Preview AFL Round 4 - Geelong v North Melbourne, Simonds Stadium, 3:20PM Sunday 26 April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to think Scott is coming more amore around to the idea of Clark in the ruck,I'd expect we might see his minutes in there increase.And you would think Blitz having his hands full down back this week we might not be truly running a 3 man tall set up but more just a standards forward half.
Yeah whatever happens Stanley will spend more time in the ruck than Clark.
It'll most likely be a constant rotation thing. Great flexibility with Stanley, Clark, Blitz & even Walker being able to go in the ruck.

Yeah whatever happens Stanley will spend more time in the ruck than Clark.
It'll most likely be a constant rotation thing. Great flexibility with Stanley, Clark, Blitz & even Walker being able to go in the ruck.
The only way I can see Blitz in the ruck this week is if Walker or Stanley have a spell down back.Pass on Walker in the ruck thank you.

335800_np.jpg

Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war.
Anyone seen ghostbusters 2.....

Goldy virtually does it alone, Petrie helps out sparingly. I see that as a possible advantage for us if he has to come up against a fresher RS/MC, with Blics as a RR jumping all over the lot of them in Q4

Goldy virtually does it alone, Petrie helps out sparingly. I see that as a possible advantage for us if he has to come up against a fresher RS/MC, with Blics as a RR jumping all over the lot of them in Q4
Petrie doesn't even ruck anymore, brown does that role.

Last question we're getting nowhere, does Rivers play fullback or centre half back? if the answers yes he's a KPD if the answers no he's not.
I'd assume he goes to Waite... is certainly more intelligent (to beat him in a positioning sense) than him and Waites no speed demon on the move

1. I reckon they all start. People on here have been asking for a 3 tall setup and I haven't been a huge advocate but I'm happy to see it get a run. Clark will probably get some time in the ruck again where he seems to be going well.
Plus, it's not proven but it seems that having a tall as a sub is a bit of a waste especially as teams seem to want more run towards the end of the game
2. You'd think he'd play mostly back with Petrie, Waite and B Brown playing fwd. Will give Stanley a chop out in the ruck when/if Brown or Petrie go in there. Last week
3. Don't think we need to run him into the ground. Don't think he should be sub nor do I think he's been good at it when given that role. I thought he was ok against Freo. Hoping he can build into some better form, we need him around the contest.
On 2. What would you have as the matchups? I'd have Blitz on Brown.

Rivers v Waite and Petrie v Taylor or vice versa??

I'd assume he goes to Waite... is certainly more intelligent (to beat him in a positioning sense) than him and Waites no speed demon on the move
Waite's only two strengths are contested marking which suits rivers and holding a high leap which doesn't suit rivers as much.

Not the best week to have Lonergan out, but we have enough options.

Waite's only two strengths are contested marking which suits rivers and holding a high leap which doesn't suit rivers as much.
By holding a high leap do you mean how he often jumps early.... but seems to hold that position before coming down?

I just think Petrie will be too big, and Brown too mobile for Riv...

That said he towelled up Daw last week who is both those things.... but who also has no idea whatsoever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Waite dominate both Geelong and NM last year, on his day can be a match-winner.

Simple because some one has to play there due to circumstances doesn't automatically make them a KPD,look at Walker he was thrown into ruck in 3013/14 do we class him as a ruckman?no of cause not and the same with Rivers you may as well thrown Mackie in there as well with your key position defenders he once took on Buddy.

Rivers is a KPD he is a 2nd or 3rd KPD, he doesn't have other attributes other than defending against tall players. If Rivers isn't a KPD why is he in the team?

Mackie isn't a KPD he is in the team for his kicking, he is an attacking defender.

Rivers doesn't have elite kicking skills or pace so he is a run of the mill KPD, his job is to defend against the big guys.

By holding a high leap do you mean how he often jumps early.... but seems to hold that position before coming down?

I just think Petrie will be too big, and Brown too mobile for Riv...

That said he towelled up Daw last week who is both those things.... but who also has no idea whatsoever
Yes exactly that, has a descent spring, but if you get him in a contest, I personally back rivers most times.

Depends what we are trying to do and how much risk we are willing to take.
I'd prefer to have Taylor on Waite, and Rivers on Petrie, as I think it matches the strengths of the players a little better.
This leaves Blicavs on Brown.

What we could(but not necessarily will) do is to try releasing Taylor like we did late in Scarlet's career.
Put Blicavs on Petrie and Rivers on Waite with Taylor playing loose off Brown. Trying to go third man up whenever possible.

Rivers is a KPD he is a 2nd or 3rd KPD, he doesn't have other attributes other than defending against tall players. If Rivers isn't a KPD why is he in the team?

Mackie isn't a KPD he is in the team for his kicking, he is an attacking defender.

Rivers doesn't have elite kicking skills or pace so he is a run of the mill KPD, his job is to defend against the big guys.
Yes I'm happy to except Rivers that was a fare call by you and of cause 10lana.

Depends what we are trying to do and how much risk we are willing to take.
I'd prefer to have Taylor on Waite, and Rivers on Petrie, as I think it matches the strengths of the players a little better.
This leaves Blicavs on Brown.

What we could(but not necessarily will) do is to try releasing Taylor like we did late in Scarlet's career.
Put Blicavs on Petrie and Rivers on Waite with Taylor playing loose off Brown. Trying to go third man up whenever possible
That's the better option.

Gotta hit Ziebel with some hard tackles early!

Petrie is just to big for the other two and plays well against Geelong most times if we can keep him to 3goals it will be a win for our back half.
He usually starts the season slow and uses you guys to get into some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back