Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XI - McKay. Goldstein. Gresham. Duursma!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good result. He is a B grade player but we so desperately need a real KPD. We couldnt keep rolling out Laverde on the likes of Dixon, King x2 and many others.

Makes it easier for Reid, Hayes and Cox to hopefully develop in defence as well and take some pressure off Ridley and Redman to try and do everything.

Finally, a genuine KPD...

Saints don’t get pick 13 unless Essendon create it out of thin air. So those assets aren’t equal because one only exists if Essendon creates it with its cap space.

That it’s unbalanced is why Essendon is paying Sheils contract. That makes him worth a 2nd round pick
The whole thing is unlikely

But by creating higher compo we should be getting back a pick that is equivalent to the pick upgrade between band 3 & band 1 compo - plus the value of a Shiel whose wage is paid.

We can’t simply get the compo pick. Otherwise it’s just a straight trade - Gresham for Shiel.. why bother with the whole FA malarkey.

hirdthewords 2024 whipping boy confirmed
Can you do the whipping somewhere else? Id like to at least give him a preseason before I write him off.

I wonder if port would consider wines in part of bzt trade?
I am not a massive McKay fan but Brennan cox’s contract shows where the market is at.
does this mean we trial zach Reid as a forward?
I preferred him forward as a junior player who could pinch hit in the ruck.

0e23963bf9cddfe0dad3c79f07c53c36
Digitally enhanced to make it look as if there really is two of them…nice try

Can you do the whipping somewhere else? Id like to at least give him a preseason before I write him off.

he has had 7 preseasons

he has played 70 games

whipping boy confirmed

i note its all dependant on what we pay. If we don't trigger band 1, i will be much less negative.

Last edited:
Ben is the best player in the universe
i heard that when jesus was on the cross, ben mckay offered to go in his place, but even jesus knew that he had an important calling in the future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice - now what can we trade him for?

Jk, very happy with this. Structurally important and I think letting him pass over 50k pa would've been a bad call given our cap space.

Goodluck Ben!

At least we now have a decent size FB. Was keen to fill that gap and happy enough to land McKay .
He has copped a lot of negative analysis from some bf posters in recent weeks, but he generally is a good player. Not pick 3 of course, but he locks down and often beats the big opposition forward. His interception game is generally reliable too. He will pair well with Ridley.

He has copped a lot of negative analysis from some bf posters in recent weeks, but he generally is a good player. Not pick 3 of course, but he locks down and often beats the big opposition forward. His interception game is generally reliable too. He will pair well with Ridley.
speaking of ridley:

id assume this is fairly accurate so i think it’s a decent sign as to how he’ll enter the club

speaking of ridley:

id assume this is fairly accurate so i think it’s a decent sign as to how he’ll enter the club

Both McKays as well as Ridley and McGrath participated in the speed project off season before last so they would all know each other decently well.

Rids, Ben McKay and Baldwin all did it last off season as well.

Last edited:
Really quite galling if we are considering moving Shiel considering tonight’s game was dominated by a clearance mid that can drive his legs and take the game forward
Feel Like it was always him or Parish. Shiel probably more aligned to what we need but Parish much younger.

He’s a butcher at times but he’s also our only mid who can consistently get through the front of stoppages. I prefer him to Parish but at 31 it was probably always going to go this way.

Really quite galling if we are considering moving Shiel considering tonight’s game was dominated by a clearance mid that can drive his legs and take the game forward

It’s a great move long term and I’d be disappointed if we didn’t take advantage of it if it’s available. Shiel is not going to win us a premiership. No brainer for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back