AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
at work but got in on personal laptop, porting off of phone.
Do you reckon having multiple devices on different networks makes a difference (eg. wifi and mobile data)? I've heard people mention this as a tactic before but have never tried.

Do you reckon having multiple devices on different networks makes a difference (eg. wifi and mobile data)? I've heard people mention this as a tactic before but have never tried.

yeah better to only have 1 page per network. Usually non wifi seems to work better.

I messed up. Was busy and nearly left it too late. Only rememberd I needed to be online about ten minutes after midday. Still, only took 5 or so minutes which better than last few seasons at finals time. Would have liked level 2 but just content to be there and not miss it.

I didn't realise Bronze was a standalone, elective membership. I thought it was a wait list membership until there were vacancies in Silver.

Elective and can switch between Silver and Bronze depending on your circumstances and how the team is going. I have it myself as my games attended has dropped recently. Might go back to Silver next year.

You only get 10 games at the MCG rather than 40 at Marvel/MCG. More expensive finals tickets and higher cost to reserve seats. Waitlist is the same

Its half the price so might be ok if you are supporting an MCG tenant or have a club membership and keep the AFL membership for the waitlist only or a random MCG game

Elective and can switch between Silver and Bronze depending on your circumstances and how the team is going. I have it myself as my games attended has dropped recently. Might go back to Silver next year.

You only get 10 games at the MCG rather than 40 at Marvel/MCG. More expensive finals tickets and higher cost to reserve seats. Waitlist is the same

Its half the price so might be ok if you are supporting an MCG tenant or have a club membership and keep the AFL membership for the waitlist only or a random MCG game
Can you confirm that you still moved up the waitlist?

Can you confirm that you still moved up the waitlist?
I enquired Nov 2020. Bronze membership 2021-2023 because I have barely gone since wife had kids plus I work some games as well. Have moved up I will need to find an old card or something to get historical waitlist number. Edit: end of 2020 - 13934. End of 2022 - 10921

Further to our call this afternoon, please see the below information;

Absentee

• $170
  • Maintain Gold Waitlist
  • 4 Guest Passes

Bronze

• $250
  • Access to 10 Games
  • Maintain Gold Waitlist
  • Club Support

Let us know which option you would like to take.

Thanks,

Hayleigh

AFL Membership Team

Last edited:
I enquired Nov 2020. Bronze membership 2021-2023 because I have barely gone since wife had kids plus I work some games as well. Have moved up I will need to find an old card or something to get historical waitlist number. Edit: end of 2020 - 13934. End of 2022 - 10921
Thanks I should do the same. I have an add on with Richmond for a reserved seat in Richmond members, so I only use AFL for away games and finals. Even though I like going to finals as a neutral (Richmond might be missing for a while) it doesn't seem worth it. The main thing is to move up the waitlist.

Thanks I should do the same. I have an add on with Richmond for a reserved seat in Richmond members, so I only use AFL for away games and finals. Even though I like going to finals as a neutral (Richmond might be missing for a while) it doesn't seem worth it. The main thing is to move up the waitlist.
It doesnt mention it on the website.. so best to just enquire to be 100% sure

It doesnt mention it on the website.. so best to just enquire to be 100% sure
From memory and looking on line, Bronze members don't pay a joining fee or get a waitlist number. Given silvers have paid a joining fee, it makes sense that we'd retain a waitlist number if switching to bronze.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory and looking on line, Bronze members don't pay a joining fee or get a waitlist number. Given silvers have paid a joining fee, it makes sense that we'd retain a waitlist number if switching to bronze.
I was silver then switched to Bronze. Maybe you need to do that to maintain waitlist

One of you guys?

A bloke rang into 3AW this morning having a go at Ticketek. Said he was a 12 AFL Gold member with Carlton club support and could only get Standing Room. Fair enough.

But he was of the understanding that Gold members are guaranteed seats to all finals, hence the rant. Another one who needs to read the T&C’s to understand their membership entitlements.

Besides, its hard to fit 30,000 gold members into the 13,000-18,000, or however many seats the AFL deign to give us.

Does anyone here have a club reserve seat membership attached to your AFL Club Support one? And do you get a discount on that or are you still charged full price for it. (I feel like I read once people got a discount but that might've been years ago)

Does anyone here have a club reserve seat membership attached to your AFL Club Support one? And do you get a discount on that or are you still charged full price for it. (I feel like I read once people got a discount but that might've been years ago)
I'm not sure about finals but for H&A, they used to (not sure if they still do) discount the guest pass if you were a club member of one of the teams playing. I think you needed to pay the difference between the guest pass and general admission price.

There would be a cap, they're just not anywhere near it.

They discussed a silver cap of 30k some years back, meaning a total gold+silver cap of 60k.
There are some posts in this thread about it from 2013 to 2015.
I don't think they formally bothered in the end and instead introduced bronze membership which took some demand off silver and kept it under 30k ever since. As you say I'd think they would have a cap in mind though if too many join up, hence the subject to availability wording, especially if a whole bunch of Pie supporters join.

Emailed the AFL membership
  • Gold members capped at 30k
  • No cap on silver
  • 2500 platinum members
  • They didn’t answer how many GF tickets available for AFL members
Silver should be capped at 30k, they asked members about this a few years ago and decided not to remove the cap. If they have removed it that is another thing that has been done on the sly.

What they need to release is the breakdown of Full/Silver club support for each club. They used to do this but stopped about 10 years ago. What happens if say Collingwood has 10k Full Members and Essendon has 8k full members and they meet in a GF, will they all be guaranteed a GF ticket?

Yes I do. The amount I pay is roughly (or maybe it is exactly) the same amount as the difference between a Richmond membership for that seat and a Richmond GA membership. So 100% fair.
It means I don't have to book or save seats for others I go to the footy with every week and being in the Northern Stand you don't look in the sun for day games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back