Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

Watch us still hand over 19, holds a lot more value then 22 and Geelong are going to push hard for it. Bell is going to panic to get the deal done and hand over 19 paying overs for Clark, just because he wants to come to us and the club needs a good headline.
If we were Geelong I'd ask for #19 too. But #22 is better than #27 was.

I hope Freo stick to #22

I’m starting to think there’s big shuffles at play.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we do Clark deal for 22.

Then give Cerra, 19 and change to Carlton and receive 6, 25 and future picks.

I have a bad feeling we’re going to downgrade 19 for 25.
Really hope not. I feel like Cerra's value is getting diluted each day. It really should be a minimum of pick 6 and 25. Don't want their F2 which will likely be higher than this year's 25.

Holy sh*t this is a rollercoaster. Was absolutely dreading this trade period but Belly is playing this masterfully

Easy tiger.
He’s definitely hit the first ball through covers for four and if the Collingwood deal goes down he’s moved to 15 on his way to 100, but I’ll wait to see how the rest of his innings shapes before celebrating his ton.

Pretty standard for a young tall isn’t it?Even Sandilands and Dean Cox started off as rookies. I think guys like Jackson are the exception rather than the rule when it comes to rucks.
Plus Andrew could debut in a forward pocket. Cox was also really skinny and 200cms, but debuted for Essendon last year in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knew we would send the Suns a future 4th

This does murky the waters a bit though because they sent back the picks in the 60s

atleast we have a Benning Bid covered now, which is great

I wonder if the AFL has changed the precedent on a salary dump? I'm not sure its obvious enough to call it that officially

Knew we would send the Suns a future 4th

This does murky the waters a bit though because they sent back the picks in the 60s

atleast we have a Benning Bid covered now, which is great

I wonder if the AFL has changed the precedent on a salary dump? I'm not sure its obvious enough to call it that officially
Suns get their own rulebook, wouldn’t say it’s clear if another club tried a dump just yet

We seem to be forgetting Geelong would be more then happy to hold Clark to his contract, they hold all the cards here unfortunately. Pick 19 is in very real danger here imo and I personally still see pick 27 as a fair price for him, so I hope we walk away and take both 19 and 22 to the draft but I doubt we would.

We seem to be forgetting Geelong would be more then happy to hold Clark to his contract, they hold all the cards here unfortunately. Pick 19 is in very real danger here imo and I personally still see pick 27 as a fair price for him, so I hope we walk away and take both 19 and 22 to the draft but I doubt we would.
So you think Walls either didn't think this himself or did but didn't confirm with Mackie that #22 would be enough before pulling the trigger on both trades?

It's done imo. Mackie would have said #22 would get it done. If they re-neg on that then it'd spread through the AFL community like wild fire.

I get Geelong will want 19 but 22 is massive overs as it is. I’ll be annoyed if we hand it over, Geelong demanding 19 over 22 would just be them being gigantic arseholes for the sake of it
I would have thought that the only reason we do the trade for 22 is because we will not be offering 19.

With 22 I would be expecting something back in return. We can now upgrade pick 61. Geelong will get 22 (24) and we will get 61 moved forward to 41 for eg.

Or more likely we get F3 from Geelong and that is passed onto Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back