Game Day AFL Round 5 - Matchday Discussion Essendon@Collingwood(MCG – 3:20PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For us it’s all about winning the battle in the midfield, and making it hard for Essendon to enter their forward 50 cleanly. Very intrigued to see who plays on Daniher.
Dropping a monster on Grundy for the Anzac Medal. Very nervous about the game as it’s genuinely 50/50. If we don’t bring our best tackling performance in the middle, we will blown away.
If Essendon drop a player back, I hope we follow them. We can’t let Hurley or Hooker have too many intercept possessions. Very nervous.

Collingwood by 19.

Not sure if Dunn is the answer as he doesn't have the speed. Maybe Schaz with his anticipation?

I think we will play a loose man in defence too and back ourselves to get the ball inside 50 more than them. If we win the contested possession stat we should win.

I wouldn’t be surprised. Probably the only way to curb Daniher without an agile KPD.
For what it’s worth, I think Mclarty(in a few years) would be an ideal matchup for Daniher. Think they should have stuck with him as a KPD.

Feeling a bit ill TBH. Pies do that to you sometimes.

I reckon JDG is ready to burst. He shook off the cobwebs last game, and now he’s ready to brush off the Dons defenders. They won’t get a hand on him. It’s time for the beast!

I’m feeling really confident about today... and that worries me. It’s when we are a good chance of winning and when we are about to prove us optimists right that we lose badly.

I still wake up in a cold sweat thinking about that Zaharakis goal. We better whip these floggers today. Go Pies!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t be surprised. Probably the only way to curb Daniher without an agile KPD.
For what it’s worth, I think Mclarty(in a few years) would be an ideal matchup for Daniher. Think they should have stuck with him as a KPD.

Maybe they are planning on Mclarty in today (forward) and sending Reid back.

The only concern I have is Daniher. We dont have a matchup for him.

Suspect that they will stick with the selected 22 though and cover Daniher through gameplan and defensive efforts up the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back