ll do the job.”
Ufff come on you know 100% if any of them are going to be playing this weekend. Just tell us FFS.

From the HS:

The chances of potential debutants Jake Kolodjashnij, Dean Gore and former Demon Sam Blease:

“Yeah we were pleased with the way those three players, in particular, played on the weekend and in previous weeks in the VFL.

I sort of think the fact that he speaks a lot about Kolo suggests the other 2 probably aren't going to be in the squad. My guess for the squad is:

In - Hawkins, Kolo, Rivers, Smedts, GHS
Out - Bartel, Stokes

FB Kolodjashnij Rivers Bews
HB Enright Taylor Thurlow
C Motlop Blicavs Duncan
HF Caddy Walker Gregson
FF Clark Hawkins Lang
Fol Stanley Selwood Kelly
Int Guthrie Horlin-Smith Johnson
Sub Murdoch

EMG Smedts Blease Gore

In Kolodjashnij Rivers Hawkins Horlin-Smith
Out Stokes Bartel Lonergan Cockatoo

This team feels way too tall.

Last edited by a moderator:
C Motlop Blicavs Duncan
HF Caddy Walker Gregson
FF Clark Hawkins Lang
Int Guthrie Horlin-Smith Cockatoo
Sub Murdoch

EMG Smedts Blease Gore

In Kolodjashnij Rivers Hawkins
Out Stokes Bartel Lonergan

You did exactly what I did last week - missed Stevie J.

C Motlop Blicavs Duncan
HF Caddy Walker Gregson
FF Clark Hawkins Lang
Sub Murdoch

EMG Smedts Blease Gore

You've included the Hyphen (without noting him amongst the additions) and omitted SJ (without noting him amongst the outs).

EDIT: Thanks to 00VicWard001 for spotting this first!

C Motlop Blicavs Duncan
HF Caddy Walker Gregson
FF Clark Hawkins Lang
Sub Murdoch

EMG Smedts Blease Gore

Murdoch won't find touch sitting on the pine,he needs time on the ground it's just a matter of if it's AFL or VFL.

I sort of think the fact that he speaks a lot about Kolo suggests the other 2 probably aren't going to be in the squad. My guess for the squad is:

In - Hawkins, Kolo, Rivers, Smedts, GHS
Out - Bartel, Stokes
That would amount to 4 tall defenders (Lonners. Harry, Rivers, Kolo) 2 rucks (Stanley, Blitz) and 3 tall forwards (Hawkins, Walker, Clark) waaaayy top heavy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C Motlop Blicavs Duncan
HF Caddy Walker Gregson
FF Clark Hawkins Lang
Sub Murdoch

EMG Smedts Blease Gore

Agree , do not think it will be this.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ell-daniel-wells/story-fni5f22o-1227317234229
“Yeah we were pleased with the way those three players, in particular, played on the weekend and in previous weeks in the VFL. “So they’re pushing their case. I’d say with some confidence ... we’ll have Kolodjashnij in our (squad of) 25. We need to think a little bit more about whether he makes the final 22 but his performances at VFL level have warranted consideration at AFL level and if he plays, we’ll have a lot of confidence that he’ll do the job.”

Its sounds like Gore , Blease and Kolo may all be named in 25. Be very happy if so. Show guts , and some realism... will not overly hold out for a win but games into these three would really be a step towards renewal.

That would amount to 4 tall defenders (Lonners. Harry, Rivers, Kolo) 2 rucks (Stanley, Blitz) and 3 tall forwards (Hawkins, Walker, Clark) waaaayy top heavy.
No longeran in the quoted list...

The 3 omitted would include at least 2 talls. I'd expect the squad to be top heavy because we're going to name Hawkins and Lonergan with both a very good chance not to play.

Stokes, Enright, Johnson and Mackie.
Thought Enright was great on the weekend.
Or he was from where I stood. Think I'm alone there though.
Confident SJ can get going.
Mack has played 1 game and got injured in it.
Stokes is definitely, at the very least, a worry.

With the exception of Enright all have had some injury concern so far.
Makes it crystal clear that when you're an old fella, staying fit & injury free is crucial to form otherwise you just look slow-ish and off the boil as you said.

Stokes is definitely, at the very least, a worry.
As I see it it's Stokes v Gregson and Gregson is miles ahead of him. But this is exactly the scenario the club would want. I am glad it's happening.

I always forget someone, Cockatoo out Johnson in.
I did like your squad though. Maybe Johnson in for George?

Also would love to see Blease get a go. Even though we aren't a powerhouse anymore - I am enjoying seeing our squad change and a very different team emerge. This squad will be Chris Scotts entirely and will have a great style to it in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back